A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Star Trek 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:05 pm

"No offense, Rem, cuz I love ya to death, but - "

"I know, I know - you hate this medbay." Rem offers a faint smile. "Go, get. Your next appointment had better be on the Avenger, not here!"

"Oi! I can stay out of trouble, you know. I'm capable of it."

Serron pinches the bridge of his nose. "You want a list of times that was not true?"

Kara blinks. "You're keeping track?"

"Yes."

"It's okay." Kirk says with a grin. "Spock does it to me."

At that moment, an ensign walks into the medbay. "Captain, Commander - we have a problem." she says. That gets everyone's attention, but Kara and Serron exchange looks and suddenly become professionals. "These are the reports from the Avenger's computer systems for the past 24 hours."

Kara looks them over. "What the hell?" She returns her attention to the ensign. "Who has had access to this?"

"Just the mechanics."

"For the love of - I'll handle this." She stalks off from the medbay. The ensign looks at Serron. He dismisses her with a wave.

"Our engineer is currently indisposed." he explains. "Apparently, his replacements are not up to his standard. Kara hates them."
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Kirk looks over at Serron. "Would you like to borrow our chief engineer? Scotty's really good at what he does, not to mention, I'm willing to bet that he's going a little stir-crazy with nothing to tinker with."

Serron stared at Kirk. "Are you referring to Montgomery Scott?"

"Yep." Kirk gives him a slightly crooked grin. "Scotty's been a god-send for us."

"We could use him." Serron typed his code into his communicator. "Kara?"

"Yeah?"

"Jim has offered to let us use his chief engineer, if you are willing."

"Depends on who it is."

"Montgomery Scott."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:50 pm

There's a long pause. "Seriously, Jim, how do you wind up with that many brilliant minds on one ship?" She doesn't give Kirk a chance to respond. "Yeah, send him over to slip 9. Looks like our friend is back again, Serron."

Serron's eyes narrow. "That means he must be part of the ship."

"Yep. Probably one of the newbies we picked up in the Nephats system."

"Kara. Once you fix the issues, find this individual."

"Can I throw him out of an airlock?"

"Don't tell me about it."

"Awesome." The call is terminated. Serron looks up at the ceiling for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Kirk flips open his communicator. "Scotty?"

"Aye, laddie?"

"I need you to head over to dock 9. There's a ship there that's having trouble with her engines. It's the Avenger." Kirk says, glancing at Serron for confirmation.

"What's wrong with her engines?"

"You'd better ask Commander Emberlynn. She'll let you know what needs to be worked on." Kirk says, grinning when he heard the doors to Scotty's room open.

The grin in Scotty's voice is clear. "I'll be right there." he cut the transmission and Kirk laughs.

"Well, your ship's gonna be in good hands." Kirk says cheerfully. He turns to Spock.

"Do you think it'd be possible to trace who did it through the logs?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Spock nods. "Most likely, unless the individual possesses the forethought to erase his presence from the logs. However, that would require a certain type of training, and that would diminish the number of suspects greatly."

Serron shakes his head. "It's been tried. It's not just the logs that are erased, it's the security footage as well. All the files are expertly corrupted, and nothing in the records of our new recruits suggests this kind of training. In fact, there are only two people on board our ship that are capable of it - our communications officer and our engineer."

"And both are unlikely suspects." Spock agrees.

Kirk sighs. "Well, there must be something."

------/

Scotty meets Kara near slip 9. "You must be Commander Emberlynn." he says. Kara nods.

"Just call me Kara." she says. They enter the Avenger and head down to the engineering decks, Kara listing the discrepancies along the way. Scotty nods. Kara glances at him. "Think you can help?"

"Aye. I can help."

"Good. Cuz - "

Phaser fire cuts her off. She shoves Scotty out of the way and draws her own phaser.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Kirk's eyes widen. "I've had training in computer programming and engineering. I think I can fix the corruption in the files." he smacks his forehead. "Can you get me the files?"

"I can. If you would - " Serron stiffens. "Kara's being attacked."

Kirk and Spock exchange looks as Serron bolts from the room before taking off after the older Vulcan. Spock glances at Kirk. "I want you to hang back, just in case."

"Oh, hell no."

"Captain - we do not know who it is."

"I don't care. I'm going with you." The sound of phaser fire gets louder as they approach slip 9. They can hear Kara yelling insults at her attacker, some of them sounding vaguely Romulan in origin.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Kirk glances at Serron. "She knows Romulan?"

"Only a little." Serron draws his phaser. The engineering deck is like a maze, and unfortunately it's laid out differently than the Enterprise. Kirk and Spock have no choice but to follow Serron. Suddenly the Vulcan curses. "Damn it, Kara, where are you?"

More phaser fire. "You can't hit the broadside of a barn!" Kara yells. "What are you aiming at! It's not me!" Suddenly she yelps. Serron flinches. "Lucky shot, you ass!"

Footsteps echo around them. "Upper level!" Serron calls out. Kara curses and drags Scotty to a better sheltered location. Kirk is about to point out that Scotty can fight when he hears his engineer curse. More phaser fire, and suddenly whoever is in the upper levels starts cursing up a storm.

"Thanks, Scotty!" Kirk calls out.

"Take that, you asshole!" Scotty yells. "Damage this beautiful engine!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Kara bursts out laughing. "I see where your priorities lie!"

Another round of phaser fire, and the assailant drops from the upper levels to crash down in front of Kara. Scotty puts his phaser away and gives the ensign a disgusted look before stalking off to check on the damage to the engine. Kara laughs at him before turning her attention to the ensign.

"So, it was one of our newbies." she announces as Serron and the others run up. Serron performs a standard check on her and she bats him away. "I'm fine - it's just a scrape."

Kirk looks around. "Scotty?"

"Aye?"

"Are you hurt?"

"Nah - that bastard never touched me, though that's largely thanks to the lassie over there." he says, pointing a wrench in her direction. "Appreciate it, lass."

Kara grins and bows before hefting the ensign. "Anytime, Scotty. If you'll excuse me - I have something to take care of."

Serron clears his throat. "No, Kara."

"But you said - "

"I said no."

"Aw, man."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:34 pm

"Kara -" He cuts himself off. "That is not a scrape." Without another word he takes the ensign from her. "Medbay. Now."

Kara crosses her arms over her chest. "No. I'm fine."

Serron is gritting his teeth. Kirk can tell from days of pissing Spock off. The two simultaneously take a step back. "You are bleeding." he points out. Kara just shrugs. Serron sighs. "What is it going to take - "

"Let me shove him out of an airlock?"

"If you do not go to medbay, I will carry you there."

Kara's eyes narrow. "Like hell you will."

Serron arches an eyebrow. He sets the unconscious ensign down on the ground. Kara makes to run, but she doesn't get very far before he snags her by her uninjured arm and slings her over his shoulder. Kara groans. "Dammit."

"You were saying?"

"I sort of hate you right now."

"But only for the moment."

With that, Spock and Kirk watch as Serron carries Kara out of the engineering deck and possibly to medbay. Spock glances at Kirk. "I think we have witnessed our future." he says dryly.

Kirk laughs. "You have never carried me to medbay."

"I believe it is only a matter of time."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 pm

They both turn when they hear someone call Kirk's name, and see Doctor Clark run up. Kirk's eyebrows raise. "Clark? Is everything okay?"

Clark nods. "Yes. I was wondering if you would be able to gather your crew. I wanted to do a group assessment."

"I can. However, Ensign Sulu won't be joining us - his leg is hurt." Kirk says, with a small shrug.

"That's fine. I can give him the assessment later. But I need everyone else in my office in five minutes, please."

"Does that include McCoy?" Kirk asks, sighing quietly when Clark nods. "All right. We'll be there." After Clark walks away, Kirk sighs.

"Spock, go gather the crew, have them meet me and McCoy at Clark's office. I have to go drag the man out of his medbay, assuming he hasn't battened down the hatches and locked me out."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Spock nods and proceeds to find the crew. He passes Serron and Kara. Serron simply nods to him as he goes. He can faintly hear them talking.

"You can put me down, you overprotective - "

"Someone has to be. You would probably die otherwise."

"I would not!"

Spock has to suppress the urge to laugh as the voices fade away. That is far too reminiscent of his own conversations with Kirk. He finds Sulu's room and knocks.

"Come in!" Chekov's voice calls out.

Spock enters the room. Chekov and Sulu are curled up on the bed, Sulu's injured leg propped up while Chekov cuddles into his side. They make a cute sight. Spock folds his hands behind his back. "I apologize for interrupting, but Doctor Clark wants a group assessment. Mr. Sulu has been given a reprieve, but the rest of us have not."

Chekov scowls. "Vy is the vorld out to get us?"

"When you figure that out," Spock says dryly, "let me know."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:02 am

Kirk was halfway down the hall from the medbay when he heard McCoy swearing. He cautiously pokes his head into the room, and a grin crosses his face as he realizes that McCoy's yelling at Kara.

"You idiot! I swear, you and Jim both are bound and determined to give me grey hair!"

Kara, for her part, didn't even blink. "I'm a little surprised you're here instead of Rem." she comments lightly, a grin beginning to cross her face.

McCoy huffs. "I told her to go and take a nap - she's been here since I got here, and she was running herself ragged."

Kara blinks. "She listened to you?"

McCoy snorts. "Not initially. It took me telling her that she wouldn't be able to treat you guys right if she was practically falling asleep on you guys. She went, but not without a bit of grumbling, and a Vulcan nerve pinch to put me in my place."

"Did it work?"

"Not remotely. If she thinks that's gonna keep me from kicking her out when she needs it, she's got another thing coming." McCoy said cheerfully.

Kirk grins as he leans against the wall. "Aw, making friends, Bones?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Chekov extracts himself from Sulu, with much protesting from the helmsman. Spock almost smiles. "I promise, Mr. Sulu, I will return Mr. Chekov to you in perfect condition." he says. Sulu brightens considerably. Chekov just laughs and follows Spock down the hall.

"Never let it be said zat you don't know how to tease." he says.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Spock says easily. They direct the rest of the crew to Dr. Clark's office. Spock takes a detour to medbay. He has a feeling Kirk will need help prying McCoy away from his domain.

((The post sucks, but it's up! *laughs*))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:45 pm

"Shut it. What are you doing here, anyway?" McCoy asks, glancing sideways at Kirk. "You never come to the medbay unless you want something."

Kirk gives him a grin. "As a matter of fact - "

"Don't. Let me guess. That idiot shrink wants to see me." McCoy says as he applies an antibiotic cream on Kara's phaser wound.

"Not just you. The entire crew."

"Tough. I'm not going, and you can't make me." McCoy says, finishing up his work on Kara. He gives her a look. "Now, I want you to go and rest. I don't want Serron in here after my blood because you went and did something stupid and hurt yourself worse."

Kara hops down from the table. "If I do hurt myself worse, he won't be after you." she says cheerfully. "Thanks, Bones!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:02 pm

McCoy scowls at her. "It's Dr. McCoy. Leonard if you insist. Not Bones. Only this tard gets away with that." he says, jerking his thumb at Kirk.

Spock blinks. "Tard?"

Kirk pinches the bridge of his nose while Kara grins. "Trust me, Spock - that's one pet name I hope you never pick up."

"It's not very nice." Kara says with an easy grin. "Okay, peeps - I am off, before the shrink finds out. Laters!" And with that she leaves the medbay.

Spock looks from the door to Kirk. "Are you sure you do not have a sister?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:39 pm

Kirk laughs. "I'm pretty damned positive. Mom and Dad met at the Academy during their first year and married their second. They were inseparable, so yeah, I don't have any sisters."

"Interesting. I only ask because the two of you are very similar."

"In personality, yeah, looks, not so much." Kirk says with a grin. "I have no problems calling her my sister, though. I'm fond of her."

"I'm sure the sentiment is returned." Spock says, with a small smile. "Now, I imagine Mr. Clark is waiting on us."

"I ain't going." McCoy says, crossing his arms. "I don't have to."

"You kind of do, Bones." Kirk says easily. "The only reason Sulu got out of it is because he's hurt."

"Oh, look at that, my knee seems to be giving me problems." McCoy says, feigning a limp. "I can't make it - doctor's orders."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:08 am

Spock doesn't quite roll his eyes, but Kirk can tell he wants to. "Doctor - I will carry you if I must."

McCoy freezes. "You wouldn't dare."

"If I have to suffer with this indignity, so do you. If only to keep the focus off of myself."

"Has anyone told you you're an asshole today?"

"Considering that I have not spoken to you until now, no."

By this point, Kirk is leaning against the wall laughing hysterically.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:13 am

Kirk pulls out his communicator and hails Clark. He steps out into the hall to talk to him without laughing. "Hey, Clark? I think Spock and I are going to be late - we're having to force McCoy out of the medbay."

"That's fine. I can start the exercise without you. I'll see you in a bit."

The medbay doors hiss open and Spock appears, completely stone-faced, carrying an extremely pissed off McCoy over his shoulder. "I believe we have an exercise to go to."

Kirk wisely chooses not to say anything. "Scratch that, we're on the way." he closes the communicator and takes a moment to stare, his mouth starting to twitch. "So, uh, we should go, huh?"

"PUT ME DOWN, YOU GODDAMNED GREEN-BLOODED HOBGOBLIN!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:17 am

"No."

"Dammit, if you don't put me down - "

"Be careful what you say next. You may know anatomy, but I know the ship and where you sleep."

"What the hell does that mean!"

The entire time Kirk keeps one hand pressed over his mouth, hiding his laughter as they walk down the halls. They make it to Clark's office. The entire crew says nothing about the fact that Spock is carrying McCoy, but Clark notices. He groans. "Oh, hell, what am I dealing with this time?"

And Kirk bursts out laughing.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 am

Kirk actually collapses against the door, his laughter robbing him of the ability to speak. Uhura grins at Spock. "So, what's it like having that 'legendary' ass next to your face?"

Spock raises an eyebrow. "It depends. Are we talking about his rear, or his personality?"

"HEY! I'M RIGHT HERE! NOW, PUT ME DOWN, OR SO HELP ME, I'LL END ALL OF YOU!"

Clark looks a little uncertain as he glances at Kirk, still laughing so hard he's crying. "Um, Commander, if you could put Doctor McCoy down, we can begin."

Kirk stops laughing long enough to grin at Clark. "You might wanna make sure that door is locked. He'll try to escape."

"Then he will end up over my shoulder again." Spock says smoothly. "He isn't heavy."

"Frag all of you. Frag you all with the sharp end of a rake." McCoy growls.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:29 am

"I would rather not. That sounds painful." Spock deadpans - which sets off Kirk and Uhura this time. Spock sets McCoy down, who merely crosses his arms and glares at all of them.

"Fine. Humiliate me why don't you?"

"You're the one who challenged ze Wulcan." Chekov says with a grin. "Ve told you zat vas stupid."

"Shut up. No one asked you."

Kirk and Uhura finally get themselves under control. "Doctor Clark - we may begin. Before they make me laugh." Kirk says with an easy grin.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:35 am

Clark nods, still looking a little lost. "Before we do, is this how you guys usually are?"

"Pretty much. Though Spock carrying Bones through the halls was a new one." Kirk says with a wide grin. "I really wish I'd gotten a picture. That was great."

Before Clark can reply, the doors hiss open and allow Kara and Serron in. Kara gives Kirk an easy grin. "I heard Leo got VIP treatment and was carried through the halls on Spock's shoulder."

Kirk snickers. "You heard right. Seriously, you should have seen it."

Uhura grins. "We discovered that McCoy has a nice ass. Not so nice a personality, but the nice ass kind of outweighs that."

"That's it. I'm out of here." McCoy takes two steps for the door, and Spock steps in front of him, eyebrow raised. McCoy doesn't even flinch.

"Get out of my way. I have no reason to be here, and I have things to do."

"As do I. However, if I am to endure this, so will you. I will not suffer alone."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:40 am

Clark throws his hands up in the air in a most unprofessional manner. "Come on, guys, I'm not that bad - "

Before he can continue his rant, the red alarms go off.

Kara, Serron, Kirk, and Spock all exchange looks. Kirk quickly starts barking orders, getting the entire crew moving. McCoy takes off down the hall, practically racing to medbay. Kirk makes a note as most of his crew automatically head out to find the starbase equivalent of their battle stations on the Enterprise.

It makes him proud.

Soon only the commanding officers and Clark are in the room. Clark turns to Kirk. "What would you have me do?"

"Stay here." Serron says. He turns his attention to Kirk. "We know this base best. This office is safe enough unless we are invaded. Doctor Clark will be fine here."

Kirk nods. "Okay. Lead the way - show us where we can do the most good."

Kara makes a follow motion, and the four of them leave.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:47 am

As they sprint down the hall, they run into Spock and Kirk Prime. Both look at Kirk. "What would you have us do?" Spock Prime asks.

Kirk glances at Spock before turning his attention back to the older. "I'd tell you to go to the office and wait this out, but that would be a waste of time. So, follow us. Kara and Serron know where we're headed."

Over the intercom, Davidson's voice rings out. "Captains Kirk and Serron, report to your ships. Your crews have been re-directed. We're taking fire, and we don't have the capabilities your ships do."

"Welp, that answers that question." Kirk says. He pulls out his communicator as Serron does the same. "Scotty, bring us home. We have an outpost to defend."

"Lockin' on to yer coordinates now, laddie."

Kirk gives Kara a grin and Serron the Vulcan salute. "See you guys in a bit."

Kara grins. "Yep. Let's kick ass and take names!"

Kirk laughs. "Energize!" They appear in the transporter room, and sprint for the bridge. Sulu's sitting at his post, his fingers a blur over the keyboard. "Ready for takeoff."

"Punch it. Let's blow these assholes to hell."

Last edited by Kirk on Tue May 06, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:51 am

Kirk and Spock Prime take positions shadowing their younger counterparts, occasionally exchanging glances, and Kirk spares a moment to wonder if they're communicating through a bond. He shakes the thought away as the Enterprise and the Avenger join forces against -

"What the hell?" he demands. "Romulans?"

"I was not aware they were unfriendly." Spock murmurs, taking position behind Kirk's chair. "Besides Nero."

"They always were for us." Kirk Prime says. "Interesting people, but they really didn't like the Federation."

Kirk nods. "Uhura, hail the Avenger. Let's see if they know anything about this."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next