A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kaku Ren Bo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Kurama nodded. "I agree."

There was a scream from below. Kurama flinched. Hiei glanced at him. "Are you okay?"

"I just had a thought."

"What?"

"What do we do if Suiichi won the game?" Kurama demanded. "I don't think I can go a second round with that demon."

"And you're not going to." Hiei snarled. "We'll burn that bridge when we get there."
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Hiei laid a hand on Kurama's arm. "Wait." his head turned, eyes narrowed. "We're going the wrong way."

"How can you tell?" Kurama asked, looking around.

"My internal compass is screaming at me. I can't really explain it." Hiei said, turning to the right. "This way."

"Following you." Kurama said with a slight shrug. "I'm not going to argue."

Hiei snorted briefly. "The Detective said something similar earlier."

"He did?"

"Yep." Hiei's eyes were still narrowed as he ran. "Turn left."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Kurama did as he was told. "They had the foresight to rearrange the city. That means they're waiting for us."

"I really don't like that implication." Hiei muttered.

Kurama's head snapped to the left. "Down!" he shouted. Hiei hit the deck at the same time that Kurama threw a seed at the little demon. The seed exploded into a plant and latched on. The demon-thing screamed.

"How did it get up here!" Hiei demanded.

Kurama grinned. "Those aren't the same demons we faced last time. That one had spirit energy."

Slowly, Hiei grinned as well. "We can kill them."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Hiei drew his sword, grinning as they ran. They encountered another small demon, and Hiei's blade cut through him like he was nothing. Hiei grinned wider. "I'm liking this change."

Kurama chuckled. "I can only imagine."

They managed to reach the center of the city, Kurama scanning the boardwalks below. "That little girl is down there."

"She's not who we're here for. Let's get your brother and get out. All the other spaces are empty." Hiei commented, scanning the top of the tower.

"Let's." Kurama and Hiei moved, leaping from roof to roof until they reached where Suiichi was held. Suiichi's eyes were wide, and they locked onto Kurama. Kurama rose a finger to his lips, signalling that he should be quiet.

Hiei landed next to him, pulling the mask off so that the kid could recognize him. Kurama landed next to Hiei. "Hey, kiddo. We're going to get you out, but you have to be quiet, okay?"

Suiichi nodded. "Okay."

Hiei glanced at Kurama. "You know what I have to do."

"I know."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Kurama turned to Suiichi. "This is going to hurt, a lot. You need to stay as quiet as possible, okay?" Suiichi nodded. Hiei got a good grip on the wires, but before he could pull, they heard a voice from below.

"One, two, three"

That same damn singsong.

"Four, five, six"

Hiei grabbed Kurama's arm. "No."

"If she sends one of her minions up here - "

"No! You heard Shiori. No heroics."

Kurama rolled his eyes. "I'm alpha! It's what I do!"

"Seven, eight, nine"

Without giving Hiei time to respond, Kurama pulled his arm free and dropped down to stand in front of the girl.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:55 pm

"Your mother is going to murder me!" Hiei growled. He glanced down at Suiichi, and ripped a piece of his cloak off. "Bite down on this, and try to stay as still as possible, all right?"

Suiichi's eyes widened, and he nodded. Before he bit down on the cloth, his gaze flicked down. "Is he going to be okay?"

"He'll be fine. Kurama's strong, don't worry." Hiei motioned for him to bite down on the cloth. "And I'm sorry for this." Once Hiei was sure Suiichi was ready, he gripped the wires, and jerked. Hard.

Suiichi's teeth bit down on the cloth hard, and a muffled scream escaped before he screwed his eyes shut. Hiei kept muttering apologies as he heated his hand and pressed it to the bleeding wound. "Kurama, I need you up here - he's squirming, and I can't hold him down and get the light out of his chest at the same time."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Kurama winced. "You'll have to give me a moment." he said. "Need to lose her."

Hiei glanced down. Kurama took off to the left, the girl following quickly, giggling the entire time. He winced. "Be careful, fox."

Suiichi was crying silently. Hiei continued to remove wires as gently as he could, holding the boy in place with one hand. Suddenly Kurama appeared beside him. "That ought to keep her chasing her tail for a few minutes."

"You suck. I hate you."

"Love you too, dragon."[i]
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Kurama knelt next to Suiichi, and gave him a reassuring smile. "Hey - look at me. Don't pay attention to what Hiei's doing, okay?"

Suiichi nodded, his eyes glued to Kurama, his hand reaching out and grabbing Kurama's. Kurama glanced at Hiei and nodded. "Quickly. I don't know how long we have before she figures out I'm not down there."

Hiei drew his sword, and with a mental apology, began to cut the light out of Suiichi's chest. Kurama winced as the grip on his hand became painful. Hiei's slight exhalation signaled that the light was out, and that he was cauterizing the wound. Hiei stood upright.

"Let's go. If we're leaving, we should have been gone yesterday." he said, jerking his head toward the horizon.

Kurama nodded, and gently lifted Suiichi, cradling him. "Let's get out of here. The sooner, the better. Can you watch our backs?"

"Of course. You worry about your brother." Hiei leaped off the tower, Kurama right behind him.

There was a roar, and the sound of heavy footfalls behind them. Kurama gripped Suiichi tighter.

"Hiei - slow him down!"

"On it!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Hiei knew they weren't going to outrun that thing. Not with an injured human slowing them down. Kurama couldn't run as fast as Hiei on the best of days, much less with dead weight draped across his shoulders. So he did the next best thing.

He flitted back until his back was pressed against Kurama's. "Keep going." he ordered, and fired up his Jagan. Flames lept up around him, forming a cirlce that moved as they did. It set everything around them ablaze, and the stone demon couldn't get through it. It stayed outside Hiei's ring and roared in fury.

"How long can you keep that up?"

"Long enough."
Hiei assured him.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Kurama smiled briefly. "Taking your word for it."

"You kind of have to, Fox."
Hiei said dryly. "This is easier for me to use since it doesn't take that much energy, and I'll still have enough to level the city once we get out."

"Oh, good. So we won't have to come back."
Kurama said, shifting his grip on Suiichi.

There was bright flare of spirit energy, belonging to both Kuwabara and Yusuke. Kurama chuckled. "See that bright blue light, Suiichi?"

"Yes."

"That would be Yusuke and Kuwabara. They'll take care of you while Hiei and I destroy the city."

"Okay." Suiichi murmured, burying his face in Kurama's shoulder. Hiei gave him a concerned look.

"Fox - I don't say this often, but I'm worried. He might have lost more blood than I thought he had."

Kurama nodded. "There are several old wounds on him, as well as the new ones. He's taken quite the beating. Let's get him out of here and to Botan, so she can heal him."

They sped toward the edge of the city, Yusuke and Kuwabara coming into view. They ran past the city limits, the demon following them getting obliterated by Yusuke's spirit gun.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Yusuke grinned. "Hey! They can be killed now!"

Kurama immediately handed Suiichi off to Yusuke. "Take him to Botan. Make sure he's healed completely - no scars." Yusuke nodded and left. Kuwabara stared at Kurama and Hiei.

"What are you two gonna do?"

"Destroy this place." Hiei growled. "You coming, Kurama?"

Kurama nodded, eyes blazing gold. "Yes. I really want to kill that girl once and for all now."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Kuwabara took a step back as the bindings on Hiei's arm began to smoke and loosen. "All right, I'll just stand back and watch."

Kurama gave him a slight smile. "That would be wise." he turned back to Hiei, and grinned as he watched the dragon tattoo on Hiei's arm move. "A little eager, are you?"

Hiei gave him a wicked grin. "Yes. I don't want to come back, and the dragon knows it."

"Well then, what are you waiting for?" Kurama asked, resting a hand on Hiei's shoulder.

"You." Hiei said simply. "Dragon of The Darkness Flame!" The dragon roared to life, circling the city once before slamming through it, buildings and streets flying apart as it blew past.

Kuwabara shielded his eyes from flying glass as the dragon made a second pass, completely leveling the city. He cautiously lowered his arm, looking around at the now flat city. Hiei jerked his head at Kurama.

"Your turn."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Kurama thrust his arm out, and vines grew from his skin and traveled throughout the city. Hiei recognized the plant - it wasn't one Kurama used very often, but it was very adept at finding things that could hide their spirit energy. He really, really wanted to find that girl.

Sure enough, when the vines returned, the demons had already been ground to dust, having already been damaged by Hiei's dragon. The girl was wrapped securely in one of the vines, glaring at Kurama for everything she was worth.

"You ruined everything." she hissed, but her voice no longer held that strange duality, or the creepy singsong quality. She was just a normal human girl now. "It was so perfect. They all feared me."

Kurama's lip curled in a sneer. "You went after what's mine."

"Do you mean the boy or the demon beside you?"

The vines began to tighten. Kuwabara watched in morbid facination as Kurama strangled the girl with his strange plant.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Hiei scoffed as he turned and walked away from the girl. The vines dropped the body, and retreated back into Kurama's arm. "She should have known better than to mock him." he said, dusting his cloak off.

Kuwabara cleared his throat before giving them a smile. "You guys seemed to have an easier time of it this time." he remarked, walking back toward where Yusuke was hovering over Botan as she healed Suiichi.

Kurama allowed a slight grin to cross his face. "Well, it is marginally less terrifying the second time around."

Botan looked up as they approached. She gave them a cheerful smile. "He'll be fine. A little bed rest, and he'll be good as new."

Hiei looked over at Yusuke. "Did you find out who sent him there?"

"Yeah. A bunch of kids thought it would be funny to dare the shy, quiet kid into going into Kaku Ren Bo. And since the name is kinda misleading, he thought that he just had to go, play a game of hide-and-seek, and go home. The other kids had no intention of meeting him at the square."

Hiei glanced at Kurama. "Explains why he was the only one there."

Kurama nodded. "And the other children?"

Yusuke grinned. "Let's just say they learned their lesson."

Kuwabara snorted. " He left 'em with a bunch of lumps and bruises. Don't let him fool ya."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 pm

"Good." Kurama said softly. He turned his attention back to the burning remains of Kaku Ren Bo. "Nothing will remain of this place, correct?"

Botan shrugged. "The girl was evil, Kurama. That kind of thing leaves a stain. There's no telling how many children have died here."

Kurama's eyes narrowed. "You're not answering my question."

"Well, I can't know for certain!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am

Hiei shrugged. "Well, if it comes back I'll burn it down again. And again, and again until it get the message that it's supposed to stay dead. I have no problems with it."

Kurama snorted and shook his head. "Subtlety is not your strong suit, is it?"

"Not really, no. That's more your thing than mine. I can attempt it, though."

"Please don't. I'm not sure the world is ready for that yet." Kurama said with a laugh.

Botan's eyes narrowed as she watched Kurama and Hiei walk off. Once they were out of earshot, she pulled her communicator out and contacted Koenma.

"Yes, Botan?"

"Sir, I have a suspicion about Hiei and Kurama. I noticed earlier in the mission that Kurama was somehow keeping tabs on Hiei."

Koenma interrupted her. "He does that all the time, Botan."

"This was different. He knew exactly where Hiei was, and what he was doing. He said that Hiei and Yusuke were making battle plans while running for their lives. How could he have known that?"

"What do you think is going on?"

Botan paused. "I'm not certain."

"Then find out and report back to me."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 pm

As they walked away, Kurama staggered. Hiei caught him and almost wound up falling over himself. "Well, this isn't good." he muttered.

Kurama laughed. "We're both exhausted, Hiei." he observed. "Let's get home. Shiori's probably worried about us by now."

"At least we all came back in one piece, like she wanted." Hiei said with a small grin.

"Good point." Kurama glanced behind him. "Botan is talking about us. My ears are itching."

"Let her. She finds out anything we want to stay secret, we'll make her disappear." Hiei grinned. "There's no crime if there's not a body."

"I like the way you think, Hiei."

"Usually you hate it."

"Right now I'm too tired to care."

"Home it is."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Kurama paused. "You just called my house home."

Hiei laughed quietly. "Well, all things considered, it is. I spend almost all my time there." he gave Kurama a small smile. "I've called Shiori 'Mom' a time or two."

Kurama blinked. "You have?"

"Yes. Thankfully, she's never called me on it. She's too nice for that, apparently." Hiei said with a grin.

"You only think that. Inside, she's secretly gloating." Kurama said with a grin. "I know my mother."

"Hush. I'm allowed to have my delusions."

Kurama grinned. "If you say so, Hiei."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Hiei just rolled his eyes. "Shut up, fox."

"Or what? You'll rip my voice box out?"

"I swear, one of these days - "

Botan materialized behind them. "Hello boys - "

Kurama spun around and had his hand around Botan's throat before he realized who it was. "Hasn't anyone ever told you it's stupid to sneak up on a demon?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Kurama let go and ran a hand through his hair while Botan massaged her throat. Hiei gave her a dry stare.

"I think you've just replaced the oaf as the idiot of the year. Congratulations."

Botan bristled. "I have not!"

"Then what do you call sneaking up on us like that? That certainly wasn't intelligent." Hiei said, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I just wanted to make sure you were all right!"

Kurama held up a hand, cutting off the budding argument. "We are fine, Botan. Thank you for your concern."

Botan huffed and relaxed. "Are you headed to your house, Kurama?"

"Of course. Where else would we go?" Kurama started walking again, Hiei sticking close.

Just in case.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Botan froze. "Genkai's, maybe? You wouldn't want to put Shiori in danger, would you?"

Hiei growled low in his throat. "I pity the demon that attacks Shiori while we're there." "Actually, I just pity the demon."

"Yes, Mother can be quite intimidating when she wants to be."
Kurama chuckled.

((I took down my FB. Looks like Yahoo is our chat site now))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

((That's fine by me. *grins*))

Botan eyed them suspiciously. "Are you two talking somehow?"

Hiei rose an eyebrow. "What are you talking about now?"

"You guys seem to be having entirely silent conversations." Botan said, looking from Kurama to Hiei and back again.

Kurama gave her a small smile. "We are not. Neither one of us is telepathic. If we were, you'd have never caught us."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Hiei glared at Botan. "I don't like this, fox. I think she knows."

"She can't know. No one knows."

"She's going to figure it out. We weren't being subtle."

"Perhaps. We'll just have to be careful."
Kurama said softly.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 am

Botan frowned lightly. "I suppose that's true. But I can't help but think that the two of you are talking and leaving everyone else out."

Hiei snorted as Kurama chuckled. "Yes, Botan. That's exactly what we're doing." Hiei said, sarcasm lacing his tone. "We're talking privately and mocking you while we're at it."

Kurama burst out laughing. Well, technically speaking, that's exactly what we're doing.

That's kind of the point.

Botan huffed at him. "No need to be rude."

"Then quit being irritating." Hiei shot back.

"I'm just curious!"

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm

"Hasn't anyone ever told you that curiousity killed the cat, Botan?" Kurama asked breezily. "At any rate, I would rather like it if you didn't come to my house. I don't want my mother to worry."

"Oh, all right." Botan muttered. "Good bye."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   

Back to top Go down

Kaku Ren Bo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Blood Brothers-
Jump to: