RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Trek 1

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Spock blinks. "Jim calls you Bones. That is not my name for you."

"Well, I just gave you permission, so it can be." McCoy says, taking a seat on the other side of Kirk. "And you're lying. If you were completely fine, I'd be worried."

"He's shaken, but nothing he can't handle." Kirk says, saving the conversation from devolving into one of their legendary spats. Normally they're funny as hell, but not today. Not right now.

Not when he's pretty sure Bones is right, and Spock is seriously not okay. But it's up to Spock to tell him one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Spock gave a quiet sigh and nodded. "Physically, I am fine. I am however, concerned. Our encounter with the smugglers should not have ended in our favor. Under normal circumstances, we would be killed."

Bones frowned. "But we didn't."

"Only because we had just started our travels, and were within warping distance of the outpost. Had we been any farther away, we would likely not have survived that encounter." Spock said quietly.

Kirk shook his head. "I'm awaiting new orders from Starfleet. I wanted clarification on where we're headed. I honestly don't think I'm just supposed to pick a direction and go."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 pm

"You're rubbing off on him, Spock, he's actually thinking." Bones says with a wry grin. "Okay, so here's hoping we haven't been sent on this mission to die."

"Now there's a pleasant thought." Kirk mutters.

At that moment, Uhura walks in. "You've been summoned by the Admiral, Captain." she says quietly. "He says it's urgent and you should join him immediately." She hands him a data pad with the location of the meeting on it. Kirk automatically turns to Spock, arching an eyebrow in invitation. Uhura cuts him off. "The Admiral wants to talk to you alone."

Spock stiffens slightly. "I'd rather he did not."

"Unfortunately, we don't get a say in the matter." McCoy says. "Better be careful, Jim."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Kirk stared at the datapad in his hand. "Well, shit. This can go one of two ways. I'll either piss him off, or get a straight answer out of him. I wonder which option it'll be."

Bones snorted. "Knowing you? Both of them."

Kirk stood and glanced at Spock. "You have the Conn until I get back. Finish loading up, and see what you can do about those weapons. Bones, send the list to Spock, and he'll approve it. I'll be back in a little while." He turned to Uhura. "Do we have a shuttle ready for flight?"

"Yes, sir." Uhura nodded. "I need to point out I don't like this, Kirk."

Kirk laughed humorlessly. "Yeah, neither do I." He nodded to Spock and Bones before walking out of the room and towards the shuttle bay. He climbed aboard the shuttle and took off for the Admiral's ship.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Spock watches him go. Bones glances at him. "He'll be fine." he assures the Vulcan - and himself. "Jim's harder to kill than that." That earns him a dark look from Spock, but the Vulcan simply stands up.

"Prepare a list of whatever you need." he tells the doctor. "I will go down and procure weapons."

Bones just nods. Keeping busy is better than worrying all the time.

---------/

Kirk stands uncomfortably on the other side of the Admiral's desk. "You wanted to see me, sir?" he asks. He hates being here without some kind of back up.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:39 pm

The Admiral stands up, and walks around his desk to stand over Kirk. "Yes. I told you to negotiate. You didn't. Why is that?"

Kirk straightens, and looks the Admiral in the eye, refusing to be intimidated. "Because their demands were for me to hand over my First Officer to be sold. I don't know how you run things on your ship, sir, but that's now how I do things on mine."

The Admiral's eyes narrowed at Kirk's tone. "Are you implying something there, Captain Kirk?"

Kirk's eyes narrowed right back. "I don't know, sir, should I be? Because I should think that when one of our officers is threatened, we take the steps necessary to protect our own. If you want to yell at me because I did just that, then you need to step back and think about what our founding principles are, sir."

The Admiral stared hard at Kirk. "I'm debating whether I should have you court-marshaled for your disrespect to a commanding officer, Kirk."

"Go ahead. The council will vote in my favor, I can guarantee it." Kirk said evenly.

The Admiral leaned back with a small smile. "On second thought, forget the council and the court-marshal. I'll just blast your ship out of the air. Say it was an attack by an unknown assailant."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Kirk scowls. "You sent us out there to die."

"No, I sent you out there to learn. Those scavengers could have been great assets to me, and yet you ordered them destroyed. I needed their resources."

"And they needed to know not to threaten my friend." Kirk snaps, and immediately recognizes his misstep. He meant to attack the regulations - not reveal his own personal reasons.

Of course, the Admiral picks up on this. "Friend?" he sneers. "I didn't think Vulcans had friends."

"I may not be his, but he is mine." Kirk says shortly. It's a complete lie - of course he's Spock's friend, he knows this - but the Admiral doesn't have to know. He can't know. There's too much at stake here that Kirk doesn't understand, and he has a feeling that the least of it is Spock's safety.

At least that he can control.

The Admiral smiles. "Be that as it may - the next time you disobey a direct order from me, I will see your precious ship is destroyed. Starting with your friend. Do I make myself clear?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Kirk's fists clench behind his back, but he shows no other outward sign of anger. "Crystal." The tone used is glacial.

"Good. Now, I want you to go back to that sector of space. Like I said, there are resources there we can use." The Admiral turned and walked back around his desk and sat down, eyeing Kirk.

"Not without proper weaponry. I refuse to go back out there without a way to defend my ship and my crew. Standard weapons on a ship will not cut it." Kirk said evenly. Admittedly, there were spare weapons being outfitted to the ship, but the Admiral didn't have to know that.

"No."

"Then you might as well find another ship to do your dirty work, sir, because I'm not going out there. You can kill me dead here and now, or you can outfit my ship with the weapons necessary to our survival. It's your decision, sir."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 pm

The Admiral leans forward. "I will not kill you, Captain James Kirk. You are far too valuable an asset for me to waste. Your crew, however, is not. I can call any of them into this room and kill them in front of you. I will let you explain why they have to die."

Kirk's fists are shaking now. "I will kill you first. Sir."

For a long moment, they stare at each other. The Admiral looks away. "I will not order new weaponry for the Enterprise. Whatever you can scavenge is your business. Dismissed, Captain."

Kirk leaves the room. He waits until he is well out of range of the Admiral's office before the shaking begins in earnest, and he can't stop it.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Kirk pulls out his communicator. "Kirk to Enterprise."

Uhura answers. "Yes, Captain?"

"I'm on my way. Have Spock meet me in the shuttle bay." The shakes have subsided for now, but Kirk knows they'll be back once he's on the Enterprise. "I'm five minutes out>"

"Aye, sir." Uhura cuts the commlink and Kirk drops his communicator, focusing on getting back to the Enterprise in once piece. The back of his neck itches, anticipating an attack that he knows could happen if he steps out of line.

The bay doors of the Enterprise's shuttle bay open, and Kirk lands the shuttle, getting himself together before stepping off the shuttle. Spock raises an eyebrow at him.

"Captain, you requested my presence?"

"Yeah - how much weaponry can your contacts give us?" Kirk's voice isn't quite as steady as he'd have liked.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Spock detects the faint tremor, and suddenly he's completely on alert. "All the weaponry we need, sir." he replies. "How much are you hoping for?"

"Enough to turn the Enterprise into a war ship." Kirk says bluntly.

The Vulcan stills. "What happened with the Admiral?" he asks. Kirk looks away. Spock presses the issue. "Jim. What happened?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Kirk closes his eyes. "The Admiral ordered us back out to that sector of space. He threatened to kill everyone aboard the ship in front of me if I didn't take the mission." His hands began to shake, and he clenched his fists before meeting Spock's gaze. "He threatened you first, because I refused to let the smugglers have you."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Spock exhales sharply. "Jim, I am perfectly capable - "

"It has nothing to do with that!" Kirk snaps. "I know what you can do, okay? I saw the aftermath of Kahn. I know you can take care of yourself. I also know that if I have the chance to protect you, I will, because - "

"You are my friend." Spock says quietly. "And I am yours, and you know I would do the same."

"Don't let the Admiral know that. I don't want to make you a bigger target than you already are."

"I am the First Officer of this ship. I will do what it takes to protect my crew - and my captain."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Kirk gave a quiet chuckle. "Well, then, let's make sure we can do that by arming ourselves to the teeth. I may be forced to take this mission, but I'll be damned if I do it on his terms."

Spock nodded once. "Our weapons are being loaded as we speak. Our missile bay is full, and our onboard phasers are being recalibrated for the highest out-put they can handle. Our shields are also being boosted."

Kirk felt a little of the tension leave his body. "Good. How's Bone's list looking?"

"His medbay has been fully stocked, and we have emergency kits around the ship just in case."

"Damn, Spock. I wasn't gone that long." Kirk said with a small grin.

"Time is of the essence, and we want to get on our way as soon as possible, correct?"

"Yeah. The sooner this is over, the better."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:32 pm

"The sooner we are out of the Admiral's reach." Spock corrects. "I am looking forward to exploring space."

Kirk laughs. "You, looking forward to something?" He slings an arm over Spock's shoulders as they walk down to medbay to help McCoy pack everything away. "The sky has turned purple. I'm shocked."

"The sky may very well be purple on some planets." Spock retorts. "The only reason Earth sky appears blue is because of - "

He knows Kirk isn't listening, just laughing at his literal take on Kirk's joke, but that really isn't the point. The tension has bled from Kirk's shoulders, and that is enough.

They are as prepared as they can be. That has to be enough.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 pm

They arrive at the medbay in time to hear Bones cuss some new ensign out. Kirk gave a wry grin to Spock. "I think we should keep him off of coffee for a while. It tends to make him a little high-strung."

Spock rose an eyebrow at him. "I do not think it wise. However, if you wish to stop him, I won't get in your way."

Kirk grinned. "Is that your way of saying 'better you than me'?"

Bones turned and saw them. "Jim, welcome back." There was a pause and his eyes narrowed. "What's wrong?"

Kirk looked around and shook his head. "I'll tell you later."

"No, you'll tell me now." Bones walked over to them and crossed his arms.

"I would advise this conversation be held in private, Doctor." Spock said quietly. "This is not something that everyone should hear."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:50 pm

McCoy stares at them for a moment, then sighed. "Well, damn." He motions for them to follow him, and they wind up in his office. The ensign he cussed out retreats quickly. McCoy focuses his entire attention on Kirk and Spock. "Okay - what happened?"

Kirk gives him the abbreviated version. He's not sure he will ever share the specifics of what was said. He doesn't want to remember them. When he's finished, McCoy has turned an interesting shade of white. Kirk sighs. "Bones, if the doctor passes out, the rest of us don't know what to do." he warns.

"Give me a moment. I'm running through my list to find the most appropriate word to call him."

Spock glances at Kirk. "We could be here for a while." he says dryly.

"Shut up, you green-blooded hobgoblin." McCoy snaps. "So, what are we going to do, Jim?"

"Play along, for now." Kirk says softly. "And no one else knows. No one. Got that, Bones? If it turns out I have to do something illegal to protect us, I'm taking down as few of my crew as possible."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Bones nods once. "I get it. So, when do we leave?"

"As soon as the modifications to the ship are complete. As far as the Admiral knows, we're docked for repairs. Nothing more, nothing less. The mods won't show up on any official documents, because Spock called in a few favors. So, we won't be headed out completely defenseless."

"Good to know. That explains why a bunch of medpacks were added to my list." Bones said with a slight smile.

Spock shrugged. "It seemed prudent, considering our history of getting into trouble."

"I'm not criticizing you, Spock. It was an observation." Bones said, outright grinning this time. "I think it's a good idea, especially with this idiot in charge." he teased, jerking a thumb in Kirk's direction.

"Hey!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:04 am

Spock's lips lift in a brief smirk. The banter continues well into the night. To no one's surprise, the three of them fall asleep in the med bay instead of in their own quarters.

------/

The Admiral is there, watching the docking shuttle as it takes the Enterprise crew to their ship. Uhura shivers. "I don't know why he's here." she says. "He almost got Spock killed."

Kirk scowls. Spock merely shrugs. "He is the one giving the orders." he says, more for Kirk's benefit than Uhura's. "However, he will not see us in space."

"Let's hope not." Kirk says.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:11 am

As Sulu runs through the pre-takeoff check, Kirk's communicator beeps, indicating a text message. He flips the communicator open and reads the message, and his blood goes cold.

"Don't step out of line. I'll know."

He lifts his head and looks over at Spock. "How're we doing?"

"We are ready to proceed at your command." Spock's tone is even, but he's watching Kirk a little too closely. "Engineering reports the warp core is online and ready."

"Good. Let's go exploring. Punch it, Sulu. Warp factor six."

"Aye, Captain."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:16 am

Spock leaves his post and comes to stand just behind Kirk. The captain raises his communicator just enough for Spock to read the text message. His gaze darkens, but a brief touch to the captain's shoulder is the only acknowledgement he gives. There will be time later for anger.

He just hopes they don't run into those scavengers again. He knows exactly what Kirk will do to protect his crew - to protect him - but he also knows what he will do to protect Kirk from the Admiral.

Uhura gives him a dark look as he resumes his seat. "What is that all about?"

"Nothing of importance right now." Spock replies, returning his attention to the readings.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:25 am

Uhura looks like she wants to comment, but she nods once and goes back to work on her console. Sulu turns and nods to Kirk.

"We're in warp, sir."

Kirk allows a small smile to cross his face. "Good. We'll be in warp for a few hours, but keep an eye out. We don't want any surprises."

Sulu nods. "Yes, sir." He looked between Spock and Kirk. "I'm curious. Why are we going back out to the sector of space we were attacked at?"

Kirk sighs. "Because we were ordered to by the Admiral. He thinks there are people out there who he thinks would make good allies to the Federation." It's not quite a lie, but not exactly the truth, either.

Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura exchange a long look, but don't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 am

Spock knows the crew doesn't exactly believe Kirk. He also knows they aren't going to comment. After everything the Enterprise has been through, they are loyal to each other. They won't press the issue, not until they absolutely have to.

Spock just hopes they don't have to.

It takes about thirty minutes of random small talk before Sulu has an update. "We're passing the last marked Federation base." he announces. "Everything past this point is unexplored space."

Kirk nods. "Let's see how far we can get before we find trouble."

That earns a laugh out of Chekov. "Sir, don't jinx us." Kirk just laughs.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 am

Kirk gave Sulu a grin. "All right. Let's punch it and see what we find. Warp factor six."

"Aye sir." Sulu said, pushing the throttle open.

"Chekov, I want you to start running our mapping systems, let's start charting this area - get an idea of the lay of the land."

Chekov laughed and nodded. "Aye."

Kirk turned to Spock, grinning. "Ready for five years in space?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Spock can't help his almost-smile. "Indeed. With you at command, it should prove an interesting experience."

"Oi!" Kirk laughs. "I can't tell if I was insulted or complimented!"

"I think that was a little of both, sir." Uhura says with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 1
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next