A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Star Trek 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:58 am

Before she could open a channel, the Romulans opened a channel. "We want Kara back. You stole her from us, and we want our property back."

Kirk and Spock exchanged a long look. Kirk opened a private comm line to Serron. "Serron, if you guys want to lay low and let us take care of this, we can."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:01 am

Serron glances back at Kara. She's ramrod-stiff beside him, face as blank as any Vulcans', but there is a fury burning in her eyes. He shakes his head. "Negative, Jim. Backing down is not an option."

"I know him." Kara says suddenly. "That's Ta'iv. He was my handler back then."

"Knowing his name isn't going to help any." Kirk reminds them.
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 am

Kara gives him a sharp smile. "Sure it will. It'll give me a damn good reason to blow his ass to kingdom come. Kirk, let us handle his ship. You guys can take care of his backup, right?"

Kirk nods. "We can. Be careful guys."

Serron nodded and cut the transmission. Kirk glances over at Spock. "I think it's safe to say that Kara and Serron will take care of that asshole. Let's wipe the floor with their friends, yeah?"

"Indeed." There was ice in that one word. Kirk nodded to Sulu and Chekov.

"Get us in range. Let's show these bastards what happens when they try to take one of ours."

"Yes, Keptin!" Chekov says, his fingers moving across the board. Sulu nods once, the Enterprise moving away from the lead ship and streaking for the oncoming Romulan ships.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:12 am

Serron's ship works the first Romulan warbird, trading phaser fire before the warbird lands a direct hit on the Avenger. Kara whips around. "Status!"

"No damage - all the shields are holding!" their science officer says. "We can't take any more hits like that, though. That was close."

"Then let us end this." Serron says tightly. "Arm the photon torpedoes."

"Arming torpedoes." the helmsman says. A pause. "Weapons armed."

Kara nods. "Fire."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:19 am

The Enterprise and one of the other Romulan warbirds exchange fire. Kirk grips the arms of his chair to keep from being thrown out of it. "Scotty! Status!"

"We're fine down here, Captain! But don't let us take another hit like that, it'll overload our warp core!"

"Noted. Kirk out." Kirk cuts the transmission and shoots Spock a look before turning to Chekov. "Get those torpedoes ready. We're gonna blow them straight to hell."

Chekov nods. "Photon or nuclear?"

"Photon for now. I don't think we'll need the nukes just yet." Kirk says dryly. His eyes widen. "Evasive manuevers! Don't let those torpedoes hit us! Punch it!"

Spock turns to him. "They're heat seeking. They'll hit us regardless."

Kirk nods. "Spock, shields to full - if we're gonna take damage, we have to minimize it."

"Done."

"Brace yourselves!" The Enterprise shudders as the barrage of torpedoes hit along her side.

"Damage report!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:24 am

"The Enterprise is taking heavy damage." the science officer reports.

"How bad is it?" Kara demands. She's gripping the back of Serron's chair to keep her footing as they pull some serious evasive maneuvers. Serron reaches up and keeps a tight grip on her wrist.

"Not critical. They can't take a hit like that again."

Serron turns his attention to the helmsman and navigator. "Get rid of Ta'iv." he says, voice dark. "We must assist the other ship."

"Aye, Captain."

There are a few more shots fired, and the warbird explodes into fragments in space. The communications officer automatically opens a line with the Enterprise. Serron speaks. "Jim, we are coming your way. Please do not shoot us by accident."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 am

Kirk allows a tight laugh to escape. "We'll do our best. No promises though." he turns to Chekov. "Fire those torpedoes and let those bastards burn."

"Incoming missiles!"

"Evade!"

Spock's fingers fly over the terminal as he and Sulu manuever the ship out of the way of the missiles.

Chekov goes pale. "Keptin - they're using nuclear warheads!"

Kirk turns to the comm. "You hear that, Serron?"

"Yes. I've transmitted the information to Davidson. He assures me that the base can handle a nuclear strike." There's a pause. "Fire! Destroy those missiles!" Serron barks. As the missiles pass the Avenger, they fire, hitting the missiles and detonating them before they reach their target.

"Good. Chekov, fire everything we've got! Photon and phasers!"

"Aye!" They watch as the missiles and phaser blasts head for the warbird, fire from the Avenger also coming into view.

The warbird is vaporized. Kirk relaxes slightly. "Thanks for the assist, Serron, Kara. You saved our hides.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:37 am

Serron nods. "We should return to the base. Unfortunately, these will not be the last Romulans we will likely face." With that he terminates the connection.

Kara sighs. "We're going to have to leave, aren't we?"

"Most likely." Serron slides his fingers across hers in a Vulcan kiss before releasing her wrist. "I have told you once, and I will say it again - you are safe here."

She smiles. "I can take care of myself." she says smartly. "Thank you, though."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue May 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Kirk turns to Spock once Serron cuts the transmission. "I get the feeling we'll be seeing the Romulans again." he said quietly. "

Spock nods. "I get the feeling that Ta'iv will not be the only one interested in capturing Kara." he says just as quietly. "If they are willing to attack a Federation starbase, she is important enough to them to start a war."

Kirk sighs. "I hate to do this, but we need to sit down with Serron and Kara and find out what's going on. I like them, and I'm not gonna let the Romulans take her without a fight."

(le shitty post is up! *cheerful grin*)
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Fri May 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Kara crouches down next to the captain's chair, lowering her voice so the others won't overhear. "What are we going to do?" she asks. "We can't drag everyone into this mess."

"We may not have a choice." Serron replies just as quietly. "You know as well as I that they won't let us just leave."

"We can try." Kara retorts. "We can't drag the crew into this, Serron. We just can't."

"And Jim and Spock? Do you believe they will not involve themselves as well?"

Kara lets her head fall to the arm of the chair with a solid thunk. "Shit."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Spock leaves his station and walks over to where Kirk is sitting with his eyes closed. "Captain, I feel we need to speak with Serron and Kara about the events that just transpired. We are missing a vital part of the story."

"I know. I'm trying to figure out how to phrase it so that they don't feel like I'm forcing them to tell us." Kirk says, opening his eyes to look at Spock. "Any suggestions?"

"Just tell them that we need to hear the full story if we are to aid them in any way. Kara and Serron can only tell us no." Spock suggests.

(Oh, lord this is crappy, but it's up! *grins*)
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Jim stares at him. "I've pissed a Vulcan off before, Spock. I'd rather not repeat the experience."

Spock merely arches an eyebrow. "I highly doubt you will 'piss of' Serron. That was a unique circumstance." He lowers his voice. "Besides, I will not let him hurt you."

"That actually makes me feel better. I can handle myself, but geez, you guys are strong." He flicks on the communications between their ships. "Serron, Kara, we need to talk."

On the Avenger, Serron and Kara exchange looks. Serron arches an eyebrow as if to say I told you so. Kara groans. Serron flicks on his own communications. "Of course. We'll be docking with the station shortly."

"Serron!" Kara hisses. She grips the armrest convulsively.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Serron lays a hand on Kara's wrist. "Kara, they only want to help."

"This isn't anything they can help with."

"Somehow, I suspect that they'll surprise you." Serron says quietly, watching the Enterprise limp her way back to base.

--/

Kirk sighs. "Well, at least they've agreed to talk."

"Yes. I would suggest finding somewhere secluded to talk. Serron mentioned earlier that he wouldn't talk about it in an unsecured location." Spock said, clasping his hands behind his back.

"I think I can talk Davidson into letting us borrow his office for a while." Kirk muses.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Ultimately they find themselves in Davidson's office. The admiral is elsewhere, allowing them their privacy. Serron leans against the wall, the picture of calm. Kara, on the other hand, looks like she's ready to crawl out of her skin. Kirk wisely keeps his distance. "So - will you tell us what's going on?"

Serron looks to Kara. "It is your story." he says quietly. Kara just groans.

"Okay, so - what do you know about my past?" she asks. "Anything?" Spock and Kirk exchange looks. Kirk shakes his head. Kara sighs. "Okay that makes this easier. I used to serve as Commander under the Captain of the USS Eisenhower. About three years into my stint, the captain decided to get involved in some pretty illegal stuff. I found out about it. I was prepared to confront him about it, but well," She rubs her arm and looks away.

Spock leans forward. "We will not judge you." he says quietly.

Kara glares at him. "He sold me to a group of Orion slave traders he was dealing with." she says finally. "I got traded back and forth for a while and eventually wound up getting bought by the Romulans."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Kirk leans back and frowns. "The Eisenhower. Where have I heard that before?" he muses to himself. Spock glances over at him.

"That is the ship that Admiral Komack captained until about two years ago." he answers. He turns to Kara. "Komack was your captain?"

Kara switches her glare to the floor. "Yeah. I was gonna confront him, not turn him in. That's the thing. I'm no snitch. He'd have gotten caught on his own - but I wouldn't have been the one to turn him in."

Kirk continues to frown thoughtfully. Spock raises an eyebrow at him. "What are you thinking, Captain?"

"Well, Komack's an admiral, right? Well, I happen to know a couple of admirals who wouldn't mind making Komack's life seriously uncomfortable. Besides that, I just happen to be the son of George Kirk. I suspect if I was loud enough, I could get some attention, and direct that at Komack." A faintly evil grin crossed his face. "I'm all for revenge."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Serron offers a faint smile. "I find this plan exceedingly logical."

"Which is Serron-speak for you have his approval and whatever the hell else you need him for." Kara grumbles. She sighs. "Look, Komak isn't the problem. It's the Romulans. They had me for a long time, and they don't like giving up their playthings." She levels them with a serious look. "They will be back."

"And when they come, we'll kick their asses again." Kirk retorts. "And then we'll throw Komak at them. He shouldn't get away with what he did."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Spock gives Kara a small smile. "You will have all the power and resources the Enterprise can give you. But you must let us help. I understand you want to handle this on your own. I suspect that if given the choice, you would not have involved us, or Serron if possible."

Kara huffs and doesn't answer, though there's a tiny smile twitching the corners of her mouth.

Spock nods. "I thought so. However, Serron is your mate, and Jim and I are your friends. Therefore, it is only logical that we help."

Kirk grins outright. "Basically, friends are a pain in the ass, and you're stuck with us whether you like it or not."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Kirk frowns. "How did Serron get involved anyway?"

"The Avenger was sent to investigate the Romulans involved in the slave trade." Serron says quietly. "We got the opportunity to take out one of their transport ships. Before we could board, they killed all the slaves in retaliation - except for Kara. She survived."

Kara grins, but there is no humor in it. "Though I walk to the valley in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother in the valley." she says blandly. Serron actually chuckles at that.

"I never contested the truth in that." he says mildly. "Especially after what happened with Hutch."

"Hutch got what he deserved." Kara retorts.

Kirk blinks. "There's a story there, but you're distracting me. Will you let us help you?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:21 am

Kara merely sighs. "If I say no, you'll try to help anyway, won't you?"

Kirk gives her a cheerful grin. "Yup!"

"Fine. If only so I can try to keep an eye on you in case you do something reckless." Kara says on another sigh.

"Yes, because you are the epitome of self control." Serron says dryly. "You are just as reckless as Kirk is, if not more so."

"Hey!" Kirk protests. "I am not reckless."

Serron raises a skeptical eyebrow. "Perhaps Spock would like to refute that statement?"

"Not if he wants to see me naked in the next few days." Kirk says cheerfully.

Spock's hand came up to cover his face while Kara bursts out laughing.

((Behold! Le crappy 1:30 in the morning post!))
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:28 am

((why are you posting at 1:30 in the morning?! *laughs* Not that my 8:30 post will be much better))

Serron watches with interest as Spock's ears turn green. He glances at Kirk. "You seem entirely too pleased with yourself."

Kirk grins. "Yep. It's not often I can get that reaction." He puts his arm around Spock's waist. "I'm teasing you, babe. Mostly. It wouldn't be more than one day."

"Because that's a punishment to you as well?" Kara muses. Now it's Kirk's turn to blush, but he grins at her anyway. Kara grins back. "Moving on to more important things, you realize they're calling a meeting of the admirals to best decide how to deal with this situation? Komack will be there."

Spock finally lowers his hand, looking much more composed. "How did the admiral explain your disappearance? There should have been an investigation."

In an uncharacteristic display of anger, Serron's fist clenches. "If you look at Kara's record, you will find an award for outstanding bravery in the face of immediate danger. The reasoning in the paperwork is that she sold herself to the slavers to protect her ship. According to Komack's report, they were under attack and Kara gave herself up to keep them from killing the crew."

Spock nods. "And the reality?"

"I had no idea what was happening until we beamed aboard their ship and I was surrounded. They paid a pretty high price for me." Kara's voice is completely flat, enough to do a Vulcan proud.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Kirk's communicator beeps. He frowns slightly as he pulls it out, then starts grinning. "Well, the meeting for the Admiralty is under way, and guess who is giving me periodic updates on how it's going?"

Kara leans over and reads over Kirk's shoulder. "Ah, I was not aware Pike had been made an admiral. When did that happen?"

Kirk grins at her. "After the incident with Nero." The grin fades a little at the next message. "The downside to all of this is that once it starts, there are gonna be one on one interviews with all of us. Mostly it'll be you and Serron, but they'll question Spock and myself as well, if only to find out just how much we know."

Kara sighs. "You don't have to - "

"If you tell us we don't have to do this, I'll hit you, and it'll hurt." Kirk says with a faint grin. "We're doing this because we want to, and because you're our friend."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:25 am

Kara frowns. "How did they learn about that so quickly?"

Kirk shrugs. "I might have let it slip that Komack knew more about the attack than he was letting on." he says with an easy grin. "I didn't say anything specific because it's not my story to tell."

Kara bites her lip. "Look, there's not much in this universe that scares me, but Komack does."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Kirk gives her an even look. "Komack won't touch you. And if he does, I pity the poor bastard because I know for a fact that Serron will rip him limb from limb. I'm not psychic and I know this. Because I want to rip him limb from limb. If he does come for you, and manages to get through Serron, he will have to go through me, and then Spock to even touch you. And let's face it, he's not getting through Serron."

"But - "

"Stop, Kara. You're making this harder on yourself than you should be." Kirk says quietly. "The Federation needs to know that the Admiral in charge shouldn't be - that he has no qualms selling anyone to slavers for gain. They need to know that you survived, and won't let him get away with it. Okay?"

Kara looks over at Serron, who nods once. She pulls in a deep breath and lets it out. "All right."

"Good. Now I have an interview with the Admirals in about two hours. In the meantime, go check on the Avenger. She took some hits, because I can hear Scotty swearing over them." Kirk says with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Kara glares at them for a moment, biting her lip once again. "If any of you get hurt," she snaps, "I will kill you myself."

"She means thank you and please be careful." Serron translates dryly. With that said, he takes Kara by the arm and guides her out of the office. Jim glances at Spock.

"This is gonna be harder than I thought." he says softly.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Spock folds his hands behind his back, and let's Jim rest his head on his side. "Only if Kara decides to stop the proceedings. That is the only obstacle I foresee." he says quietly.

Kirk smiles humorlessly. "I'm glad that's the only issue you see. I see a month and a half of being questioned by the admiralty for bringing Komack's crimes to light."

"We can stop this, if you wish. I'm sure Kara would be relieved." Spock says with a slight grin.

"I bet - but I can't ignore this, Spock. I'm just tired and sore. That's all this is. C'mon, I still owe you some time."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next