A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Star Trek 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Kirk grins as he turns to Uhura. "Before we go, a word of advice. You might want to have your hand on his head while we beam up. He's not gonna like it."

"How do you know that it's a male?" McCoy demanded.

"He's bigger than Winona or Amanda. I mean, he's got at least a pound and a half on 'em." Kirk said cheerfully. "Am I right?"

"He is heavier than Winona." Uhura said thoughtfully. "But not too heavy. I'm getting used to his weight."

Kirk laughed as McCoy shook his head. "Yeah, that happens." He pulled out his commuicator. "Beam us up!"

A few seconds later they appeared in the transporter room, Uhura's new friend hissing and baring his fangs. She calmed him down and smiled. "I have a name for him! His name's Shausiku."

McCoy and Kirk exchanged a look. Uhura rolled her eyes. "It's a Swahili name."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:22 pm

"That explains so much." Kirk laughs. "Well, let me get these programmed into the replicators and we can feed our growing group of minions."

"Shausiku is not a minion." Uhura points out.

"I'm not sure if I'd call any of them minions." McCoy grumbles. "Fine, whatever. Are you planning on informing Starfleet of our new additions?"

"Nope!" Kirk says cheerfully. "Not a chance."

Spock appears in the transporter room. Winona flits from his left shoulder to take up her perch on Kirk's shoulders. He grins at her. "Hey, lazy girl - finally decide to wake up, huh? Wanna meet our new friend?" He turns his attention to Spock. "So, what's going on?"

"We have a problem." Spock says flatly. "Let's discuss it in your quarters."
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:27 pm

The easy grin fades from Kirk's face as his back tightens. "Did something happen while I was gone?" he asked as he followed Spock down the hall.

Uhura looked over at McCoy as Spock and Kirk disappeared, and blinked. McCoy's face had tightened, his jaw clenching and unclenching. "McCoy? Is everything all right?" she asked quietly.

"I don't know, to be honest." McCoy said finally.

/---/

Kirk followed Spock into his quarters and sat down at the table. "What's going on?"

"The Admiral has contacted us again."

Those six words made Kirk freeze into place. "What?"

"He wants us to head for Starbase X-12."

"I've never heard of it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:31 pm

"It hasn't been built yet." Spock says. "All Starbases are given an X designation during construction. X-12 is scheduled to vanish from the records as soon as construction is completed. And Jim - that's not all." He hands Kirk the data pad. Kirk glances at the information. His knuckles turn white.

"He did this on purpose."

"Knowing we would seek to arm the Enterprise as well as possible." Spock confirms. "I believe I know what he wants from us."

"The same as Marcus." Kirk sighs. "He wants us to start his war."

"Precisely. Except this time he wants our cooperation. This way there is nothing we can say against him that will not also condemn us."

Kirk shakes his head. "Shit."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Spock allowed a small smile to cross his face. "My sentiments exactly."

Kirk reached up and stroked Winona's fur as he thought. "I don't like this. I don't like being backed into a corner with no way to fight our way out."

"Jim. Perhaps we don't have to fight our way out, as it were. We could, however, set a trap and let Admiral Sinclair expose himself." Spock said, head tilted to the side as he thought. "But that would require the cooperation of everyone on board this ship. And with all due respect, Jim, you need to tell them."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Kirk sighs. "Yeah, I know. I just really didn't want to involve them." He shakes his head. "Dammit."

"Stop blaming yourself." Spock says sharply. Amanda reaches up from the floor and tugs on his hand, cooing softly. He doesn't turn his attention away from Kirk. "You are not at fault here."

The captain smiles faintly. "Yeah, well, feels like it." he sighs. "Okay - let's take these cuties, get them some food, and clue the crew in on what's going on. Maybe we can sabotage this idiot."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Kirk pulled a couple of the fruits out of his pocket and handed one to Winona, and the other to Amanda. "I've already had McCoy program them into the replicator, so now we know that at least they won't starve."

Spock studied the fruit as Amanda ate it. "Fascinating. I'll want a closer look once they're in the replicator."

Kirk laughed as he walked out, Winona crunching on the fruit as he walked. "I'm not gonna lie, I kinda wanna try one, and see what it tastes like." There was a tiny fist shoved into his vision, and he leaned his head back to blink at it.

Winona had stopped eating, and torn a chunk off the fruit and was offering it to Kirk. Kirk gave her a small smile. "Nah, that one's yours. I'll try one later, and if I don't like it, I"ll give it to you, okay?"

Winona chirped once and went back to gnawing on the fruit.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Spock actually smiles at that. "They are very intelligent." he observes.

Kirk grins. "No kidding." They make it to the bridge. "Hey, looks like everyone I need to talk to is already here." he says dryly. "No stalling."

"Exactly." Spock says pointedly. He takes his place just behind and to Kirk's left, where he always stands. McCoy groans.

"Okay, what shit is about to hit the fan?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 pm

"Shut up, Bones." Kirk says with a grin, before it fades. "All right, so, there's something I need to tell you guys. Admiral Sinclair was working with Admiral Marcus. He wants us to start a war. As of right now, we're not certain with whom, or why, but if he has his way, we'll be the ones to start it for him."

There was silence on the bridge as everyone digested what Kirk was saying.

"Now, I don't know about you guys, but that's not what we do, and that's not who we are. So, Spock and I are working on a plan to trap him, but in order for it to work, we need everyone's cooperation, and input." Kirk paused. "I'm sorry I kept this from you guys, but at the time, I was doing what I thought was right.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Uhura waves him away. "You came to your senses." she says. "So - what do you want us to do?"

"Essentially - play dumb." Kirk says. "We need intel. We need to find a way to trap this guy basically admitting that he wants us to start his war. Something we can take to Starfleet and have him arrested."

"And if we have ze opportunity to do more than that?" Chekov asks.

Kirk grins. "Take it. And be on high alert - this starbase we're being sent to doesn't exist. If Sinclair wants to try something to us, this is his chance. Do not let your guard down."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Kirk turns to Sulu. "And speaking of that starbase - we need to start heading that way, or we'll tip him off we know something's up. Warp factor five, Sulu."

Uhura gave him a look. "What happens when we get there?"

"I don't know." Kirk admitted. "For all we know, there's nothing at those coordinates. However, if we don't follow through, he'll know we know something's up, and I want to avoid that for the time being."

Spock nodded. "We want to give him the illusion that he is in charge. We're looking for a weakness, or a chink we can use to turn the tables on him."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:45 pm

McCoy sighs. "Something tells me this is going to end with explosions. A lot of them."

"As long as it doesn't end with me having a date with a hypospray." Kirk says dryly. That makes Chekov and Sulu laugh. Kirk grins. Good. They don't need any more tension than necessary. "Mr. Sulu - what's our ETA?"

"Sixteen hours, sir."

"Not even a full day." Kirk sighs. "Well, that's something, at least."

Spock frowns. "I would prefer to have more time to prepare."

"Yeah, join the club." Kirk grumbles. "Let's just get there and get this done. I'm sick of random psychos picking my crew to screw with. 100 % done with it."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Uhura laughed. "It's all right, we're sick of random psychos using us as leverage against you. So we're all in the same boat."

Kirk grinned. "All right, well, I think we should rest up just in case. Sulu, Chekov, Uhura, I want you guys to go and get a few hours of shuteye. We all need to be in top shape when we arrive at that starbase."

Sulu gave him a look. "What about you, Captain?"

"Oh, I'm beat. Trust me, I'm gonna be crashing along with you guys." Kirk said with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm

"I will make sure of it." Spock says. Kirk gives him a dirty look, and Sulu cracks up laughing.

Kirk rolls his eyes. "All right - call in beta shift. Go get some rest, all of you."

Spock places a hand on Kirk's shoulder as the others clear out. They will wait until the beta shift pilot gets there before they leave. "You need rest as well." he says quietly.

"I know. I'm not arguing this time. I'm with Bones on this one - this is not going to end well."

"I dislike your gut reactions."

"Why is that?"

"They're usually right."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:55 pm

"They're not always bad things!" Kirk said with a small laugh.

"No, not always, but most of the time." Spock said dryly.

"Fair enough. You should get some shuteye, too, Spock. We both need to be wide awake for this." Kirk said quietly.

"I was intending to meditate." Spock said with a small smile. "As a Vulcan, I need less sleep than humans do."

"Just humor me." Kirk said dryly.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 pm

"I believe I should have enough time to do both." Spock assures him. The beta shift arrives and Kirk and Spock leave. Spock walks right beside Kirk. "Chekov may be right. We may be forced to take drastic action."

"I'm aware of it, but what am I supposed to do? I can't disobey Sinclair's orders, he'll take it out on the crew." Kirk sighs. "We just have to play the game for a while longer." They make it to Spock's quarters. "Make sure you actually sleep with all that meditating."

A small smile quirks Spock's lips. 'Yes, Captain."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Kirk grins and reaches up to pat Amanda's head. "Good night, Spock, Amanda. See you in about six hours or so." With a small grin and a wave, he walks off, his head leaning very slightly against Winona's side as she dozes. He can hear the doors to Spock's quarters hiss closed as the Vulcan disappears inside.

Now that he's left alone, Kirk sighs. He'd been hoping to keep from having to tell his crew what Sinclair was up to, but Sinclair had forced his hand. He reached his quarters and gave himself a brief shake. He carefully reached up and lifted Winona, and set her gently on his pillow before heading to his computer, and beginning to type.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:08 pm

In his own quarters, Spock meditates with Amanda curled up in his lap, munching on a piece of fruit from the replicator. Spock strokes her fur absently while he concentrates on finding inner calm.

With Sinclair in the picture, that has been harder to do lately. Amanda's warmth helps center him. He finds it soothing.

He soon falls asleep sitting up, leaning against the wall with his chin resting on his chest. Amanda coos up at him and leans against his side, lending him her warmth.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 pm

About six hours later, Spock is walking down the hall towards the Captain's room. He reaches the doors, and they hiss open. He walks in and blinks. The bed itself is empty, but at the desk is Kirk, arms pillowing his head as he sleeps in front of the computer, Winona draped across his legs.

Winona chirps at him in greeting before laying her head back down and closing her eyes.

Spock allowed a small smile to cross his face before he reached out and gently shook Kirk. "Captain. It is time to get up."

Kirk stirred briefly, just shifting in his seat and turning his head the other way. Spock spoke a bit louder. "Captain. Time to wake up."

There was a muffled groan from where Kirk had buried his head in his arms. "No. Go away, I'm comfy."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Spock lets out a huff of air that might be a laugh and nudges Kirk again. "I know you're awake. It's time to return to the bridge."

"Winona, sic him."

"I think Winona likes me too much to do that. Besides, she knows I'm right."

"Traitor. Both of you." Kirk finally sits up and yawns. "Okay, I'm up. Sort of."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Spock smiles. "Come on, Jim. Let's get to the bridge."

"You go ahead. I'm gonna detour to the mess hall - I need caffeine. I'll meet you there." Kirk stood, and cracked his back before following Spock out the door.

"Very well." Spock turns to the right, towards the bridge while Kirk goes left and heads to the mess hall. He doesn't stay long, they're due at the starbase in less than an hour, but he makes sure no one needs him before he heads to the bridge.

"Keptin on ze bridge!"

"Thank you, Chekov. Sulu, what's our ETA?"

"Half an hour, sir."

Kirk walks over to Spock's station and sets a french vanilla coffee down in front of the Vulcan. "I figured I'd grab one for you too. You look as tired as I feel."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 pm

"Thank you." Spock takes a drink of the coffee. Amanda tries to take the cup from him. "I do not believe you need the caffeine." he says dryly. "Go harass Jim. He might give you some of his."

"Heck no." Kirk laughs. "I'm drinking all of mine." He turns to Uhura. "I'm going to need you to stay on the Enterprise for this one."

"Why?" Uhura arches an eyebrow. "I can defend myself."

"I know, but we're gonna need you if we have to send the SOS to Starfleet." Kirk says. "That and someone needs to look out for Winona and Amanda, and they actually like you."

Uhura sighs. "You're lucky I like you."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Kirk paused and gave Spock a wide grin. "Hey! You actually called me by my name on the bridge! You only ever do that if we're alone or playing chess! Does this mean that this is gonna be a thing?"

Spock laughed and waved Amanda away from his coffee again. "I'm afraid not, Captain." he said, ignoring the disappointed 'aw' Kirk made.

"Well, rats." Kirk said, grinning when Amanda made a third go for Spock's cup. "Just give her some. That's what I did to Winona. She didn't care for it too much."

"Yes, but you like yours a bit more bitter than I do mine." Spock pointed out.

"Just because you like a little coffee with your creamer -"

"Uh, guys? Not to interrupt the less than witty banter you two have, but we're coming up on the starbase." Sulu said, his voice going tense.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 pm

That gets their attention, and Amanda takes the opportunity to sneak a drink of Spock's coffee. Spock notes with distant amusement that it's not unlike his reaction to tasting human beer (McCoy still likes to bring that up).

Kirk only pays half-attention to the exchange. He watches the half-completed starbase fill the viewscreen. "It's huge." he murmurs. "That's gotta be, what, twice the size of a normal starbase?"

"2.3, to be exact." Spock says quietly. "Possibly 2.5 by the time construction is complete."

"Wow."

"So who is coming with us to see the Admiral?" Spock asks.

"Initially, no one." Kirk says tightly. "Let's find out what the asshole wants before we get too many of us in the line of fire."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Kirk glanced sideways at Spock before sighing. "Spock, with me. Sulu, you've got the conn. If we're not back in an hour, or you haven't heard from us in that time, get out of here. I mean it, Sulu."

"Yes sir." Sulu nods once before standing up. "But with all due respect, if getting out of here means that we have to leave you behind, I think it's pretty safe to say that I'd rather stay and get you out."

"If you think you can, go for it. But play it safe - I don't want you guys hurt trying to get us out. We'll get out on our own. Save yourself and the crew first. They're your priority." Kirk said with a small grin. "Good luck, guys. See you soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next