A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

This is Sabotage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Gunner snorts. "I sit on the sidelines more often than not nowadays." he points out. "I'm only head of Spec Ops in name only."

"S'not for lack of tryin' on mah part ta getcha out on th' field, either." Jazz murmurs. "Ya keep it up an' someone's gonna think they'll be able ta take th' position away from ya. 'Prolly by force."

"I wish them luck." Mirage says, not even looking up from the datapad. "Even if they thought that they could take the position, we'd hear any rumors and stomp them out before they even reached Gunner's audios."

"Ain't ya heard? The murmurin's already started - it's jus' a matter o' time before someone makes a shot."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Prowl tilts his helm to the side. "Who's doing the murmuring?" he asks.

Mirage shrugs. "Hell if we know. But we know they're out there. We just haven't been able to smoke them out yet."

"And when you do, you can't do anything about it." Gunner says rather dryly. "You kill the mech and Magnus will know it was you."

"Well, that's not the only option." Prowl muses. At Jazz's look, he continues. "The benefit of being mostly quiet is that when you do speak, mechs listen. No matter what you say."

It takes a moment, but Jazz gets it. "Ya mean ya take advantage and spread rumors or somethin'?"

"Rumors are obvious. I merely sew seeds of doubt."

"You must have been fun to deal with in the Academy." Gunner says with a laugh.

Prowl smiles. "Have you ever wondered why Hot Rod doesn't technically have a team of his own yet? Why he keeps getting passed over when he's clearly capable?"

Mirage bursts out laughing. "That was you?!"

"Of course, it won't last forever, but long enough to get my point across."
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27 am

((Insert timeskip here!))

Prowl walked into the rec room the next day, datapad in hand as he read. His head came up as two mechs passed him, talking to each other.

"Did you hear? Mirage and Jazz are at it again in the training room." The mech closest to Prowl asked his friend.

"Again? Isn't this the third time since they've been released from medical?" The other mech sighed. "Well, that means the training room's gonna be off-limits for a while until they repair it." The two mechs continued down the hall, chatting amicably, while Prowl about-faced and ran for the training room.

There was a bit of a crowd at the door, watching the two ops mechs spar - though it looked like they were trying to beat the ever-loving daylights out of each other. Jazz's visor was cracked, and dark, and Mirage didn't look much better. There was a split second's pause before both mechs moved again, clashing into each other with a flurry of punches, kicks, and insults.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:35 am

For a moment, Prowl debates the merits of trying to stop the fights. He figures that's not the best way to test his fighting skills compared to theirs. He's good, but he's not in an absolute foul mood and needing to take out his aggression on something like they are.

The mech standing next to him leans over. "You gonna do something, tac?"

Prowl shakes his head. "Not about this fight." he says quietly. "There's no point in stopping them now. They'll quit when they run out of energy."

That earns him a nod. "So whatcha gonna do?"

"I have an idea or two." Prowl says, helm titled to the side as the thinks. "Tell me, has Magnus reformatted the science wing for anything new yet?"

"Not to my knowledge. But I'm not science - you'd do better to ask Jack or someone."

"Okay. Thanks, mech." With that Prowl turns and leaves the room, making sure to comm medical and alert them to the situation before heading over to meet with Magnus.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:24 pm

The fight ends somewhat abruptly as both Mirage and Jazz collapse, panting. Mirage rolls his head to look over in Jazz's direction. "Better?"

"No." Comes the sour grumble, making Mirage snort.

"Well, we're both in the same boat then - all this fight did was piss me off more." Jazz makes a somewhat agreeing noise in the back of his vocalizer. "Next question, can you see out of your visor at all?"

"Bits an' pieces. Ya did some damage ta it, mech." Jazz groans as he sits up. "An' a fair amount ta th' rest o' meh as well." He rotates his shoulder and sighs when it pops back into place. "C'mon - we need ta hit th' infirmary."

"Again." Mirage mutters, hauling himself up.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Magnus sighs. "Again? Seriously? Why can't they just take breaks like normal mechs?"

Prowl has to hide his snort. "Permission to speak freely?"

"Of course."

"They're not normal mechs. Treating them like such is the dumbest thing you've done since assigning Firestar to be their tac officer." Magnus bristles, but Prowl continues. "They can't take breaks like this. It's not how they're wired. If you want them to relax and not destroy themselves and the training room, then you need to give them another alternative to training or running ops."

"And your alternative is a paintball game?"

Prowl smiles. It's a sharp little thing, gone almost before Magnus is certain he's seen it. "Exactly. It's relaxing, no one is actually getting hurt, and it can almost pass for training. Besides, it's not like you use the science wing."

"True enough." Magnus sighs. "Fine. But use Wheeljack. He needs something to do that's not blowing himself up with his experiments."

"Thank you." With that, Prowl offers a small bow and leaves the room.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 pm

It takes three days, but finally Wheeljack and Prowl manage to get everything ready. In those three days, Jazz and Mirage manage to not frag each other up even worse than they already have. If anything, the curiosity of what their tac officer is up to actually keeps them distracted enough that they don't really need to fight as much.

"Is it weird that it doesn't bother me that he's sneaking?" Mirage asks suddenly.

Jazz casts him a look over his energon. "Whaddya mean?"

"Anyone else, and I'd be paranoid as hell about what they're up to, but with Prowl - " Mirage shrugs. "It's just hard to imagine he has some nefarious purpose behind this."

"Yeah, Ah hear ya on that." Jazz admits. "Can't tell if that's a good thing or not."

"Speaking of our tac." Mirage looks over Jazz's helm and across the rec room. "Here he comes." Jazz looks behind him and flashes Prowl a smirk.

"Ya up ta somethin', mech?"

"I'm always up to something." Prowl retorts gamely. "It's how I keep from getting bored. But this time, I don't think anyone is going to run screaming." He motions for the two to follow him. "I have a surprise for you."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:59 am

Jazz and Mirage exchange a long look, but get up and follow Prowl anyway. Jazz shoots Prowl a crooked smile. "This ain' gonna get us killed, is it? 'Cause surprises ain' usually good things in our line 'o work."

Prowl grins. "I know. I'd pretend to be insulted, but I can understand your paranoia." he turns left towards the science wing, Jazz and Mirage right on his heels.

"Okay. I'll bite." Mirage says, looking around with interest. "What've you been doing down here? Tac and ops don't really come here. They tend to come to us."

"Wheeljack and I have been setting something up for you two." Prowl says a hair proudly. He keys open a door, and walks into a cavernous room, littered with barricades and obstacles. He grins as Jazz and Mirage look around, then back at him. He holds two guns out, and Jazz and Mirage take them, and inspect them. Jazz grins first.

"Paintball, mech? Yer havin' us play paintball?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:49 pm

"Essentially."

Mirage looks up from his weapon. "What's the catch?"

"Paint bombs. If you detonate one, you're out - and even I don't know how many or where they are." Prowl smiles at them. "So? What do you say?"

For a moment, Jazz and Mirage consider their weapons and the setup of the science wing. Mirage finally looks at Jazz and shrugs. "Hell mech, I'm in."

Jazz laughs. "Frag yes! Let's do it!"

Prowl's smile gets wider. "Then let's go. 10 seconds to scatter."

With that all three of them take off in different directions.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:46 pm

The mechs scatter across the room, ducking and weaving behind various obstacles. By the time the countdown to ten is finished, the room looks deserted. Then the lights go out, blacklights turning on instead.

"Well, frag." Jazz mutters. His paintjob stands out against most everything in the room. On the bright side, so does Prowl's. The one with the advantage is Mirage, who's darker than either of them.

"I like this change!" Mirage calls cheerfully from somewhere across the room.

"Enjoy it while ya can!" Jazz calls back, already moving towards the sound of Mirage's voice. He keeps low and quiet, audios on high, listening for any movement nearby. A quiet scuff sounds off to the left and behind, and he ducks behind another barricade, as Mirage passes him.

Pop! Pop!

Mirage jerks, gun coming up and firing before he's even finished turning around.

Pop!

Jazz's helm gets knocked forward as a paintball collides with the back of it. Jazz spins around, aiming at Prowl, who'd snuck up on him.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Prowl spins and takes off to the right, just as Jazz fires off a few rounds. Jazz misses, but Mirage manages to hit him square in the chassis. Prowl yelps. "Hey!"

"Your fault for picking the blacklights!" Mirage retorts, laughing the entire time.

Prowl can't help but laugh as well. "In my defense, they were Wheeljack's idea." He pokes his head up from over his barricade and fires off a few rounds. Judging from the swearing, he hit Mirage at least once. Then Jazz manages to hit him in the doorwing. Prowl laughs and darts off to find a new hiding place.

Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Jazz takes off, darting between barricades and little hidey-holes, some of which he fixes in his memory. There's a loud bang from across the room, and Mirage starts to swear.

"I think I found a bomb." He calls, prompting both Prowl and Jazz to stand properly to take a look. The sight sends Jazz into fits of hysterical laughter.

All he could see of Mirage is his gold optics, blinking through lime green paint. They narrow as Jazz continues to laugh, and the gun whips up, popping twice and hitting Jazz in the head.

"OW! Yer out, Raj! That don' count!" The whine in Jazz's voice makes Prowl crack up, who'd managed not to laugh at Mirage. "Shut yer faceplates, Prowler!"

"I didn't say anything!"

"Yer laughin' at me!"

"And Mirage. Don't forget that." Prowl says with a grin. "By the way, Jazz? You've got paint dripping down your visor."

"Ah know."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Jazz grins wickedly. "By th' way, Prowler?" Prowl arches an optic ridge, then yelps as Jazz opens fire at him. Surprisingly, he only gets hit a few times. He takes off across the room.

There's another loud bang, followed by an explosion of neon green paint. Prowl yelps as he tumbles across the room, coming up into a crouch. He flicks his doorwings. "I'm good!"

"How th' hell did that miss ya?!"

"Dumb luck!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:57 am

"How long am I out?" Mirage demands, still standing where he was. Jazz and Prowl pop up again, and Mirage's mouth twitches.

Prowl considers briefly, ducking when Jazz opens fire again. "Ten minutes. That'll do, I think." Then he disappears again, hunting Jazz down.

/---/

A few hours later, the three emerge from the science wing, covered in neon green, purple, blue, and red paint.

Gunner actually has to reset his optics and take another look. Mirage and Jazz look more relaxed than they have in days. Prowl is keeping pace with the other two, standing behind Jazz just off to the left.

With a small grin, Gunner goes back to what he was doing, fairly sure that Prowl'll take care of his team.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:45 pm

They're drawing stares as the three ops mechs get their energon and commandeer a table. Prowl merely ignores them and focuses on his team. This is the most relaxed he's seen them yet.

Point to him.

Jazz nudges him with a foot. "Credit fer yer thoughts?"

"It never occurred to me to ask Wheeljack if this was washable paint."

The looks of horror that cross Jazz and Mirage's faceplates has Prowl cracking up laughing. Mirage kicks him under the table. "That was mean!"

"Only because you didn't see it!" Prowl laughs. "That was awesome!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:51 am

"Tha' wasn' nice, Prowler." Jazz mutters into his cube of energon. "Ya've got a mean streak."

"So I've been told." Prowl says with a grin. "I just don't get to show it often."

"Huh." Jazz shrugs and goes back to his energon. Mirage stretches back over the back of his seat, sighing in satisfaction when the struts in his back snap into place audibly.

"Better. What gave you the idea for the paintball game, and when are we gonna do it again?" he asks, tilting his head in curiosity.

"Well, putting you two on enforced leave is kind of idiotic, because you two aren't regular soldiers. You need to be doing something productive, and if not productive, then something to keep you from tearing yourselves and the base to shreds. Thus, paintball. It feels like you're training, the pellets don't hurt, and it keeps you from using your fists." Prowl smiles slightly. "Win-win."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:57 pm

"As ta when we can do it again?" Jazz asks hopefully.

Prowl grins. "Give Wheeljack a day or two to rearrange the room. And add more paint bombs."

"I still don't know how you managed to avoid that." Mirage says with a grin.

Prowl merely shrugs. "I'm that damn good."

Jazz laughs and kicks him under the table. "Ya ain' better than me! Ah didn' even detonate any of 'em!"

Gunner and Magnus watch the group. Gunner grins. "Looks like he's good for them."

Magnus nods. "Apparently so. Wonder if he's good enough to be worth the fuss Optimus is gonna put up in two months to get him back?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Gunner grins. "I think so. Besides, just try sending him away. Jazz'll go get him and bring him back. You can't really kidnap the willing."

---/

"Mah audios are burnin'." Jazz mutters, glancing over at where Gunner and Magnus sit. "They're talkin' about us."

"Don't they do that on a fairly regular basis?" Prowl asks.

"Yeah, but it's usually behind closed doors." Mirage says with a grin. "We don't get to see it happening."

Jazz twists in his seat to grin at Magnus and Gunner. "Yo! Go gossip like little ol' femmes in yer office!"

"Jazz!" Mirage kicks him under the table, making the other mech yelp. "Can you maybe not do that?"

"What? Ah'm one of maybe five mechs who can! Imma make th' most of it!"

"Call me a little old femme, again, I dare you." Magnus says, raising an optical ridge. "You'll be riding the desk for a month."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:43 pm

"Please don't do that to one of the only mechs around that can keep up with me in paintball." Prowl says calmly. "That would make this base really boring."

There's a brief moment of silence, then Gunner bursts out laughing. "Hell yeah, mech - we're keepin' you." Prowl salutes him with his energon cube.

"You don't think I'm entertaining enough to make up for Jazz?" Mirage asks.

"Sorry, but no." Prowl teases.

"I'd be offended, but it's true. I don't have his ADD."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is Sabotage   

Back to top Go down

This is Sabotage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Transformers-