RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chasing Ghosts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Dean Winchester stood just outside of the hotel, breath steaming in the early morning cold. Sam was inside sleeping peacefully for the first time in weeks, and Dean intended to keep it that way. It had been the month from Hell, almost literally.

He sighed and took a drink of his beer. Hopefully Sam would stay asleep for a while longer. They still had a few hours before dawn.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Sam groaned and staggered to the small bathroom. He knew Dean was probably at the local bar, drinking and musing. He sighed and got dressed, pulling his jacket on and headed out the door.

As an afterthought, he grabbed a small silver dagger. It never hurt to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Dean looked over to the side. "Where are you going?"

Sam jumped. "Geez, Dean!"

That earned him a laugh. "What? Thought I was going to leave ya?"

"Well, I thought you were at the bar."

"Nope. Just out here." Dean held up a beer. "Want one?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:32 am

"Please." Sam took the offered beer and leaned against the wall next to Dean.

Dean glanced at him. "So, any ideas where to start looking?"

Sam shrugged. "Cas could be anywhere, Dean. Have you tried calling him?"

Dean nodded once. "Yeah. He didn't answer."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Sam glanced at him. "That hurts, doesn't it?"

Dean sighed. "Not as much as knowing this is my fault."

"Dean - "

"It is. Don't try to say otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Sam glared at Dean. "It is not. And if you continue with the pity party, I'll slug you."

"Tell me how it's not."

"You tried to talk him out of it!"

"And I failed, Sammy."

"Dean, you can't be expected to save everyone. This is something Cas has to deal with. We'll help if we can, but it all depends on him."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Dean refused to look at Sam. "Maybe if I had listened - if I had talked to him - "

Sam cut him off. "You were there. Do you think he didn't know that we would drop everything and help him if he would just ask? Hell, you even offered enough!"

Dean shook his head and smirked. "You're not gonna win this one, Sammy."

"Don't make me deck you - I will."

"Wouldn't be the first time someone beat some sense into me."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Sam sighed again and thunked the back of his head against the wall. "Dean, I swear - "

The sound of rustling feathers drew their attention to the right. Gabe wandered up to the two of them and swiped the beer out of Sam's hand.

Sam stared at the Archangel. "Gabe? You're alive?"

"And kicking, Sammy." Gabe said with a smirk. "Miss me?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:40 pm

"Scarily enough, yes." Sam said, sounding stunned.

Dean looked about as shell-shocked as Sam was. Any thoughts he had about this being a set-up had been immediately erased by the cocky smirk on Gabe's face. You couldn't really fake something like that, no matter how good you were. "Who brought you back?" he demanded instead.

Gabe grinned. "Who do you think?"

Sam choked. "God?"

"Yeah. The real one, I might add." Gabe took a drink. "So - you guys planning on killing Castiel or saving him?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Sam snagged his beer back. "Saving him, if we can. We have to find him first."

Gabe leveled a suddenly serious look at them. "What if he doesn't want to be saved?"

Dean met his stare. "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. We just want our friend back."

Gabe grinned. "Well then, it's a good thing you've got me. I can help."

"You can?"

"Yeah. Cas may hate me for it, but I can."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Dean tensed. "What do you mean by that?"

Gabe sighed. "Cas is your friend, but he's my little brother. Even if I am a sucky big brother. He may not want to be saved, but I'll be damned if I don't try." He leveled them with a serious look. "I can help you find him."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Sam nodded. "We appreciate it, Gabe."

Gabe waved a dismissive hand. "Fwah. Don't worry about it.

Dean glanced sideways at Sam. Gabe caught the look. "By the way, I heard your little argument."

Dean stiffened. "And?"

"Sammy's right, Dean-o. It's not your fault. No one could talk him out of it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Dean opened his mouth to protest, but Gabe cut him off. "No. Once Crowley showed up, nothing could have stopped him."

"I'm gonna gank that demon." Dean growled.

"If you'd like."

"So how do we find Cas?" Sam asked.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:05 pm

Gabe grinned and tapped Sam on the nose, making him blink. "You don't. I'll find him and drag him here, if I have to. Or, he'll come to me."

"What makes you so sure he'll want to see you?"

Gabe's smirk re-appeared. "Hello? Trickster? He knows I'm alive and kicking. He'll want to make sure it's me."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:09 pm

"He'll want to know who brought you back." Dean clarified.

"Most likely." Gabe said. "So, I'm gonna go find dear little Cas - or what's left of him. You two better get some sleep. I'll bring him back. Scouts honor." With that he vanished.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:18 pm

Sam sighed and turned to Dean. "Come on, Dean. We're not much use right now."

Dean nodded once. "Yeah."

"Gabe'll bring Cas, Dean."

"I know. I hate feeling useless, Sammy." Dean muttered so quietly Sam almost didn't hear it.

"Dean, we're doing all we can. Unfortunately, we're not angels." Sam said wryly.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Dean nodded, staring at the spot where Gabe had stood.

"Neither is Cas."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Sam sighed again before following Dean into the hotel room.

Dean flopped onto his bed and stared up at the ceiling. "Do you thnk Cas'll answer if I yell?"

"Doubt it. Give it a shot though. What's the worst that can happen?"

"I look like an idiot?"

"Meh. We always do."

"True."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Dean took a deep breath. "Cas!" he yelled at the top of his voice. "C'mon, Cas, what's the most we can do to you - spit? I just wanna talk!"

Sam looked around and sighed. "Worth a shot."

Dean looked away, fighting back tears.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Sam clenched his jaw as Dean paced to the other side of the room. He looked around the room, not really expecting to see Cas.
there.

Dean leaned against the counter, his back to Sam, as he stared down at the counter top. Sam stood and laid a hand on Dean's shoulder, not surprised to find him trembling slightly.

"Dean?"

Dean lifted a hand to signal to give him a moment.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Dean hated crying. It always seemed to make him hurt more - headaches sucked, after all - but he already felt like he was being scrubbed raw. He took a deep, shuddering breath. Casting Sam a glance, he tilted his head back and closed his eyes. "Find a happy place, find a happy place . . "

Sam chuckled. "Your powers of sarcasm have no affect on me." he teased lightly.

"Well, damn."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Sam gave Dean a playful shove. "Well, I hate to break it to you, Dean. .."

Dean grinned. "Then don't."

"But I get the Impala when you get too old to drive." Sam said with a laugh.

"Oh, heck no! You leave my baby alone!"

"She'll be fine!" Sam grinned, glad that his obviously transparent efforts to distract Dean were kind of working.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:10 am

"Like I trust you with my baby!" Dean couldn't help but smile. At least he no longer felt like he was going to break. "I still remember trying to teach you to drive."

"That was an accident."

"Your point?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:12 am

So, I'm able to drive her now." Sam smirked. "After all, you are getting on in years."

"You calling me old?"

"You said it, not me."

"All right, Sasquatch. I'm taking you down."

"Oooh, I'm so scared." Sam said with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:15 am

Dean grinned and immediately wrapped Sam in a headlock. "Gotcha!"

Sam, being the limber Sasquatch that he was, dropped to his knees and successfully flipped Dean off of him. "Nope!" he laughed. "Try again!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chasing Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chasing Ghosts
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Supernatural-
Jump to: