A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Star Trek 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:00 pm

"Captain -"

"No, Spock."

"Jim."

Kirk sighs. "Dammit, why do you gotta do that? I hate it when you do that." By now Amanda and Winona have stopped playing with the hypospray and are watching their humans bicker. Kirk runs his fingers through his hair. "Look. I know you want to be down there, and I know why. I also know you are in far greater danger than I am - if we can bring up those two, I'm obviously not allergic to the whole damn planet. But just this once, will you let me protect you?"

Spock sighs. Kirk watches as all the tension escapes his shoulders. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yes, I will stay here. But if something goes wrong, I am coming down after you."
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 pm

The tension leaves Kirk's shoulders. "Thank you."

"Do not thank me yet. You do realize that I will be watching your every move while you are down on that planet, correct?"

"I kind of figured. And hey, I'm not gonna stop you." Kirk said with a small grin.

"Hey, don't I get a say in this?" McCoy demanded. "I don't wanna go back down there! It's cold!"

"Suck it up, Bones. You're a big boy." Kirk said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:08 pm

"Besides, if something does go wrong, I trust you to take care of the captain." Spock says.

McCoy blinks. "You do?"

"Yes. You are not completely incompetent."

"Gee, thanks. There's the Vulcan I know and love."

"And I am officially disturbed." Kirk says. "I'm gonna go get the landing party ready. Looks like we have about an hour before the storm ceases."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:33 pm

McCoy gave a sigh. "I'll see you in the transporter room in an hour. Let me go and finish thawing out from last time."

"Go right ahead. That's my plan." Kirk smiled and motioned to the door. "Coming, Spock?"

"Of course. Shall we play a game of chess in the meantime?" Spock asked as he joined Kirk at the door.

"I'm game. Let me go let Uhura know that she's part of the landing party and I'll be right there."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Spock nods. "I will meet you in my quarters." he says. He pets Winona on the head briefly before the two part ways. Amanda curls up around his neck, her warmth making his ears tingle. The comfort almost makes him smile. Apparently the bat-monkeys can purr. This amuses him.

"Hey Commander Spock - woah. Vat is that?"

He looks up to see Chekov standing there staring at him. "I mean, the keptin has one too, but he wasn't very informative."

"Unfortunately, I cannot be any more useful." Spock says. "All I know about them is they are reasonably intelligent and extremely warm."

Chekov grins. "I bet you like that!"

"It has its merits." Spock agrees. The young ensign laughs at that. Spock likes Chekov. He's one of the few people who was immediately at ease around the Vulcan. Kirk and Uhura being the other two.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:50 pm

Kirk walked onto the bridge, and Winona flew off his shoulder to land on Uhura's, earning a slight twitch of surprise. Uhura's hand came up to pet Winona. "Hey, Kirk. What's up?"

"You're joining Bones and I on the next away mission." Kirk said with a grin. "And you're stealing Winona away from me. I"m jealous."

"Nah. I've already got a pet monkey, and he's down in engineering working on the warp core." Uhura said with a grin.

"I think if Scotty heard you, he'd be insulted." Kirk said with a laugh.

"Nope. He's called himself worse." Uhura smiled. "So I'm joining you? What about Spock?"

"He'll be here monitoring us. According to Bones, if he goes down there again, and another blizzard hits, it could kill him. So, we're trying to avoid that."

"Gotcha. When do we leave?"

"In about an hour. In the meantime, I have a chess game to get to." Kirk said with a laugh. "I'll meet you in the transporter room with Bones."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:54 pm

"I'll be sure to pack warm." Uhura says dryly. She pets Winona, who offers a small coo and flits back to Kirk. Uhura laughs. "Nope. That one is loyal to you."

"Good. She's my awesome bat-monkey, not yours." Kirk says with a grin.

"Bat-monkey?"

"Well, we don't know what they're called, and it sounds odd calling anything with a reasonable amount of intelligence a pet." Kirk points out. "Besides, Spock would have my head."

"You do realize he'll be cyber-stalking us, right?" Uhura calls over her shoulder.

"If it will keep him on the ship, let him." Kirk calls back, leaving the bridge.

Sulu glances at Uhura. "Who do they think they're kidding?"

"Each other." Uhura says with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:57 pm

"I heard that!" Kirk yells over his shoulder as he walks away.

"Good! Maybe you'll get your heads out of your asses and DO something about the UST that's killing us here just watching!" Sulu yelled back before the doors closed.

Winona was looking at Kirk, her head cocked to the side, almost as if she agreed with the helmsman. Kirk gave her a look. "I'm working on it."

He stopped in front of Spock's door and chuckled. "It's just baby steps."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 am

Spock's door slides open at Kirk's touch. Spock looks up at him and offers him that not-smile. "Amanda is attempting to help me set up the chess board. They are very curious creatures."

"That they are." Kirk says with no small amount of amusement. Winona leaves his shoulder, and the two fly around the room a few times before taking refuge on Spock's bed and proceeding to groom each other. "Hopefully while I'm down there I'll be able to find out what they eat. Program the replicators with it. It would suck to take them along and have them go hungry."

"That would be cruel." Spock glances at the creatures. "I believe them to be slightly telepathic."

"Really? That would be so cool! You're gonna have to teach me how to do that, so I can talk to them too." And you, he thinks, but doesn't say.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:27 am

Kirk paused as he sat down across from Spock. "Is it possible to teach someone telepathy?"

Spock considered as he moved his first piece. "I'm not certain. I have heard that you are a psi-null. However, I do not believe this to be so. So, if anyone could learn, it would be you."

Kirk blinked. "What makes you say that?"

"You are one of three humans who have managed to read my emotions with any sort of accuracy. My mother being the first, you, the second, and Doctor McCoy as the third. Therefore, I do not believe the rumors of your being a null. I do believe however, you are slightly empathic, which would be why you can communicate to a degree with Winona."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:30 am

"Empathic." Kirk blinks and looks over at Winona and Amanda. "Huh. I like the sound of that. Better than null, at any rate."

Spock tilts his head to the side. "Why would you say that?"

Kirk gives him a look. "Please. My best friend is a telepath."

"I fail to see what one has to do with the other."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 am

"Well, it'd be cool if I could also communicate telepathically. It'd prevent you from having to guess what I'm planning when I can't actually announce my plans." Kirk said with a small smile as he considered his next move. "Check."

"Well, I can see how that would be easier on me, but I still fail to see why you'd want to learn in the first place." Spock said, moving his piece. "Check. It is not easy, having everyone's thoughts in your head."

Kirk made a face as he considered. "Well, probably not, but that's why you have shields, right? To help block out the noise?"

"Yes. But it takes years of practice, Jim. And it is not easy."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:47 am

Kirk shrugs. "Yeah, well, I still want to do it."

Spock frowns. "I still fail to see why." he admits. "It's not a simple feat."

The captain leans forward, ignoring the game for a moment. "Humans are illogical this way. We like doing things for people because we can, not because they'll be easy for us." he points out. "I want to do this because you can do it, and it'll be another point in common we have." He moves his chess piece. "Check."

For a very long moment, Spock just looks at him. Finally, he sighs. "Okay. I will teach you, if you really want to learn."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:08 am

Kirk gave him a small grin. "Yeah, I really wanna learn." he moved his piece. "Check."

Spock laughed. "I can tell." he glanced over at where Winona and Amanda had curled up on his bed and fallen asleep before moving his piece. "They are content, though they are beginning to get a little hungry."

"And that's why I want to learn." Kirk allowed a grin to cross his face. "Checkmate, Spock."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:13 am

Spock stares at the game board for a moment. "I fail to understand how you do that." he says.

Kirk just laughs at him. "And my hour is up. Wonder if Winona will wanna come along?" He glances over at the creatures, but Winona already has her head up and is cooing at him. He laughs. "Well, come on, girl. Can't waste all day lazing around." Winona quickly joins him and falls back asleep on his shoulders. Kirk laughs. "Lazy girl."

Spock stands up and gathers Amanda. She will not appreciate waking up alone. "I will be on the bridge if anything happens." he says.

"I know, Spock." They make it to the transport room. Kirk smiles at him. "Hey - everything is gonna be okay. I have my ferocious attack medic on hand. And Winona."

"I'm sure McCoy will be happy to note that he's the attack one, not Winona." Spock says with a faintly amused tone. "Be careful anyway."

"I will."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:41 am

Kirk paused and grabbed Spock's arm. "Wait, take Winona. She didn't like the teleporter last time, and I don't want her freaking out on me."

Spock nodded. "I will keep an eye on her, Captain."

"Didn't doubt it, but thanks." He carefully lifted Winona and handed her over to Spock. "I'll be back in a bit." he said, smoothing a hand down her fur. "Take care of Spock for me, 'kay? Don't let him freak out too much."

Winona chirped at him before curling up in the crook of Spock's arm. Kirk grinned and headed into the teleporter room, and grabbed the parka McCoy held out to him. "Thanks."

"You're gonna need it, kid. And I can't believe you're making me go back down there." McCoy grumbled.

"Oh, hush. Who knows, maybe you'll come back with a pet of your own." Kirk said cheerfully.

Uhura smiled. "That's why I agreed. I want one."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 am

"I'm surprised Spock agreed to that." McCoy grumbles. "It's not in the regulations."

"Yes! Finally I'm a bad influence!" Kirk pumps his fist in the air.

McCoy and Uhura exchange amused glances.

-----/

Spock waits on the bridge. He knows he must look ridiculous with Amanda curled up on his shoulders and Winona sleeping in the chair at his station (he's currently in the command chair, until Kirk returns) but he can hardly be bothered to worry about it. The bridge crew will just have to get used to it.

""Kirk to bridge."

Spock answers immediately. "Bridge. Spock here."

"It is cold down here even when it's not snowing. I thought you should know that."

There is a fair amount of snickering from Sulu and Chekov. Spock closes his eyes for a brief moment. "Consider me duly informed, Captain." he says dryly. "I'm assuming everyone is safe on the planet."

"Affirmative."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:54 am

"Good. I'll hear from you when you're ready to beam back. Good luck, Captain."

Kirk closed his communicator and looked around. "This isn't the same place we landed last time, is it?" he asked McCoy.

"No. The scenery's different, though I think we're still on the same beach." McCoy said, glancing around. Kirk nodded and started walking toward inland.

"Come on, then. Let's see what we can find. Who knows, maybe I can figure out just what Winona and Amanda eat." Kirk said, glancing back toward Uhura and McCoy.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Spock sits calmly in the captain's chair (as calmly as he can, anyway; he still wishes he was allowed to go back down) and is only mildly startled when a message from Starfleet comes through. He puts it through to the vid-screen.

"Commander Spock. I was expecting to see the Captain."

Great. The admiral. "Captain Kirk is currently part of a landing party." Spock says neutrally. "You are free, however, to direct your requests to me."

The admiral sneers. "When your little exploration party is finished, you are to report to Starbase X-12. There I will oversee a mental evaluation of the crew."

"You are going to assign us a psychiatrist?" Spock asks.

That earns him a faint smile. "You are the smart Vulcan - you figure it out. The coordinates have been sent to your computer." With that the transmission is cut.

Spock immediately turns his attention to Sulu. "Mr. Sulu, what do you know of Starbase X-12?" Starbases do not have number designations that begin with letters.

"It's one of 14 new Starbases being built in various regions of space." he says. "However, the location is classified. Once construction is complete - " Sulu pauses. "Strange. It's proper number hasn't been assigned yet."

Spock sighs. "Mr. Chekov, I want to know everything you can dig up on Admiral Sinclair." he says. "This situation is not safe."

Chekov nods. "Aye, Commander."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Kirk leads McCoy and Uhura onto the mainland. As he looks around, he pulls out his communicator. "Kirk to Enterprise, come in."

J"Enterprise, here, Captain." Spock's voice sounds faintly strained. Kirk's eyebrows draw together and he flicks a glance at Uhura, who's giving the communicatior a strange look.

"Everything okay, Spock?"

"Fine, Captain. I'll debrief you when you return to the Enterprise. Was there something you needed?"

"Yeah, we found the mainland. Apparently the beach we landed on is pretty large, it took us about an hour to cross to firm ground. We're not gonna go far in, mostly because we've got another storm brewing, but I'd like a look around, and see what we can find."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Spock nods. "Very well, Captain. See if you can find more of Winona and Amanda's kin. I am most interested in their species."

He can hear Kirk laughing. "Will do, Spock. Kirk out."

Chekov looks up at Spock. "Commander, zere is something you need to see." Spock leaves the chair and approaches the readout. Chekov points at the line of text. "Ze admiral is insane."

Spock has to admit - Chekov isn't far from the mark. "How did you find these documents?" he asks.

Chekov grins at him. "Don't ask, don't tell."

"Very well. Make copies of these and delete the evidence."

"Aye, sir."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Kirk shut his communicator and glanced at McCoy and Uhura. "Any guesses?"

McCoy nodded. "He's stressed out. Something's happened."

"That about sums up my guess." Uhura said, looking around. "I don't know about you, but - hey! Look, there's one of Winona and Amanda's kin." she pointed up towards the top of the tree. "They eat that fruit, sir."

Kirk turned and saw one of the critters grab a fruit and fly off, not bothering to investigate them. "Huh. Let me go take a look."

"Jim - you're not planning to climb that tree, are you?" Bones demanded.

"Yep! Gimme a boost! I need to grab one so I can program it into the replicator for Winona and Amanda."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm

"Or we can just, you know, put them back where we found them." McCoy protests. He still gives Kirk a leg-up into the tree.

Kirk grins. "They found us, Bones, not the other way around."

Uhura watches a group of the creatures flit around, watching the strange human climbing their tree. "I still want one." she says wistfully.

"Be freezing cold. Apparently that gets their attention." McCoy grunts. "Do not fall, Jim!"

"I'm not gonna!" Kirk retorts.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Kirk grabbed one of the fruits and picked it, turning it over and studying it carefully. "It's like a cross between an apple and an orange!" he said working his way back down. "At least, that's what it smells like." he dropped the last few feet to the ground. "See?"

McCoy grunted and pulled his communicator out. "McCoy to Enterprise. Get ready to beam us back up, the wind's starting to pick up and it's getting colder."

"I will alert the trasnsporter room. Prepare to beam back."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Uhura sighs, then gives a startled gasp as one of the creatures suddenly decides to land on her shoulder. It hands her another piece of fruit, this one looking something like a banana with no peeling. She takes it from the creature and grins. "Aw, you're sweet!" she coos. The creature burbles happily and curls up around her neck, closing its eyes and wrapping its tail around her arm.

McCoy sighs. "Shit."

Kirk can't stop laughing as he comms Spock again. "Spock, you may want to tell Scotty that we've got another one coming up with us."

There's a long pause, but when Spock responds, he's definitely amused. "Affirmative."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next