A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Star Trek 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Sulu looks a little proud as they sit down. "I'm okay with that." he says as Spock Prime sits back down, two trays in his hand. He hands one to Kara, and starts eating.

Kara smiles at Spock Prime and begins to eat. "So, your Jim and Spock are pretty tight, then?"

"They are now, yeah. But at the beginning, when Jim first took Captaincy of the ship, you'd better believe they weren't." Sulu says cheerfully. "Spock marooned Jim on Delta Vega for insubordination, and when Jim came back, this time with Scotty, Spock beat the ever-loving shit out of Jim. To be fair, Jim deserved it, but it was pretty hard to watch."

"What happened?" Kara asks, fascinated despite herself.

"Well, Captain Pike had been taken prisoner by Nero, right? So, Spock wanted to rejoin the fleet, coordinate, then go after Pike. Kirk wanted to just go after Pike. But Spock was captain, and in order for Jim to become captain, he had to hit below the belt, so to speak. It wasn't pretty - Vulcan had just been destroyed, and Spock's mother had been one of the casualties. I think you can figure out what happened from there." Sulu said with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Kara nods. "I have a hard time believing Kirk would say something like that to Spock." she says. "I mean, the Kirk I know was forced into calling him a half-breed once, and he spent the next three days apologizing for it."

Sulu considers. "Well, I know Jim apologized, but I can't say how long he did it for." He shrugs. "Different people."

"In so many ways." Kara agrees. "But not necessarily a bad thing."

Then Sulu asks the question Kara knew was coming. "So, what's your captain like?"

Kara closes her eyes for a moment before taking a bite of her salad. "He is a good man. A great captain." She keeps her tone neutral, unsure of how much she should share. She doesn't know if they'll understand.

Sulu snorts. "Come on. That's generic crap. That's what we say to Starfleet brass when they ask about Kirk." He leans across the table. "What is he really like?"
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Kirk plopped down next to Kara and gave everyone at the table a cheerful grin. "Hi, guys!"

Spock Prime gave Jim a smile as Kara glared at him briefly. "Hello, Jim. Where is my younger counterpart?"

"Meditating. He kicked my ass in chess this go round, then left to meditate." Kirk says cheerfully. "I'm planning a rematch later tonight."

Sulu snorts. "Have you always been a sore loser?"

"I"m not a sore loser. I just prefer to win." Kirk says with dignity, making Kara snort. "So, what're ya'll doing here?"

Sulu laughs. "Well, Captain, beta shift has just taken over, so I thought that I'd grab some food, and maybe a nap. You know, because I'm off shift."

"A nap, huh? Are you sure you're not grabbing Chekov for that 'nap' of yours?" Kirk says with a grin, Sulu choking briefly on his food.

"Excuse me?"

"Nope. No excuses."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Kara pauses, bite of salad halfway up to her mouth. "You and Chekov?"

Sulu glares at Kirk. "You were just telling us about your captain, right?"

Kara grins. "Uh-huh."

Now he has Kirk's attention. "So what is your captain like?" he asks, and Sulu sighs in relief. "I mean, we're friends, right?"

Kara hesitates a moment, casting a glance at Spock Prime. The old Vulcan nods. Kara puts her fork down. "Serron is a great man. He saved my life. Quite a few times, actually."

Sulu pauses. "Wait. He's a Vulcan? But -"

"I know." Kara says calmly.

Kirk interrupts. "Is he anything like Spock?"

Kara points at Spock Prime. "This Spock. Not your Spock. Serron learned pretty early on the value of not hiding his emotions. He's not demonstrative, but he is by Vulcan standards."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Kirk nods, then turns his attention to Sulu. A slightly disturbing grin crosses his face. "So, about Chekov." he says, turning the conversation away from Kara.

"We're not talking about it." Sulu says.

"Yes we are." Kirk singsongs cheerfully. As Sulu and Kirk bicker back and forth, Kara turns to Spock Prime.

"Are they always like this?"

Spock Prime laughs. "Yes. Kirk is a very informal captain. He encourages his crew to befriend each other and himself. He is a lot like my Kirk, but aside from age, there are a few differences. For instance, this Kirk's childhood was harder than my Kirk's."

"Oh? How so?"

"You'll have to ask him. It's not my story, and I don't have all the details." Spock Prime says quietly.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Kara nods. "Good point. Maybe after a while. I don't know him very well."

"You don't know any of them very well." Spock Prime points out. Kara flashes him a grin.

"I know you." she teases. Spock Prime smiles at that. Before they can continue teasing each other, Kara gasps. The bond lights up inside her mind, and she can sense Serron there, bright and confused and reaching, and suddenly she's on her feet and running from the room.

She's barely aware of the others following.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Kirk's attention is diverted from his helmsman as Kara practically leaps to her feet and tears from the room. Spock Prime and Kirk glance at each other as they sprint after her.

"Kara! What's going on?" Kirk calls, chasing the girl towards the bridge. Spock Prime keeps up easily, glancing at Kirk.

"You may want to call Doctor McCoy. I have the feeling that Serron has made an appearance."

Kirk taps his communicator. "Bones? I think you're gonna be needed on the bridge."

"Dammit, man! What now?"

"We think Kara's friend made it onto our ship."

"I'll be right there. Tell them not to hit me."

"I'll try."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:41 pm

The poor beta shift captain has no clue what to do with the extremely tense, not quite aware Vulcan that's crouched on the bridge. Kara darts through the door. "Serron!"

"Clear the bridge!" Kirk orders, one step behind her, and the beta shift gladly leaves. Kara approaches Serron cautiously. Kirk and Spock Prime hanging back by the door. Sulu stands just behind Kirk.

"Serron." Kara says quietly. "You're safe here."

Serron's gaze snaps to her, and suddenly his eyes clear. He lets out a shaky breath, and Kirk suddenly realizes he's really pale, even for a Vulcan. "Kara."

Kara steps forward, just as Serron's eyes close. "Shit!" She lunges forward and catches him right as he passes out. "You would faint, wouldn't you, jerk?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:47 pm

"Move, move, move!" McCoy shoves his way through Kirk and Spock Prime and kneels next to Kara. "I need you to let go so I can scan him."

Kara gives him a sideways look before shifting, albeit not very far. McCoy runs his scans, and turns to Kirk. "I need to get him to medbay - he needs to be treated for radiation poisoning. Thankfully, thanks to her, I already have the serum."

"How fast can you get there?" Kara asks, wrapping her arms around Serron again.

"That depends entirely on whether you'll let go long enough for me to get him there." McCoy tells her.

"I'll carry him."

"Then let's go. The longer we keep him here, the sicker he's gonna be." McCoy stood. "Kirk, I'll need you in medbay in ten minutes. We need to talk."

"You got it." Kirk nods. "Go take care of him. When you're ready, just comm me and I'll be right down."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Kara lifts Serron into her arms. McCoy whistles. "Damn. You're strong."

She just grins. "I have to be. Lead the way." McCoy nods and guides her out.

That's when Spock appears. He frowns as hewwatches them go. "Is that her captain?"

"Looks like." Kirk says.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:13 pm

A little while later, McCoy calls Kirk and Spock into his office. "What are we going to tell the Admiralty? We're due for a conference call with Komack later this afternoon. How do we explain that we just 'found' two people in the middle of nowhere?"

Kirk and Spock glance at each other. "I don't know." Kirk says slowly. "I'd rather not mention them at all - have them get dressed in standard issue starfleet uniforms and pass them off as crewmen. Or rather, dress Kara as a crewman - Serron's very obviously a Vulcan, and can't be seen." he says thoughtfully. "Did you mention them in the report you wrote, Bones?"

"No, I haven't written it yet - I've been kept kinda busy." McCoy says, giving Kirk a grouchy stare.

"What about you, Spock?"

"I have. However, I will alter the report before sending it to Starfleet." Spock gives Kirk one of his not-smiles. "I know what you are thinking. You wish to protect them, and in order for them to be protected, they must not be mentioned."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:11 pm

McCoy glances at the pair.  Kara has curled up on the biobed behind Serron, resting his back against her chest.  She has her fingers laced with his.  He frowns.  "Maybe."

Kirk raises an eyebrow.  "Maybe?"

"Look at them.  Do you really think they'll let each other out of sight for long enough to trick Komack?"

Kara's attention immediately snaps to them.  "Komack is here?"

They exchange looks.  "You know him?" Spock asks, voice almost gentle.

Kara hesitates, then returns her attention to Serron.  "Yes."

((it took me two tries, but I fixed it!))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:46 am

McCoy turns to Kirk. "We won't have to mention them at all if you decide not to have the call in my medbay. I'll go check with the rest of the bridge crew and tell them to alter their reports of how these two got onto the ship, if they've mentioned it at all. You need to go prepare for Komack. He likes to find new and inventive reasons to yell at you."

Kirk rolls his eyes. "He's just pissed that I survived the Tarsus disaster, and am therefore 'unfit for command'." he says, shrugging. "I personally disagree, as does most of the Admiralty, because look, I'm captain of the Enterprise, and he isn't."

Spock frowns. "What has your involvement with Tarsus have to do with anything?"

"It's a long story, Spock." Kirk says with a grin. "If you're so curious, I'll tell you tonight over our chess match."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Kara looks up at them with a frown. "Komack was involved in Tarsus?"

Kirk looks over at her. "What do you know about it?"

"Only what I read about in the newsfeeds. I was still a kid when that happened."

Kirk nods. "So was I. But yeah, Komack was involved. I guess that's why you hate him?"

"I have far more personal reasons for that."

"Care to share?"

Kara glances down at Serron. "No. He needs to rest, and he can't do that if I'm fuming."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:37 pm

Kirk shoots her a grin. "Tell ya what. Once you and Serron are cleared from medbay, I'll have you over in my quarters and you and I can swap bad childhood stories."

"Will there be alcohol?"

"Definitely. I'll swipe a bottle from either Bones or Scotty."

"Bones?"

"Doctor McCoy." Kirk says. "Bones is my nickname for him."

"Change it, runt." McCoy says, flicking him on the side of the head as he passed, running a tricorder over Serron. He gives Kara a glare. "And quit making out in my medbay."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Kirk starts sniggering. He can't help it. Something like amusement flashes in Kara's eyes, and she smiles sweetly at him. "Does this bother you?" she teases.

"Yes. Stop it."

"Not like we're snogging or something."

"I know what it means."

"Doctor," Spock says, clearly uncomfortable, but Kara flashes him a bright grin. Spock just watches them.

"I mean, it's not like we're locking lips or something." she continues.

"Dammit, Kara - " Suddenly, he stops. A cautious glare, then, "You are way too well prepared for that."

Kara can't help it. She starts laughing. "This is not the first time we've been in the medbay of the Enterprise." she says with a grin. "You had problems with it then, too. But i wasn't the only one you were yelling at."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Kirk frowns briefly before his eyes widen in understanding. "Oh, okay. I get it now." He earns a look from McCoy and Spock. "Spock Prime and his Kirk. Betcha that's who else her McCoy was yelling at."

"It was." Serron says quietly. "They were much more obvious about it than we were, but we did not escape McCoy's eagle eye."

"Ah, you're awake. Good. Sit up, please." McCoy says, helping him sit up.

Kara continues to hover over Serron's shoulder, earning her a glare from McCoy. "I need you to back up, darlin'."

"But I - "

"He's not going anywhere, hon. Relax. I just need to make sure I don't have to give him another dose."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Kara opens her mouth to protest again, but Serron stops her. "It's all right, Kara." he says quietly. "I doubt i am going anywhere."

"Doubt is the part I'm not fond of." Kara mutters, but she backs up and let's McCoy do his scans.

Spock frowns slightly. "You believe that Q will come back and separate you again?" he asks.

"If I knew why he separated us in the first place, I would know how to answer that question." Serron says flatly. "He should leave us alone for a while at least."

Kara frowns. "How do you figure that?"

Serron almost smiles. "He sent you away first. I reacted accordingly."

Her eyes widen and she grins. "You know how to make a girl feel loved."

"After three years, I should hope so."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Spock Prime walks in, and gives Serron the Ta'al. "Serron old friend, it is good to see you again."

Serron smiles slightly and returns the salute. "And you as well. Though you were not this old last I saw you."

"Many things have happened here, my friend." Spock Prime says quietly. "I would like to tell you of them once you are cleared."

Kirk turns to Spock Prime. "Could you do me a favor and keep them away from the bridge? I have a holo-confrence with Komack, and I don't want him to see these two."

"Of course. We will retire to my quarters."

McCoy finishes scanning Serron. "You're good to go. I would suggest getting something to eat - something light - and some more sleep." he turns to Kara. "That goes for you too, missy. If I find out you didn't listen to me, I will find you, and I will make you regret it. Clear?"

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:11 pm

"I'm not in the habit of ignoring medical orders." Kara says dryly. Serron merely raises an eyebrow at her. Kara rolls her eyes. "Correction - you don't have to worry about me. This one here won't let me ignore medical orders. Ever. I think I got him to do it once."

"You did not give me a choice in the matter." Serron retorts. He stands from the bio bed and nods to Kirk and Spock before turning his attention to Spock Prime. "Lead the way." Spock Prime nods and leaves the med bay, Kara and Serron close behind him. McCoy shakes his head.

"He's rather emotional for a Vulcan." he says.

"Yes." Spock agrees. "I find it disquieting."

Kirk shrugs. "Maybe it's the result of being bonded to Kara. She doesn't seem the type to hold back anything."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Spock merely hums in reply. Kirk tilts his head. "It can't be that weird, Spock. Spock Prime is way more expressive, and you don't even bat an eye. Why so antsy with these two?"

"I cannot explain." Spock says after a pause. "I do not mean to be 'antsy', however, it will take some getting used to."

"If you say so." Kirk says, then sighs. "I really don't wanna do this holo-conference. Spock, you've got the bridge while I take care of the Admiral."

"As you wish, Captain. Might I ask what you're going to tell him?"

Kirk gives him a small grin. "Tell him what? That we've explored empty space and haven't found anything yet?"

Spock merely raises an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Kara stands by Spock Prime's door as the old Vulcan explains to Serron this new timeline he has found himself in. Serron frowns when he finishes. "Vulcan is gone?"

"It is. We believe the Serron that existed in this world died on Vulcan as well."

Serron's attention immediately snaps to Kara. "If I am gone - "

"There's no version of me here, either." Kara replies. "Whatever happened to you, I was never in Starfleet."

Serron's eyes narrow. "Then our presence here disturbs nothing. Or so I hope."

"Well, Spock has been here for a while, and nothing has happened to him or his alternate self." Kara says with a shrug. "Although why Q dropped us here, i dont know."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:26 am

((my turn to double post))

Kara sighs. "We need our own room." she says. "You need to meditate."

"My shields have been fractured." Serron admits. "It took me a while to find Q again."

Kara's eyes narrow, but she doesn't say what she should. She'll demand an explanation later, when there's no one else around to listen in. "I'll ask the captain when he gets done with his conference."

"Who is he speaking with?"

Kara's lip curls. "Komak."

Spock Prime watches as pure fury radiates from Serron's form before he regains control. Even then, he can't keep the shake out of his voice. "The admiral is here?"

"At Starfleet." Spock Prime is quick to correct. "I assure you, Kara is quite safe here. Jim does not like him any more than you two do."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:50 am

McCoy scoffs. "I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who does. Komack is not a a well-liked guy in Starfleet."

Serron gives McCoy a look. "What position does he hold here?"

Spock Prime and McCoy answer at the same time. "Admiral."

"He actually made it Admiralty?" Serron's voice holds a bit of shock.

"Yep." McCoy pops the 'p' at the end of the word. He starts to say more, then Jim comes storming into the medbay.

"Bones, remind me again why I put up with that massive piece of shit?" Jim asks, flopping into McCoy's desk chair.

"Because you're the captain, and you answer to the admiralty? You know, at a guess?" McCoy says, running a tricorder over Serron. "Why do you ask?"

"Because he's just ordered us back to Earth to face a tribunal for saving Earth. He apparently wants a play-by-play of our encounter with Khan." Kirk scowls.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:24 pm

McCoy snorts. "Gee, we only leveled half of San Francisco. Again. I can't understand why he would possibly want a by play of what happened." He examines his results. "Well, at least the radiation has gone away. Your mental scans are off the charts, especially for a Vulcan."

"I blame Q." Serron says bluntly. He pauses for a moment. "How long has Kara been here?"

"A few days." Kirk says. "Why?"

"It's been a few months to him." Kara says darkly.

Serron gives her a look. "And how would you know that."

She reaches out and taps his forehead. "Because a few days wouldn't do that to your shields, idiot."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 2   

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next