RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chasing Ghosts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 8:19 am

Ellen and Jo peel out, Dean right on their tail. They speed through the little town, heading for a hotel that's just on the other side of the town, but far enough away that if something should happen, the collateral damage would be minimal.

Ellen pulls in and parks, the Impala parking next to her truck. Dean and Sam climb out, and catch the room keys she tosses them. Ellen grins. "We've been here for a few hours, so we figured we'd get your rooms. I don't know how you're gonna divvy them up, but all of our rooms are connected through a door. It seemed easiest."

Dean grins. "What lie did you tell them to get those rooms?"

"I told them you're my kids. Why else do you think they agreed."

Sam carefully lifts Gabe out of the Impala, Cas climbing out after him. Jo walks over and gives Cas a once-over before giving him a tight hug.

"Welcome back, Cas."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Cas stiffens, but slowly hugs Jo back. "I - thank you."

Sam chuckles. He's carrying Gabe in his arms, and Ellen sniggers right back. "It's not nice to mock the socially awkward angel, Sam." she teases.

"If I had a hand free, I would flick you off." Sam retorts. Dean sniggers.

"Come on, Sammy. Let's get these guys inside before the demons figure out where we are."

"Good idea." Jo guides them up the stairs to their rooms, Ellen helping Sam maneuver Gabe, and Dean and Cas supporting each other up the stairs.

"We'll be safe here." Dean tells the angel. "You can sleep."

Cas gives him a look. "You don't even believe that."

"Dammit. Since when did you get good at knowing when I'm lying?

"I'm an angel, I've always known."
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 7:02 pm

Sam shoots Ellen a grin. "Can I mock the socially awkward couple in the next room?"

"Can I mock you and Gabriel?" Ellen asks with a grin.

"No. 'Cause Gabe and I aren't a couple." Sam says, laying Gabe down on one of the beds.

Ellen snorts. "Not yet."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Ellen sighs. "And you're supposed to be the smart one. Figure it out." with that, she leaves Sam in the room with Gabe.

Sam looks down at the angel. "I blame you for this."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 9:43 am

Ellen pokes her head into Dean and Cas's room, and has to bite her fist to keep from laughing. Dean is stretched out on the bed, the TV on low, and Cas is curled up into the hunter's side, hands gripping his coat. Dean grins at her. "If you're going to laugh, laugh quietly. He finally fell asleep."

Ellen nods and sits on the opposite bed. "I guess you two finally stopped dancing around each other?"

"I have. Haven't told him yet."

"Why not?"

Dean sighs. "With everything that's happening, I really don't think he needs to be dealing with me and my feelings."

Ellen sighs. "Between you and your brother - "

"Hey, I'm not denying anything like Sam is." Dean sniggers. "I gave that up a long time ago."

"No, you just won't do anything about it."

"Not right now. I just got him back.'
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Sam passes Ellen in the hall, Ellen squeezing his bicep before disappearing into the room she's sharing with Jo. Sam pokes his head into Dean's room. "Hey. Mind if I come in?"

"Come on in. Just keep it down to a dull roar." Dean says, nodding at the sleeping angel next to him. Sam grins.

"Gabe's passed out in the other room. He didn't twitch when we moved from the Impala to the room."

"I'm not surprised. Something like that apparently takes a lot out of a guy, even if he's an angel." Dean says. "Would you grab me some water? I'd get it myself, but - "

Sam laughs. "Yeah, I got it. You're not going anywhere for the next little while. Are you sure you should be drinking anything? What if you gotta go to the bathroom?"

"I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm thirsty."

Sam snorts as he hands Dean a cup. "I'll avoid the obvious comment for now."

"Thank you. I'd hate to have to wake Cas just so I can kick your ass."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:11 am

Dean takes a gulp of water and eyes Sam. "You gonna stay in here?"

Sam considers for a moment, then shakes his head. "No. I think Gabe might freak out if he wakes up alone."

Dean nods. "Good man."

That earns him a glare. "You getting in on playing matchmaker too?"

"Nope. I have my hands full with managing my own angel, I don't need to get involved with you and yours." the eldest retorts. "But you can't deny that dude has it bad for you."

"This is Gabe we're talking about. He has it bad for anyone breathing."

"Not like he does for you." Dean shoots back.

Sam sighs. "Dean, I know. I'm just not saying anything until I know I feel the same. I don't wanna hurt the guy."

Dean studies him for a moment, then nods and takes another drink of water. "I raised you well, Sammy."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Sam laughs. "Better than our old man did, at any rate."

Dean merely grins and takes a another drink. "I'll accept that." his head turns. "Hey, I think our archangel is waking up. I hear movement in the other room."

"How can you -"

"Your beds are pushed against the wall I'm against. Also, the walls are thin." Dean says, rapping a knuckle on it for emphasis. A tap responds, and he grins. "Also, proof."

Sam laughs as he stands. "Fair enough. Let me know when Cas - oof!" he grunts when Gabe's weight appears on his back. "Well, I was gonna go check on him, but now I don't have to." he turns his head to look at Gabe. "Hi."

"Yo. I couldn't find you." Gabe mutters into Sam's shoulder. "Just wanted to make sure you're okay."

Sam laughs quietly. "I'm fine. I was just giving Dean a hard time."

There's a noncommittal sound from the vicinity of his shoulder. Dean bites his lip to keep from laughing.

Sam shoots Dean a grin. "I'm gonna go put him back to bed. Need anything before I leave?"

Dean laughs. "Nah, I'll be fine. Get some rest, Sammy."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Dean smiles as he watches Sam guide a very tired Gabe back to their room.  Castiel shifts beside him, snuggling closer and tightening his grip, and Dean chuckles helplessly.

"Dude, I'm not a teddy bear." he teases quietly.  Still, it's good to have the angel close again, to have him home.  His family is back together again.

Then he hears the sound of nails scraping on the floor.  His blood runs cold.  It's just outside his door, but he knows what it is.  He takes a shaky breath.

"Oh, please, tell me I'm dreaming."

Sam taps on the wall between their rooms.  So he hears it too.  So much for a dream.  He reaches over and shakes Cas's shoulder.  "Dude, we've got problems.  Wake up."

((Sorry!))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 12:46 am

Sam swears as he spins toward the door to his and Gabe's room. He jerks away from Gabe's grip, and runs towards his gear. He grabs his containter of rock salt and draws a line of it across the door leading outside. By now Gabe has sat up and is giving him a curious look.

"What's happening?"

Sam doesn't look up from where he's finishing the line. "Hellhounds are outside. Ellen! Do you guys need salt?"

"No, we're good! Check on Dean!" Ellen calls back. There's the sound of Ellen racking shotgun shells into place.

Sam bolts into Dean's room. Dean's on his feet, and glaring at the door. "Your door sealed?"

"Yeah, so's Ellen's."

"We need a way out. Got any ideas?"

Sam thinks. "We could open the door and salt it as we go - have the door open but a line across the threshold. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that we might get attacked as we do it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 12:59 am

Dean nods. "Sounds like a plan to me."

"You sure we won't get shredded?" Jo asks.

Dean flashes her a grin. "We're Winchesters, we don't die. We just go to hell and regroup."

Sam blinks. "That is disturbingly accurate. Don't say that again."

Dean shakes his head. "I'll cover you. Go." Sam nods as he and Ellen set to work on the door. Dean holds up his shotgun at the ready and glances over at Cas.

He hasn't even twitched, although the angel's brows are furrowed. "Come on, Cas." he whispers. "If we need to run, I can't carry you like this."

"Gabe is still out cold too." Jo says from his side, her own shotgun ready. "We can't go anywhere."

Dean grimaces. "Great. What are the chances Crowley shows up now?"

"Please don't jinx us."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 1:05 am

Sam grabs the salt. "Just for that, once we're done salting the door, and I'm somewhat sure we're safe, I'm coming over there and punching you." he mutters. "Okay. Start opening the door slowly."

Ellen nods and starts, her shoulder braced against the hellhound trying to force the door wider. As the door inches open, Sam starts drawing the salt line, sheltering behind the door as the hound snaps at where his head had been. It takes a while, but they get it done, the door open but the line keeping the hounds out. Sam high-fives Ellen.

"Nice work."

"You too, kiddo." She says cheerfully as she aims her gun. "Cover your ears, boys." Sam covers his ears, thanking whoever's listening that he'd left Gabe in the other room. Dean shoves earplugs into his own ears before running and covering Cas's.

Ellen fires, the round tearing into one of the hounds. She grins wickedly. "How do you like those?! Those are made just for you, you mangy mutts!"

Another shot, and another yelp as blood flies on the air.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 1:15 am

Cas jerks under Dean's hands. Dean can tell immediately that he's still not up to par - much, much better, but not there yet - and Sam's swearing makes him realize that Gabe is at least somewhat awake, too. Cas reaches up and grabs Dean's wrists.

"It's okay, but I need to help Ellen."

Cas shakes his head. "Crowley." he whispers. "He's coming."

Dean grits his teeth. "Shit." He takes Cas's hands and places them over his ears. "We're getting out of here, okay?" Cas nods. Dean grabs his gun and joins Ellen at the door.

"What's going on?"

"I hate being right."

"See, now i really get to hit you." Sam mutters. "Now what?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 1:47 am

"Crowley's coming. We can feel him." Gabe stands in the doorway, pale, but awake. Sam moves over and slings Gabe's arm over his shoulder. "We need to leave. Cas and I are somewhat better, but we're not up to fighting Crowley. We're not strong enough."

Dean meets Sam's eyes and nods. "Ellen, Jo, get us out of here."

Jo and Ellen swap vicious smiles, and Jo steps up next to her mom, shotgun shells racking into place. "With pleasure, boys." As gunfire fills the room, Sam leads Gabe to the bed, and sets him down. "I gotta grab our gear. We don't want to be weaponless when Crowley catches up."

"Be fast, Sammy." Dean says, pulling Cas upright. Sam runs into the other room, grabs the two backpacks, and darts back. He grabs Gabe and pulls him up.

"C'mon. Let's get outta here. Lead the way, ladies."

Ellen moves forward, Sam and Dean behind her with Jo covering the back. It's slow going, but they make it to the cars. Ellen looks at the boys. "There's a field a few miles back. What I want you two to do is find somewhere safe to hole up. Your boys still need rest."

"Then come with us. We're not splitting up." Dean says flatly.

"Dean - " Ellen starts.

"No."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 8:37 pm

"Dean, we don't have time to argue about this." Ellen snaps.  "Your boys won't get any better if you're constantly being hunted, and Jo and I can at least get some of the pack off your back."

"I'm not sacrificing you to save my ass!" Dean snaps back.

"It's not saving your ass." Ellen retorts.  "It's saving Sam, and Gabe, and Cas.  Besides, who said anything about a sacrifice?  We'll be waiting for you on Bourbon Street."  With that Ellen and Jo get in their car and drive away.  Sam looks at Dean.

"What do we do?"

Dean looks at his little brother, and then the angels in the backseat.  They both have fallen asleep again, Cas resting his head on Gabe's shoulder.  Dean grits his teeth.

"We hide.  And when this is over, I'm gonna kick Ellen's ass."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 2:42 am

Sam snorts as he slides into the passenger seat. "Yeah, if she doesn't kick yours first for trying."

Dean slams the door slightly harder than he intended to, making both the angels in the back jerk awake, grace flaring around their hands. He gives them an apologetic smile. "Sorry, guys."

Cas nods and rests his head back on Gabe's shoulder, Gabe's head falling to rest on top as both angels relax again. Sam snickers briefly. "They're too tired to be mad at you. I'm somewhat impressed and a little worried."

"We've had a long week, and it's only getting longer." Dean mutters sourly.

Sam sighs as the Impala moves away from the hotel. "That's true. My question is, where are we supposed to go? The nearest hideout we've got is two hours away."

"We go there. Ellen and Jo will meet us on Bourbon Street when Cas and Gabe are back to full strength. Tell them we're headed to the safehouse, just in case."

"You got it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 9:18 am

Sam sends Jo a text message while Dean checks the gas gauge. He groans. "Man, this is going to suck."

"No gas?"

"Not enough to get to the safehouse." Dean bites his lip. "Okay. There's a gas station six blocks away. We'll head there, and then haul ass for the safehouse."

Sam nods. "We'll be backtracking."

"I'd rather do that than die." He glances at the rearview mirror, at the two sleeping angels they're trying to protect, and Sam nods again. He reaches into the floorboard and pulls up his shotgun.

"Then let's do this."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 pm

They pull into the gas station without incident, both hunters sliding out as Dean swipes his credit card and opens the gas tank and begins fueling. The soft click of nails on pavement has both of them leaping into action, Sam racking shells into place, and Dean pulling a canister of salt out and drawing a very hasty circle around the car and pump.

Gabe's head lifted and turned to stare at them. "Crowley's coming. He didn't follow Ellen and Jo." he says, just loudly enough for them to hear. Dean replaces the nozzle. "Sam, we're out of here. Let's go."

Sam runs around to the passenger side, and slides in as Dean floors it. "Hang a left at this intersection. That'll cut some time off our trip."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I studied the map of the area. It'll spit us out on the road we need to get to the safehouse."

"You got it." Dean puts his foot down.

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Dean glances at the rearview mirror. "You awake back there, Gabe?"

"Somewhat." Gabe replies. "A few more hours and I'll be good. Why?"

"Hang on to Cas. I'm not slowing down for anything."

Gabe nods and tightens his grip on Cas just as Dean flies through the turn at the intersection. Cas, thankfully, doesn't even twitch. Dean glances up again. "He good?"

"Yeah. Just get to the safehouse, Dean. I've got Cas."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 2:43 am

Sam glances into the backseat to check on the angels. Gabe gives Sam a tired smile. "We're okay. You two concentrate on getting us safe."

Sam turns his attention back to the road. "Turn right here." he barely gets the words out when Dean cranks the wheel and screeches around the corner, Sam gripping the bar above his head, his head whipping around to look out the back window. "We've got hounds. Can you hold the car steady?"

"Depends. Are there any turns?"

"No - it's a straight shot from here. I need to take care of our friends here." Sam says, rolling the window down and pulling his shotgun out.

"Be careful, Sammy."

Sam grins. "I always am, you know that."

"Bullshit." Dean says flatly, and floors it.

Gabe gave Sam a stare. "You're planning on hanging out the window again, aren't you?" he accuses.

"Yeah, kinda." Sam says, already beginning to lean out the window. Gabe swears and sets Cas on the seat, leaning forward to grab Sam's jeans, anchoring him to the car.

"You're suicidal!"

"Nope. Just more badass than most. Hush and let me concentrate." Sam says, already firing at the hounds chasing them.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:02 am

Dean can't help but grin as Sam starts knocking off the hounds on his side of the car. But there are five coming up on his side, where Sam can't reach without falling out of the car, and he only has his pistol.

"Gabe, hold on to him!"

A hound slams into the driver's side of the car, shattering the window. Teeth latch into his arm, and Dean can't help but scream in pain even as he tries to maneuver his gun to shoot the thing. The hound jerks, and so does the car. Dean swears. Gabe wraps one arm around Sam's hips, anchoring him even further.

There's a blinding white light, and the hound lets go. Cas has his hand on Dean's shoulder, the other hand stretched out to the window. "That should keep them back for a few minutes." he says quietly.

"You okay?" Dean demands.

Cas gives him a look. "I'm not the one that just got bit by a hellhound."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Sam picks the rest of the hounds off that he can see, and slides back into the Impala. Cas is healing the bite on Dean's arm, and Gabe is glaring at Sam. Sam ignores the glare and looks over at Dean. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, Cas is fixing me up. You all right?" Dean says with a slight grin, glancing over at Sam before focusing on the road.

"I'm fine. Or, I am for now. I suspect I'm in some pretty deep trouble with our resident archangel." Sam says with a grin.

There's the faint sounds of muttering coming from Gabriel's general vicinity, but Sam ignores that with practiced ease. He's had lots of practice thanks to Dean. "The safe house should be straight ahead."

"Good. I don't like walking around with a target on our backs." Dean growls. "And I'm officially a cat person now, I hate dogs."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 10:17 am

Cas finishes the job and leans back. Dean catches his wrist and squeezes it quickly in silent thanks before letting go. It makes Cas smile just a bit.

Gabe practically rolls his eyes. And Cas teases him about his crush on Sam!

They make it to the safehouse without any further incident. Dean sighs as he puts the Impala in park. "Thank God - a breather."

"Yeah, those demon attacks get old after a while." Sam teases. The four of them get out of the car. The angels for once don't stagger - they really are getting better - but Gabe stands a lot closer to Sam than is necessary. Sam allows it. Dean just thinks it's cute.

Especially since Cas is doing the same thing to him.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 10:33 am

Sam eyes the ground speculatively. "Think we should put a salt line down, just in case?"

Now Dean's thinking about it too. "Might not be a bad idea, though it'd take a while to salt the entire area."

"I meant around the house, Dean." Sam says with just a little exasperation.

Dean grins and goes to open the trunk. "How far out should the circle go?"

"About halfway down the driveway in front, and as close as we can in back. We're gonna need room for Ellen and Jo's vehicle when they get here, and I don't want any nasty surprises coming in from the back."

"Good idea." With that, both Winchesters grab a bag of salt and begin laying the circle. Gabe and Cas move to the front door, watching them like hawks.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Cas considers the building. "We could add our own protection to it." he says. Gabe nods.

"Good idea. Let's get the chalk." The two of them start drawing protection symbols in Enochian on the walls and door while Sam and Dean salt the outside. The hunters finish before the angels do. Sam whistles.

"Trying to bomb proof the place?" he asks.

Gabe smiles. "I want to sleep without being disturbed tonight."

"Good point." Dean grabs a piece of chalk. "Tell me what to do."

And the angels show the hunters how to draw warding charms in Enochian.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Gabe finishes the last ward with a flourish. "There. That ought to keep them chasing their tails for a while."

Sam looks around and nods in appreciation. "Nice. Does anyone remember what it's like grabbing a decent amount of sleep? 'Cause I sure don't."

"You're about to be reminded. I'm still tired." Gabe says, wandering down the hall towards the bedrooms. "I call dibs on this one."

Dean grins and sits down, kicking his shoes off and stretching. "Fine. But if I hear any banging in there, I'm coming in and shooting you."

"Cas won't let you!" Gabe sing-songs from the other room.

Cas and Sam snort as one. "More to the point - Dean wouldn't shoot him anyway." Sam stage-whispers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Ghosts   Chasing Ghosts - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chasing Ghosts
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Supernatural-
Jump to: