RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaku Ren Bo

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 2:54 am

Kato holds his hands up in surrender as the bindings on Hiei's arm start to smoke a little. Kurama smiles and wraps a hand around his wrist. "Hiei. No."

Hiei blinks down at the bindings in somewhat delayed surprise. "Ah."

Yusuke starts to snicker. "I think you're more tired than you thought."

"I have no doubt about it." Hiei mutters. "We hadn't been asleep more than two hours if that."

"Less than that." Shiori says. "You four were asleep for maybe half an hour to forty-five minutes before you got woken up again. So, as someone who can get away with it, I'm putting you all back to bed."

Kuwabara gave her a tired grin. "Don't have to tell me twice." He grabs Yusuke's shirt. "C'mon. We need the rest."

Hiei raises a brow at Kurama, who gives him a serene smile. "I will be in a moment or two. I want to talk with mother."

"Don't take too long, fox. There's only so long I can put up with their combined stupidity." With that, Hiei turned and followed the two into the other room.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 11:12 am

Shiori looks up at Kurama. "You really should go rest." Kurama shakes his head, his gaze fixed on Kato. Gold is starting to bleed into his eyes. Shiori sighs. "I do know how to defend myself." she points out.

Kato scoffs. "If you think I'm going to hurt her, you're stupid."

Shirori looks up at him. "Are you trying to die?"

"I know you won't hurt her." Kurama says softly. "You care for her too much. I'm tired of trying to convince you that we care for her just as much as you do. So understand this - I am a thief by nature, and as such, I am extremely possessive. If you intend to take her against her will during the night, or coerce her into leaving, I will find you. And there will be no force in all three realms that can save you then." He leans over, gives his mother a kiss on the cheek, and leaves the room.

Hiei cracks an eye open. The boys have already fallen asleep leaning against each other. "A hair excessive, don't you think? He's not going to take her anywhere she doesn't want to go."

"I know. But I felt the warning needed to be said."

"Hn. Get over here and sleep, stupid fox."
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 11:12 am

((Insert time skip here))

"Spirit Sword!" Kuwabara's sword appeared, and he charged Hiei, swinging the sword at the apparition's head. Hiei's own blade blocked the attack, before he vanished, reappearing behind Kuwabara, his sword angled along the side of Kuwabara's neck.

"You need to be quicker, oaf." Hiei said, sheathing his sword and stepping back as Kuwabara gave him a disgruntled glare.

"This is the fastest I can move!"

"If that's the case, you're in more trouble than I thought. I've heard of some of the other competitors. None of them match me in speed, but they don't have to if they can out-maneuver you." Hiei said flatly. "So, we're going to try again, until you can actually keep up with me."

"I'm human! My reflexes aren't that good!"

"They will be by the time I'm done with you."

"You suck, you know that?"

"Yes. But I haven't heard any complaints. Move it, oaf!"

---/

Yusuke and Genkai sat down to watch Hiei continue to mock Kuwabara. Yusuke whistles quietly. "Man. Hiei doesn't play around, does he?"

"No. And as the only proficient swordsman on your team, he was an ideal choice for Kuwabara to approach. Now we're going to see if Kuwabara can take it." Genkai says with a grin. "Maybe they'll get along better after this."

Yusuke laughs outright. "Yeah, right. If anything, this is giving Hiei new ammo to use against Kuwabara."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 11:42 am

Yusuke looks over at Genkai. "So I wonder what Kurama is doing through all of this." he asks. "I haven't seen him since we started training."

Genkai chuckles. "He's been around a time or two. Making sure Hiei doesn't need any help with Kuwabara, and training with Hiei himself. I think the two of them are trying to find ways to use their bond in the arena."

"Isn't that illegal?"

"Only if you get caught."

"Good point." He crosses his arms over his chest. "Since you know so much, what is he doing when he isn't here?"

"Working with Shioiri and his plants."

Yusuke blinks. "Huh?"

"Don't ask. I don't know either."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 11:53 am

They look over when they hear a crash. Hiei's shaking his head and Kuwabara's on the ground, spitting out leaves and dirt.

Hiei looks over at Yusuke and just sighs, causing Yusuke to laugh harder. "What happened?" he managed to get out.

"The idiot forgot we're training in a forest, and tripped over a root." Hiei says as he helps Kuwabara to his feet. "I think we're done for the day."

"Oh, thank God." Kuwabara mutters as he limps over to where Genkai and Yusuke are sitting. "You're a sadist, Hiei."

"No, I'm trying to keep you alive. If that means being hard on you, so be it." Hiei settles himself on a branch above where everyone else is.

"How's your training with Kurama going?" Genkai asks.

"It's slow going, but I think we're getting the hang of it." Hiei says with a small shrug.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 12:00 pm

"One would think it would come easy after all this time." Yusuke points out.

"Yes, but usually there are no survivors. Or witnesses." Hiei points out.

"Ah. It's the subtlety, not the manipulation."

"Precicely." Hiei closes his eyes and tilts his head to the side, listening. "Hm. Apparently Shiori's not half-bad with plants."

Kuwabara blinks. "She can use them?"

"Sort of. Kurama can rig them to respond to her energy, and she can manipulate them to a degree. We thought she would only be able to trigger them."

"Doesn't that hurt her?"

"No. It drains her considerably, but the idea is just to get someone's attention that she needs help. We'll have at least a few allies in the tournament."

Yusuke grins. "I'll say. Apparently Jin, Toya, Chu, and Rinku are forming a team."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Hiei nods approvingly. "Good. Hopefully, we won't have to fight them. I dislike the idea of killing what few friends I have outside of this team."

Yusuke snorts. "What, you mean we're not your only friends anymore? I'm hurt, Hiei, right here." he says, laying a hand on his heart.

"Whatever you say, detective." Hiei cracks an eye to stare off to the left. "I wasn't expecting you for another hour."

Kurama laughs. "Well, practicing with the plants made mother tired, so I told her to take a nap and came here."

"How's the new house working out for her?" Yusuke asks with a grin.

"She likes it so far. Koenma did a fair job in repairing it after we destroyed it."

Hiei doesn't quite hide the wince, causing Kurama to grin at him. "She's not mad at you, you know."

"I know."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 7:20 pm

"He might just be cringing at the memory of what you made him do." Yusuke points out dryly.

Kurama just smiles. "I apologized for that. Repeatedly."

"And I'm the only person he'll actually apologize to and mean it." Hiei says. "So, no. I just really don't like pissing Shiori off. That woman gets mean."

"That was once, Hiei. Once."

"Still enough to scar me!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Yusuke looks from one to the other. "Do I want to know?"

"Not really." Hiei says. "Just understand that you don't piss Shiori off. I made that mistake."

Kurama smiles serenely. "She came upstairs after a particularly bad mission, I was in the process of bleeding out, Hiei was panicking, and when my mother came in, Hiei in his infinite wisdom, picked her up, and tossed her back out and slammed the door in her face for good measure. To say that was not received well is an understatement."

Kuwabara stared at Hiei. "You tossed Shiori out of a room and slammed the door in her face? And you lived?"

"I had other things on my mind. So sue me." Hiei's shoulders hunched a little in self-defense.

Kurama was laughing. "Oh, yes. Once I was stable, Hiei let her back in, and she told him that under no circumstances was he to ever do that again if he wanted to continue living. Her threat was enough for Hiei."

Hiei nodded. "I can respect that."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Yusuke nods. "Yep. Not pissing Shiori off. Ever."

"I'm not entirely certain that woman is not a demon." Hiei says. "It really wouldn't surprise me."

"She's not a demon, I would know." Kurama chuckles. "But she would make a good one."

Kurama just grins. "So how is Kuwabara doing?"

"About as well as you would expect." Hiei says. "He's too slow."

"Everyone is too slow compared to you." Kurama teases. "Should we show him how a fight is really done?"

Hiei grins.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Kuwabara sighs. "I feel like I should point out that I'm never gonna be on your level. My reflexes aren't fast enough."

Hiei shakes his head. "Not true. Your reflexes aren't fast enough because you haven't needed them to be. But they will be once I'm through with you."

"That last sentence scares me, Hiei. I hope you know that." Kuwabara mutters. Yusuke grins and pats him on the back.

"He's really not that mean of a teacher, Kuwabara. Try training with Kurama. That man's a slave driver, and he's got the whip to prove it. At least Hiei will give you the occasional break."

Said whip snapped out and popped right in front of Yusuke's nose. Yusuke jerked back and shot Kurama a mild glare as the fox grinned.

"What was that, Yusuke?"

"You just proving my point." The detective said, grinning back.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Kurama grins. "Maybe I should spar with you."

"No. Yusuke has never fought with you when you're on a plant high." Hiei points out. "I'll fight you."

". . . . A plant high?" comes the confused response from Kuwabara.

"I do wish you wouldn't call it that." Kurama says absently.

Hiei just rolls his eyes. "He does too much work with his plants like this, when he's not making them into weapons, and it charges him. Basically he's on a sugar high."

Yusuke chokes on his laughter. "Yeah, not fighting you, Kurama. Go fight Hiei."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Hiei stands up and stretches briefly. "Oaf. I want you to practice bringing your sword out. You usually have it drawn in just under a minute. I want that down to thirty seconds."

"What?!"

"You heard me."

"Are you out of your tiny little mind? Thirty seconds?"

"Yes. Is that going to be a problem for you?"

"Yeah, kinda!"

"Too bad." Hiei hops out of the tree and stands next to Kurama, gesturing towards the forest.

As they turn to leave, Kuwabara's complaining is slightly audible.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Kurama smiles happily. "It's been a while since we've been able to spar."

Hiei smirks. "I know. You're practically vibrating."

"I blame you. I didn't enjoy fighting so much until I met you."

"You couldn't fight at all without that rose whip until you met me." Hiei points out. They come across a clearing "Weapons?"

"Not yet."

"Ah. That kind of fight then." Hiei falls back into a fighting stance. "Bring it."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Kurama doesn't bother to respond, closing in and swinging a leg up and at Hiei's head. Hiei jerks his head back as Kurama's heel passes by his nose.

"Question two - enhanced speed?" Hiei asks, ducking under the leg and swinging his elbow towards Kurama's chest.

"Not yet." The blow connects, Kurama grunting and stepping back a few paces as Hiei attempts to follow through on the move.

"Well, if you want to be boring about it." Hiei complains mildly as Kurama catches his fist and kicks him away.

"Well, I do want a somewhat fair fight, and I can't move as fast as you can." Kurama says cheerfully as Hiei rubs his stomach.

"Not my fault you're slow." Hiei says with a grin.

((Le crappy post is up!))
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:19 pm

((it works! *grins*))

Kurama decides not to give Hiei much time to recover before coming at him again. This time Hiei picks up the pace and dodges to the left. Thankfully, Kurama has sparred with Hiei often enough to know what's coming. He drops his shoulders and kicks high, but Hiei is quicker still and drops to the ground, aiming for Kurama's face. The fox jerks away, quickly attempting to pull back, but Hiei manages to snag a handful of hair anyway and almost jerks him off his feet.

Suddenly Hiei yelps. "The hell was that!"

"Stinging nettle." Kurama says sweetly. "I don't feel like having my hair pulled today, thank you."

Hiei laughs and lunges again.

From a little further away, Yusuke and Kuwabara watch the show.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Kuwabara leans over to Yusuke. "Do ya think they'll have their technique down before the tournament? It's not that far away."

"I think so. My question is, do you think you'll be able to keep up with Hiei once he gets back to tearing into you?"

"Yeah. I refuse to let that shrimp push me around."

As they talk, the fight between Hiei and Kurama gets more vicious as Kurama and Hiei draw their weapons nearly simultaneously, and go at each other, the occasional insult being thrown around for good measure.

Yusuke whistles. "Whoa. I've fought them both, and I know how good they are, but damn. Can you imagine being on the wrong side of that? That's scary as hell."

Genkai laughs. "You fought them one-on-one, didn't you?"

"Yeah. They were my first mission as a spirit detective. Though, if I'm honest, I liked Kurama from the start. Hiei took a while for me to warm up to him." he pauses as he watches Kurama drive Hiei back with his whip. "Kick his ass, Kurama!"

"Shut up! You're distracting!" Both demons yell in Yusuke's general direction, neither taking their eyes off the other.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Yusuke just laughs at them as they continue to fight each other. "I wonder what got Kurama up like this." he says. "He usually doesn't fight Hiei."

"Not where we can see anyway." Kuwabara agrees.

As one, Hiei and Kurama end the fight. Both are rather scraped up and bloody, and both are grinning like maniacs. "Feel better?" Hiei asks.

"Much." Kurama laughs. "Once you stopped trying to kill me."

"Kill you? That's impossible. Killing is my least favorite thing to do."

Yusuke just laughs. "What is wrong with you guys?"

"Well, he kills people and eats hands, there's two things wrong with him." Kurama smirks.

Kuwbara blinks. "Okay, who showed them Llamas with Hats?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 2:49 am

Hiei snorts as he jumps back up to his branch and settles in. "Kurama and I found it one day. He says that I remind him of Carl."

Yusuke laughs. "Does that make him Paul?"

Hiei pauses for a moment. "Yes. If only because he acts as my impulse control most of the time." his head turns, and he looks down. "Yes, Yukina?"

Yukina smiled at him from the base of the tree. "Hello, Hiei. I was wondering if you'd come down so I can bandage your wounds."

"They'll be fine in a few hours. Don't worry about it." Hiei says, shifting slightly.

Kurama gives Hiei a knowing grin before going back to ribbing Yuksuke. Yukina catches the grin and looks from Hiei to Kurama and back again. "I was wondering if we could talk."

Hiei freezes. "About what?"

Yukina laughs quietly. "I'd prefer to talk in private, if you don't mind."

Kurama catches the panic screeching over the bond from Hiei. "Hiei, you need to calm down. If she wants to talk to you about being her brother, then she deserves to hear it."

"But what if - "

"If she doesn't accept you as her brother, we'll deal with it then. But for right now, she needs to talk, and we both know it's about your relation."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 9:06 am

Still, Hiei hesitates. "Fox - "

"I know. But even if the worse does happen, I will not leave. Now, go talk to her and prove me right."

Hiei snorts and drops from the tree, wairly following Yukina back towards Genkai's temple. "I hate you right now, fox."

"I know you do."
Kurama teases back. Still, he can't help a small amount of worry as he watches the two of them leave.

Yusuke watches them go as well. "She's figured it out."

Kurama nods. "It seems so." He bites his lower lip, resisting the urge to follow. He knows Yukina will accept Hiei, but there's always that slim chance that she won't. He forces himself to stay put.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Hiei resists the urge to bolt, and follows Yukina into the temple. Yukina sits down, and pats the mat next to her, smiling at him. "I'll patch you up while we talk, okay?"

". . .Sure." The quiet response makes her laugh. Hiei sits down next to her, eyeing her warily. She grins.

"You're not much of a talker, so I'll take the lead." She pulls a roll of bandages out, and begins to unwind it. She meets his eyes before she starts. "You're my brother, right?"

"Yes." Hiei watches her wind the bandages around one of the bigger cuts on his arm. "What gave it away?"

"Your eyes, mostly." Yukina grins at him. "We have the same eyes. Our noses are pretty similar, too, by the way."

Hiei blinks at her, causing her to burst out laughing. She grins and continues to patch him up. "I was just curious as to why you never told me." she says, her tone growing slightly more serious.

Hiei stiffens briefly. "It's complicated. But the main reason was to protect you. I have a lot of enemies, and if they knew you were related to me, they'd target you."

Yukina lays a hand on Hiei's. "I can take care of myself, you know."

"I am aware." Hiei gives her a small grin. "I've seen that knife of yours. Nice trick."

Yukina laughs. "Thank you. I had Toya show me how to do it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Kurama risks it and gently prods Hiei through their bond. He receives a mixture of confusion and relief. Whatever is happening, Yukina is not rejecting him out of hand, and that makes Kurama relax as well. Yusuke figures it out and sighs in relief. "Looks like everything is going good?"

"So far." Kurama takes a step, and abruptly stumbles. Yusuke catches him before he can fall completely. "Damn. Hiei got me better than i thought." the fox laughs. Yusuke shakes his head.

"Sit down and let me take care of that, stubborn demon."

"You sound eerily like Hiei."

"Nope. I can't pull off the 'obey me or die' tone."

"Neither can Hiei. I know him too well."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:43 am

Yukina finished bandaging his arm and smiled. "Have you seen our mother?"

"Yes. It didn't go well. This was not too long after you started living in the human realm." Hiei says quietly. Yukina hums thoughtfully, prompting Hiei to raise an eyebrow in question.

She gives him a small smile. "She was upset after that visit, I think. I saw her not too long after you'd been there, I guess. She was in a really bad mood, and I suppose my telling her that I was staying in the human realm didn't help. She took it poorly."

"She didn't hurt you, did she?" A thread of steel comes into Hiei's voice, and makes Yukina laugh.

"No, no, nothing like that." Hiei eyes her, and she grins. "I promise."

"Good."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:06 am

Kurama holds still while Yusuke finishes taking care of his wounds. The detective sits back and examines his work. "I swear, you're a masochist." he mutters.

That earns him a smirk from the fox. "Yes, but Hiei is a sadist, so it works out."

The full-bodied shudder he gets from Kuwabara is so totally worth it.

((prepare for really bad posts))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 4:56 pm

After more talking, Hiei and Yukina rejoin the others outside. Kurama looks over at them and nods to
himself. "I take it everything went well?"

"Better than expected, surprisingly enough."
Hiei remarks, settling himself against one of the trees. He watches Yukina check Yusuke's bandaging job, before shaking her head and sitting down next to Kurama.

"Yusuke, you're terrible at this." Yukina remarks, unwinding the bandage.

Yusuke pouts. "I tried."

"And failed." she looks up at Kurama. "Stop squirming, please."

Kurama gives her a mild look. "I don't squirm. I shift often."

Yukina laughs. "Otherwise known as squirming, Kurama. I'm almost done."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaku Ren Bo
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum