RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Trek 2

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:44 am

(I am so not imaginative with names tonight)

It was a simple survey mission. You know, look at the pretty nebulae, take some readings, do some science. For Kirk it was only mildly boring. After all, he got to help out in the science labs after all the data collecting was done. And right now, after all their previous missions, a milk run was exactly what the Enerprise crew needed.

Which is why this really shouldn't be a surprise.

The woman just materialized on the bridge, getting everyone's attention. She only stands there for a moment before collapsing. Kirk and Spock exchange looks. Uhura is already on the comm to medbay. Kirk slowly approaches her. "Are you okay?"

"I do not believe she is conscious, Captain." Spock points out.

Kirk nods. "Good point." He kneels down next to her and touches her shoulder, trying to get a better look.

That's when she launches herself at him and punches him in the nose.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:56 am

Kirk yelps, hands flying to cover his now bloody (and probably broken, that girl can HIT) nose. He lands on his ass as the girl jumps up, fists clenched. She glares down at him.

"Who are you?"

"Jim Kirk. Who the hell are you?" Kirk shoots back. There's a muffled snicker in the vicinity of Sulu. Kirk flicks him off.

"Kara Emberlynn. Where am I?" She doesn't lower her fists.

"You are on the USS Enterprise." Spock says. "Where are you from?"

"I'm from the USS Avenger. How did I get here?"

"You tell us." Kirk says, getting to his feet, and gently prodding his nose. "You just appeared out of nowhere."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:01 am

Kara frowns at them. "I just appeared here?"

"Yeah." Kirk takes a step towards her rather cautiously. He has no desire to get hit again. "So what happened?"

"I - " Suddenly she growls. "Q. Damn him."

Kirk and Spock exchange looks. "What is a Q?" Spock asks.

Kara turns her gaze to him. There's a look of almost-recognition there, but she doesn't say anything. Instead she closes her eyes for a second and takes a deep breath.

Kirk watches as all color drains from her face.

"Where is the Avenger?" she asks softly. "I need to get back."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:07 am

Kirk frowns as he turns to Spock, leaning forward so Kara doesn't hear. "Is there a ship named Avenger in the Fleet?"

"I will check." Spock heads back to his station, Kirk trailing after him, swiping at the blood under his nose.

McCoy bursts onto the bridge, looks around, and spots Kirk. "You. Come here."

Kirk freezes, then ducks his head. "Nope. I'm fine, just gonna follow Spock over here and. . ."

"Either you come here, or I go there. You won't like it if I have to go over there."

Kara watches the exchange with thinly veiled confusion and amusement. "Who's he?"

Sulu pipes up. "That's Doctor McCoy. He's our CMO."

"I have found the Avenger, Captain." Spock speaks up. "However, they are in the Delta quadrant."

Kirk sighs. "And we're in the Alpha quadrant. How long would it take us to get there. Bones, knock it off, I"m fine!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:13 am

"Approximately 4.56 days at Warp 4." Spock returns.

By now McCoy has noticed the new girl standing in the middle of the bridge like a lost puppy. He immediately takes note of how pale she is, and he frowns. "Hey. Are you okay? You look worse than the idiot." He immediately walks over to her and pulls out his tricorder.

"Careful, Bones." Kirk warns. "She packs a mean punch."

Before McCoy can retort, Kara speaks up again. "Who is the captain?"

Spock blinks. "Please clarify."

"Of the Avenger. Who is the captain?"

Spock checks the roster. "Captain Alan Grant."

No.

And that is when she passes out cold for real. McCoy catches her before she can hit the ground entirely, swearing up a storm.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:18 am

Kirk's eyes go wide as he turns to look at Spock. "Apparently that was the wrong answer?"

"Evidently. Doctor, will she be all right?" Spock stands, lifting the unconscious girl from McCoy's arms. "I will carry her - if she should wake, she will not be able to do much damage to me."

"She'll be fine, I think. She's in shock - it's clear she's not from around here. At all. There are some weird readings I'm getting from her." McCoy says as he leads the way to medbay, Spock and Kirk in tow.

"Weird, how?" Kirk asks.

"It's hard to explain. There are energy fluctuations emanating from her. If it wasn't for the fact that she's not suffering from radiation poisoning, I'd swear she'd walked out of the warp core. Those are the kind of readings I'm getting from her." McCoy says, directing Spock to one of the beds.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:23 am

Kirk grimaces. "You sure she hasn't?"

"Well, she's still here, isn't she?" McCoy snaps. "I will never forget what that looks like."

"I apologized! Like a thousand times!"

"Let's focus on Miss Emberlynn." Spock says, looking down at the girl on the biobed. "What else can cause those kinds of readings, Doctor?"

"No clue." McCoy grunts, resuming his scans.

Kirk frowns. "She mentioned a Q. That's familiar to me. Like something I heard in class or whatever."

"Well, when she wakes up, maybe she'll be able to explain." McCoy says almost absently.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:28 am

Kirk frowns at the floor. "Q. . .where have I heard that? OH! Got it!" He snaps his fingers as it hits him. "Q was mentioned briefly by Captain Picard. He was described as a Loki-like trickster - he liked to play pranks on Picard and his crew. And somehow, she's managed to get on this guy's radar."

McCoy makes a face. "Wonderful. That's just what we need. Another ass messing with us. Can't we have a nice, peaceful week for once? Is that too much to ask?" he says, as he hooks an IV to Kara's arm. "Hopefully, this'll help settle her system back down."

((Le crappy post is up!))
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:32 am

"I suspect I know where she comes from as well." Spock admits. "She keeps looking at me like she knows me, but she wasn't certain. Perhaps she knew our counterparts."

That makes Kirk and McCoy freeze. "Okay, seriously? How many more people from that world are gonna drop in on us?" He shakes his head. "Get back to the bridge, you two. I'll be fine watching over her."

"You'll let us know when she wakes up?" Kirk asks.

"What the hell kind of question is that? Of course I will. Now out!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 am

They get out. Kirk turns to Spock. "My question is, what're we gonna do if Q decides to show up?"

"I am uncertain. Do you recall how Picard managed to fend him off?"

Kirk frowns as they walk back to the bridge. "He didn't really. Q would show up, wreak some havoc, then disappear for a while and then come back. It was a bit of a pattern, and according to Picard's first mate, there were suspicions that Q was interested in Picard."

"Interested?"

"Romantically, though it was neither confirmed or denied." Kirk says with a shrug. "We'll just ask him if he decides to show up, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 3:21 am

It takes a few hours, but Kara slowly wakes up. McCoy makes certain to stay out of her reach. She's still pale, but he's not taking any chances. She has a rather impressive punch. "Are you all right now?"

Kara flinches. "So that wasn't a dream." she murmurs.

"Sorry, sweetheart." McCoy says, falling back into his more Southern mannerisms. It seems to put her at ease. "We're trying to figure out where you belong. What's your rank?"

"Commander." she says dully.

McCoy nods. No wonder she can hit. "Who is your captain?"

She closes her eyes again. For a moment, McCoy thinks she's fallen asleep again. He's about to move away when she answers.

"Serron."

A Vulcan? What the hell? "Spock is the only Vulcan I know of in Starfleet, darlin'."

The tears are coming now, but she makes no noise. McCoy is impressed. Whatever she's going thru, it's breaking her, but she refuses to give into it.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 12:54 pm

McCoy moves away, letting her cry in private. He goes to the comm. "Jim? She's awake."

There's a muffled groan on Jim's end, then his voice comes in. "I'll be right there. Just gimme a sec to wake up."

McCoy glances at the time, and yeah, it's pretty late. He doesn't care, but still. "If you find the hobgoblin, bring him too."

Jim snorts. "Which hobgoblin? Spock, or Spock Prime?"

"Either. Both. I don't care." McCoy can actually hear Jim roll his eyes. "Get you ass down here. She's crying and I don't deal with tears. I'm bad at it."

"Bones, you're bad at dealing with people in general. I'll be there in a few." Jim cuts the transmission.

McCoy pokes his head out of his office, and checks on Kara. She's sitting up, and looking around. "You okay there, hon?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:26 pm

"Something like. " she says softly. She looks down at her arm, then back up at him. "You're familiar. I just can't place it."

McCoy just shakes his head. "I think I know, but I'm letting the captain deal with that. Did you ever serve on the Enterprise?" Kara shakes her head. He shrugs. "Well, that's no good. I'm trying to find you in our systems, but there is no computer record of a Kara Emberlynn in Starfleet." He leans forward. "Help me out here."

"I can't explain what I don't understand myself." she retorts. "Talk to Q."

At that moment Kirk and Spock walk in. Her eyes flicker to Spock and then away. Spock frowns slightly. "You know me."

She shakes her head. "No. I don't."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 5:03 am

Spock considers. "You know a version of me, then. Probably my counterpart."

Kirk turns to Spock. "Spock Prime?"

"Indeed. He is here on the ship. Perhaps he will be helpful." Spock says somewhat thoughtfully.

McCoy snorts. "I like the other you - he's more easygoing, you uptight hobgoblin."

Spock ignores the insult. "Should I go get him, Captain?"

Kirk sighs. "It's Jim, and I don't see why not." he looks over at Kara and gives her a brief grin. "Is it safe for me to approach, or are you gonna sock me again?"

Kara gives a slight grin. "I won't hit you unless you deserve it."

McCoy snorts. "He always deserves it. Go ahead and hit him again. I missed it, and it sounded hilarious."

"Go jump off a bridge, Bones." Kirk says.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

Kara snorts in amusement. "So, how long have you two been best friends?" she teases.

Kirk grins. "Long enough. Are you gonna ask the question you really want to?"

She shakes her head. "I think I'll wait."

"I'm gonna get some fresh readings." McCoy says, approaching her with a tricorder. "Don't hit me."

"I only hit people who deserve it or who startle me." Kara retorts. "It's a reflex."

"And that's why I'm not startling ya, darlin'."

At that moment, Spock and Spock Prime walk into the medbay. The old Vulcan's eyes immediately light up when he sees her. "Kara."

Her head snaps over to him and she smiles. "Spock! You got old!"

Kirk thinks Spock Prime might actually start laughing. His Spock simply looks back and forth between the two. "How do you know each other?" he asks.

"We met in the Academy when she decided that I apparently needed protection." Spock Prime says with no small amount of amusement.

"Well, four on one was hardly fair odds, especially when you wouldn't fight back, you stupid pacifist." Kara retorts, still grinning.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 11:36 pm

Spock Prime merely smiles. "I have missed you, Kara. It is good to see you again after all this time."

Kara stiffens slightly. "How long has it been?" her voice is almost a whisper.

The smile fades completely. "I have lost track of the years, Kara, since you and Serron vanished."

Any remaining colour in Kara's face drops out completely. "Serron's gone?"

"He vanished the same time you did." Spock Prime answers quietly. "What happened?"

"Q happened." The words are bitter. "He took a liking to tormenting us, and then he apparently flung us across time and space."

((Le crappy post is up. I don't know Kara's story that well in this 'verse, so I'm kinda winging it.))
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:28 am

Spock Prime frowns. "Q was responsible? I was not aware he was still in our system."

Kirk holds up a hand. "Okay, someone cue me in. What in the hell happened to you?"

Kara sighs and draws her knees up to her chest. "In my world, the Avenger has an interesting reputation. Those assigned there are the ones that don't fit anywhere else. We kinda wound up being the police force, so to speak. You know, pretend to keep the peace."

Kirk nods. "Go on."

"Apparently Q thought we were fascinating. He wanted to know what would happen if he separated the command team."

"You and Serron." Kara nods. "But there are no other Vulcans in Starfleet."

Kara grits her teeth. "Then he's still on Vulcan."

Everyone exchanges looks. Kara's eyes narrow. "What?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:42 am

Kirk meets her gaze evenly. "Vulcan was destroyed by a black hole some six months ago."

Kara's eyes go wide. "What?"

"A rouge Romulan called Nero created a singularity at the center of Vulcan. The planet was destroyed, along with a large amount of the population." Kirk says quietly. "We were there when it happened."

"It can't be." Kara's voice is faint.

McCoy lays a hand on her shoulder and isn't surprised to find her trembling. He looks at Kirk. "Couldn't you have gentled it up some?"

"I tried to!" Kirk protests.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 2:20 am

"There is no gentling up something like that." Spock says quietly. McCoy scoffs, but he keeps his hand on Kara's shoulder. She won't stop shaking, and that has him worried. She's under too much stress.

"Hey, breathe with me, darlin'." he says softly, breathing slow for exaggerated effect. It works. Her breathing finally starts to even out, but the color doesn't return to her face. She looks like she's about to crash again. "Hey, come on, girl. You're strong, I know you are. You got this. We're not too bad, once you get to know us." She nods, almost smiles. He'll take it.

Kirk and Spock exchange looks. "I think we'll leave you alone for now." Kirk says gently. "It's a lot to take in."

"I shall stay with her." Spock Prime decides. "She will need a familiar face." Kirk nods, and his Spock follows him back to the bridge. McCoy stays with Kara just long enough to make sure she's not going to pass out again and leaves as well, allowing them their privacy.

Slowly, Kara looks up at him. "Vulcan is gone?"

Spock Prime nods.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:36 pm

After a second's hesitation, Spock Prime steps forward and wraps his arms around Kara. She grips the back of his robe, and bursts into tears. McCoy steps back, and with a nod, moves quietly back into his office.

Spock Prime rocks gently, murmuring quietly to her in Vulcan as she cries. After a while, she stops, and pulls back, swiping at the tears as she looks up. "I can't feel him, Spock. I've been trying to reach him, but I can't."

Spock Prime nods. "I know. I am in much the same boat." he says with a small sigh. "I cannot find my Kirk, no matter how I stretch and probe our bond. However, I am certain that if anyone could survive what happened, it is Serron. He would not leave you to suffer the fate of a broken bond. Take hope in that."

"I'm trying." Kara admits. She takes a look around. "What are these people like, Spock? They seem okay."

At this Spock Prime outright grins. "They are a lively bunch, you could say. You've made them cautious, and no doubt intensely curious." he turns to look thoughtfully at the closed office door McCoy was hiding behind. "I do have to say, this is the gentlest I've ever seen this McCoy. He's not usually this nice."

Kara smiles. "He's pretty grouchy, then?"

"Wouldn't you be, if you were Jim Kirk's primary physician? Jim has more medical issues than any other human I've had the pleasure of meeting. You will like them, Kara, if you give them a chance."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:54 pm

Kara chuckles at that. "Some things don't change, I see." She takes a deep breath, steadying herself. "So, good people, you say?"

Spock Prime nods. "Very much so."

Another deep breath. She clenches her fists to steady shaking hands. "If they found Nero, you, and me, there's a good chance they'll find Serron as well."

"Most likely."

Kara grins humorlessly. "And that's why you're here. By that logic, they might find Kirk as well." Spock merely smiles. Kara flashes him a grin. "Dr. McCoy?"

He pokes his head out the door of his office. "Yeah?"

"Am I cleared to leave?"

"Depends on why."

Kara smiles, and it soothes Spock Prime to see her real smile. "I don't do extended pity-parties. I plan on making myself useful, if I'm gonna be hitching a ride with you guys for a while."

McCoy smiles in return before settling back into his usual scowl. "Just don't strain yourself, and make sure you get something to eat within the hour. I don't want you passing out again."

"That makes two of us." She slides off the bed. "Thank you."

"Where to?" Spock Prime asks. Kara shrugs.

"Probably the bridge. It wouldn't be good manners to just wander down to Engineering and offer my expertise, now would it?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:00 pm

McCoy gives her another critical once-over before nodding. "Spock Prime? Get her something to eat first, then she can hit the bridge. I'll comm Jim and let him know you two are on your way."

Spock Prime nods. "Of course, Doctor. Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah. Get outta my medbay." McCoy shoos them out before the doors hiss close in what Kara could almost call a slam. Her eyebrows go up.

"I see what you mean. Cranky."

"I heard that! Scram!"

She bursts out laughing as she follows Spock Prime. "I take it that's more in line with how he normally is?"

"Yes. You get used to it after a while." Spock Prime says with a smile as he leads the way to the mess hall. He passes Sulu. "Lieutenant, is the Captain on the bridge?"

Sulu smiles. "Nah. Alpha shift just ended. I think Kirk and Spock are playing chess in the break room. If you wanna find them, that's where I'd look."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:08 pm

"In a moment." Spock Prime says. "I am taking Kara down to the mess hall to get some lunch."

Sulu's eyes light up. "Can I join you? I wanna know more about the girl who almost punched Jim out."

Kara can't help but chuckle. "I don't mind if Spock doesn't."

Spock Prime almost smiles. "Of course not."

And so the three of them walked down to the mess hall, Sulu watching as Kara and Spock Prime make small talk.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:17 pm

Kara turns to Sulu. "Not to be rude, but who are you?"

"Hikaru Sulu, ma'am." Sulu says with a grin. "I'm one of the helmsmen here."

Kara's eyes go wide, and she turns to Spock Prime. "Sulu?"

Spock starts to grin. "Yes. They are all here, just significantly younger than you are used to." he says simply.

Sulu nods in understanding. "I get it. You're from Prime's era, not ours. That makes sense. Still, though. Watching you damn near lay Jim out was hysterical."

Kara give him a curious stare. "How old are you?"

Sulu smiles. "I'm twenty-six." he says as they enter the mess hall and head for the replicator. He punches in his order and grins. "If you think that's young, Chekov is seventeen."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Kara blinks. "I met Chekov once on shore leave and he was no 17 year old." she says with a small laugh. "I didn't know Starfleet took them that young."

"He is a genius." Sulu says proudly. Kara nods. Sulu continues as they find a seat. "So how old are you?"

"33." Kara says absently. "And I was one of the youngest ones on the Avenger." Spock Prime excuses himself and heads to the replicators while they take their seats. "There are Vulcan dishes on the replicators?"

"Not standard issue." Sulu laughs. "Jim reprogrammed them about a week in."

Kara smiles at that. "Figures."

Sulu nods. "So, how well did you know us?" he asks. "I mean, clearly you know Prime there really well, and by default you know Jim, but who else did you know?"

"You." she says with a grin. "Who do you think taught me how to fight in the Academy?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Trek 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Star Trek 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next