A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Black and White

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:57 pm

Hound still hadn't removed his hand from Prowl's mouth, so after a moment of deliberation, Prowl licks a stripe up Hound's palm, causing the other mech to jerk his hand away. "Hey!"

"You wouldn't move your hand." Prowl says primly, making everyone crack up again.

Prime grins. "Gee, I wonder where he picked that up from."

Every head at the table turns to stare at Jazz, who whistles. "Not meh. Ah've never done that." he grins. "Ah bite. He's nicer'n Ah am."

Bee grins. "And I know he's telling the truth, he's bitten me."

"That'll learn ya."

"Not even in the slightest." Bee laughs. "It did get your point across, though."

"Ah'd hope so." Jazz leans back in his seat. "So, Deadshot, Ah wouldn' try an' shut any of us up like Hound did ta Prowler."

"I wasn't planning on it, thanks. I kinda like life." Deadshot's voice is dry, making Bee crack up again.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:05 pm

"Why do you assume that I'm going to hurt you?" Prowl muses. Deadshot gives him a look.

"I saw what you did to Fray."

"That was not me."

"You distracted him and let Jazz do the dirty work. It was still your plan."

"Of course it was, I'm tac!"

Jazz and the others can't stop laughing as the two of them bicker technicalities.
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:42 pm

"That was a fun fight." Jazz muses, causing Deadshot to look over.

"You shot him in the helm, and carved out his spark chamber. How was that fun for you?" Deadshot demands.

"If ya think about it, ya'll answer yer question." Jazz shoots Deadshot a sly little grin.

"You say Mirage is a sadist - " Deadshot starts.

"He is." Jazz interrupts.

"But you have no problem with carving someone's spark chamber out. How do you not qualify as a sadist?" Deadshot demands.

"Fray was already dead." Jazz says with a grin. "Don' th' mechs hafta be alive an' reactin' ta be a sadist? 'Cause last Ah checked, ya hafta get some sorta enjoyment outta it."

"Well, yeah, I guess."

"There ya go."

"Flimsy reasoning, Jazz." Prime points out. "Very flimsy."

"Ah work wit flimsy on th' regular. Gimme five minutes an' Ah can turn flimsy inta a workable excuse complete wit' a powerpoint ta drive mah point home." Jazz laughs.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Mirage snorts. "He's done it before."

"Yes, and I think Gunner hit him for it, too." Prowl muses. Mirage laughs. Optimus chuckles and stands up from the table. All eyes go to him. He grins.

"Relax. I'm just going to go call in those favors before anything starts to gain steam." he assures them. "I'll let you know when Vesper is supposed to arrive."

"When you're done making calls, come back and have some high-grade with us." Prowl says. "It's been a while."

"It really has. I'll have to pass on that tonight, but I'll take you up on it soon. Especially if we can get Gunner on base." Optimus smiles at the group and walks off.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am

Jazz stands as well, and suddenly, he's the focus of attention. He grins. "Ah'm gonna go pull a few strings o' mah own, an' see if we c'n get Gunner here a few days early."

Mirage, Bee, and Prowl immediately brighten, and the sight makes Jazz grin. "If you manage that, Jazz, it'll be a miracle." Mirage says. "I tried getting a hold of him a while back. He was so swamped you'd think that they'd given him every department back."

Jazz nods. "Ah know. Magnus has 'im runnin' herd on Ah think it was three different teams. An' they've all got different styles so he's tryin' ta work wit' 'em, an' keep 'em from killin' each other. Apparen'ly, th' teams don' get along."

"Oh, jeez." Bee mutters. "Are they trying to kill the poor mech. Yeah, go get him, bring him here, and we'll keep him. We'll feed him and everything." Bee grins. "We'll even let the mech sleep at regular times!"

Jazz and Prowl burst out laughing, and Mirage grins Bee. "You make it sound like he's a pet, mech. He'll put you through the wall for that."

Deadshot raises a hand. "Question time. Who the heck is Gunner?"

Jazz gives him a grin. "He's th' mech who trained me up. Best damn mech in th' business, not countin' us."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Deadshot blinks. "You mean the Autobots have someone more terrifying than you?"

"Well, maybe not more terrifying than us." Mirage considers. "I mean, he trained most of us, and he was a damned good op in his day. So just as terrifying as us."

"He's going to have to try harder." Prowl muses.

"Yeah, but Raj has a point." Jazz says, flashing him a grin. "Gunner's good, but he ain' as good as this team."

"You're biased." Prowl points out.

"Duh. It's mah team." With that, Jazz leaves the room.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Jazz hums as he heads to his office, keying open the door, and letting himself in. He settles at his terminal, and keys in Gunner's code. It doesn't take long for the mech to respond.

"Jazz. Somehow, I knew I'd be getting a call from you." The older mech says with a grin.

Jazz laughs. "Nice ta see ya too, mech. Ah hear they're runnin' ya ta th' ground."

"Nothing I can't handle." Gunner says dismissively. "I'm assuming this isn't a social call?"

"Kinda. Ah was hopin' ta bring ya here fer a while. Mah team's up fer evaluation, an' Prime's makin' noises about bringin' Vesper in."

"Why Vesper? Didn't they learn the last time Vesper evaluated your team? Mirage had him in fits."

"He's who th' council wants evaluatin' us. An' they've got Prowl on th' roster ta be evaluated too."

Gunner shakes his head, and stares up at the ceiling. "This is going to end in tears, isn't it?"

"Prolly Vesper's tears, if we're bein' honest." Jazz says with a grin. "Ah was hopin' ta bring ya in 'fore Vesper gets here, an' visit fer a while. I mentioned ya earlier, an' the team's lookin' forward to it." Jazz's grin gets wider. "Sides, we've got a new recruit."

"Is that so? Anyone I know?" Gunner's grin goes sly, prompting Jazz to grin right back.

"Ya might. Mech's name is Deadshot."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Jazz grins as recognition makes Gunner choke. "How in the hell did you manage to get Deadshot to defect, much less join ops?!"

"Well, here's th' story, mech."

------/

Prowl stands up and stretches. "Come on, Deadshot."

Deadshot blinks at him. "What?"

"We're going to the training room. I imagine we'll have the quiet we need to get you a little trained up on your fighting skills."

"You sure you up to that?" Mirage asks. "That was a hell of a beating you took."

"I'll be fine." Prowl says with a smile. "Besides, I doubt Deadshot and I will get to break much of a sweat before the Twins get involved." He motions for Deadshot to follow him. "Come on."

"Isn't this supposed to be Jazz's job?" the former 'Con wonders, following anyway.

Prowl flashes him a wicked smirk. "Who do you think spars with Jazz when he can't be bothered to hold back?"

"Oh hell."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Jazz sits back and grins as the story sinks in. Gunner shakes his head in disbelief. "I'll be damned. Jazz, you're building one hell of a weapon with that team of yours, you know that, right?"

"Ah know. Ah imagine Prowler's taken 'im down ta th' trainin' room, get him traine up some. He still fights like a 'con would, but we'll beat that outta 'im." Jazz smiles. "'Sides, it ain't as much fun ta beat up on Raj, Bee an' Prowler. They know how Ah fight."

"New challenge?"

"Somethin' like that. So, whattya say? Wanna come down early, surprise th' team?"

"I can be there tomorrow morning." Gunner says after some deliberation.

"Ah'll lie, an' tell 'em day after, so ya can walk in on us."

"That's mean, Jazz." Gunner laughs.

"They'll forgive meh." Jazz grins. "It's not like Ah'm paintin' 'em pink or nothin'."

Gunner scoffs. "As if you could."

"Is that a bet?"

"No."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Prowl and Deadshot square off in the training room. To Deadshot's surprise, there's a fair number of mechs just sitting on the sidelines watching them. He keeps his focus on Prowl. "They looking for a show?"

"Something like that." Prowl says cheerfully. "Now come on - let's give them one."

"I thought this was training?"

"We believe in learning on the job."

"Oh hell." With that, he charges Prowl - who promptly manages to flip him over his shoulder. Deadshot hits the ground hard enough to wind him, but Prowl doesn't give him a chance to recover. He forces himself into a roll, putting some distance between the two of them before scrambling back to his feet.

Prowl smiles at him. "Better. But you still need to stop advertising."

"How else am I supposed to close the distance?"

"Like this." Prowl steps with his back foot, spinning his body, and suddenly he's right in Deadshot's face.

And Deadshot finds himself on the ground again from Prowl's kick. The Praxian laughs. "Of course, you'll be a bit slower at it, but that's the idea."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Jazz walks in and grins as Deadshot pops up from the ground, optics narrowed at Prowl. He leans against the back wall, completely aware that Prowl noticed his entry.

"Just how soon am I supposed to be able to do that?" Deadshot demands, leaping backwards to avoid Prowl's fist, and narrowly missing being kicked in the side. "Primus, Prowl! Are you trying to kill me?"

"No, just trying to teach you. Are you going to try to hit me back, or are you going to make me chase you all over this room?" Prowl asks, grinning when a few mechs watching laugh.

"You know what - " Deadshot starts, ducking under Prowl's punch and managing to kick him back a few steps. "You pretend to be nice, but you're a real bastard."

"Nice kick. Try to do it again." Prowl says with a grin. "And also, that's not the worst name I've been called."

"I know. I'm sure I helped invent some of them on the battlefield." Deadshot grunts as he's hit. Again. "This is getting seriously old!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 am

"Then stop standing there and fight!" Prowl knocks him across the room again. "Come on - you've kicked my ass before. What's stopping you now?"

"I'm not actively trying to kill you!" Deadshot protests.

Prowl considers him for a moment, then smiles. "Would it help if I was actively trying to kill you?"

"No. That smile is terrifying - stop that."

"Then stop playing around and show me what you can do." Prowl steps forward again, and this time Deadshot is ready for him. He unleashes a flurry of attacks, none of them connecting, but keeping Prowl moving nonetheless. Prowl laughs. "Good!"

Jazz sees it coming before Deadshot does. One well-placed punch to the chassis, and Deadshot is down again. Prowl smiles. "Not good enough, I'm afraid. But much better than before."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:17 pm

"Just so you know, this mat tastes terrible." Deadshot mutters as he begins to haul himself up. As he does so, he twists, his heel passing inches from Prowl's side. Prowl twists, dodging the kick.

"Nicely done." Prowl comments, moving out of range. Just in case. He knows how that move is supposed to be followed up.

"Thanks. I saw Jazz do that once on the field. Figured I'd give it a try. Note to self - get more flexible before trying it again." Deadshot climbs to his feet. "That requires a range of motion I don't have yet."

Prowl laughs. "You don't exactly have the same build he does. Also, your armor is bulkier, limiting your rage as well."

"It was a good attempt, though." Jazz calls. "Next time, keep yer knee straight, an' shift yer weight ta yer back hand, that'll brace ya, an' ya c'n use more force."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Prowl smiles at him. "You here to join or watch?"

"Ah think Ah'll watch fer now." Jazz grins back. "Ya seem ta be doin' good on yer own."

"Oh thank Primus." Deadshot says softly.

"Ah heard that."

"Frag!"

Prowl laughs. "Are you ready to call it quits already?"

"Hell no." Deadshot falls back into a fighting stance, this time taking care to mimic Prowl's own stance. "Come on - I'll kick your ass yet."

Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Jazz slides out of the room, and heads towards the rec room where Mirage, Hound and Bee are. He settles back into his seat with a grin. "So, got ahold of Gunner. He'll be here day after tomorrow."

Bee lights up. "Really? How'd you mangae that?"

"'S not as hard as ya make it sound, mech. I think he's itchin' fer a vacation, an' Ah jus' gave 'im an excuse fer one."

"Awesome!"

Hound grins and sits back in his seat. "It'll be nice to see him again. I didn't get to last time, since I was still loaned out."

Mirage nods. "I agree. How long is he staying?"

"He didn' say, funnily enough." Jazz says thoughtfully. "Guess we'll find out."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:42 pm

By the time Optimus walks into the training room, Prowl has Deadshot pinned on the ground, arm caught in a bar hold, and there's a large crowd gathered to cheer the combatants on. Even Ironhide is standing there, watching the show with vast amounts of amusement. Prime stands next to him.

"Has Prowl even broken a sweat?"

"Hardly." Ironhide laughs. "But Deadshot finally got in a few good licks. I think Prowl's proud of him."

"Primus. Do I need to break them up?"

"Nah, let them play. After everything that's just happened, I think they deserve it."

Optimus laughs. "Most of the time, playing does not mean attempting to kill each other."

Ironhide grins. "They're ops."

"Point."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Bee grins at Deadshot from where the rest of the team are sitting. "C'mon, Deadshot! Kick his ass!"

Deadshot grunts, trying to break out of the hold Prowl's got him in. "Working on it."

"Well, work harder!" Bee calls, grinning when a dirty look is shot his way.

Deadshot finally twists his arm free, and pushes himself up, managing to hook an arm around Prowl and pull him off of his back. He rapidly puts distance between himself and Prowl. "Thank Primus. You're like an octoups."

Prowl merely grins. "And you're getting much better. I think you'll do fine when you face Jazz."

"Thanks - wait. What?" Deadshot pauses. "When am I facing him, exactly?"

"Ah'd say now, but Prowler's put ya through th' wringer." Jazz calls with a laugh. "He ain't an easy mech ta spar."

There's a chorus of groans from the mechs watching, prompting the sitting mech to twist and look at them.

"Ya'll actually want meh ta kill our newest recruit?"

From somewhere in the crowd, Bluestreak pipes up. "You won't kill him, we know you better than that. But it'd be funny to watch since you've sparred literally all of us at one point, whether we'd already done so or not."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 pm

"Aw, c'mon!" Jazz protests over the howls of laughter.

Deadshot glances at Prowl, still venting hard. The Praxian just stands there, smiling at him. "Are we still going?" he asks.

Prowl smirks. "No. Go take a break. We'll pick it up again tomorrow."

"Oh, thank Primus." Deadshot immediately walks off and sinks against the wall, still breathing hard. "Okay, I know I've said this once, but I'm gonna say it again - I think all the 'Cons are terrified of the wrong mech. Just saying."

"Trust us - we became aware of that when Prowl joined ops." Ironhide says dryly.

Deadshot flashes him a grin. "Well, I'm just figuring it out." He turns his attention to Prowl, who's stretching out in the center of the training room. Looks like Bluestreak might be up next in sparring him. "How did he land ops, anyway? Doesn't seem like it would have been his first choice."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Bee scoots over and holds up a hand, grinning. Deadshot grins back and high-fives him. "It was kind of an accident." Bee admits, leaning back on his hands. "He planned a couple missions for us, and they went off so well that Jazz wouldn't work with anyone else."

"Ah got needy." Jazz says with a grin. "Ya done fer th' night, or are ya still wound up?" he calls to Prowl.

"I'm still wound up. Shove Bluestreak in here."

"Aw, what?" Bluestreak doesn't get to say more than that before Sunstreaker picks him up and carries him out onto the mat. "Hey! Sunny, put me down! And not out there - he's gonna make me fight, and I'm no good at close quarters!"

"You need to work on that, anyway." Sunstreaker replies with a grin. "It'll be good for you - builds character."

"I have plenty of character!" Bluestreak protests as he gets dropped on the mat. "Ow!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm

"Relax, Bluestreak, I'm not gonna kill you." Prowl laughs. "Light contact, promise."

"Hey, you didn't go light contact on me!" Deadshot protests.

"He's not ops, you are!" Prowl retorts before settling into the lesson. Jazz watches with a small smile as Prowl helps Blue settle into a fighting stance and run through a few warm-ups. Deadshot blinks.

"Wow. He's really different with Blue."

"Blue's like his sparkling." Sunny says with a grin. "He cuts him more slack than he will with anyone else."

"Huh. And this is more what I was expecting from him, but now that I'm seeing it, it seems really weird."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Bee looks back and grins, before leaning most of his weight against the leg behind him. Sideswipe looks down. "What am I? A backrest?"

"Yep! Now hush. Backrests don't talk." Bee says cheerfully, settling against Sideswipe's leg comfortably.

"This backrest is gonna kick your ass."

"That backrest can try." Bee taunts, not budging.

"Bee, I swear to Primus - " Sides looks up and finds the entire room is watching his argument with Bee. Even Prowl and Blue have stopped to watch with grins on their faces. "What?"

Jazz shakes his head and grins. "Yer cute. D'ya really think ya c'n take Bee down?"

"Probably?"

"Wanna try it?"

Bee brightens, and Sides considers. "Yeah, why not. He's not you, and he's not Prowl, so I stand a fair chance, I think."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Prowl actually busts out laughing at that. "Good luck with that, Sides." He and Blue clear the training room while Sides and Bee take the center. Prowl leans against the wall with Jazz, shoulders touching. "This should be good." he murmurs.

Jazz snorts. "'m lookin' forward ta him gettin' his ass kicked." he says cheerfully.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence guys!" Sides calls out.

"No problem!" Prowl and Jazz say simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Bee gets to the center of the ring and shoots Sides a taunting grin. "You sure about this? I'd hate to embarrass you in front of Prime."

"Bee, I embarrass myself in front of Prime all the damn time." Sides points out, sliding into position. "My question is, are you sure you can take it?"

Bee merely grins, before dropping and swiping Sideswipe's legs out from under him, bringing the taller mech down onto one knee, then kicking him squarely in the chassis, sending him skidding backwards. "Yeah, I'd say I'm sure."

Deadshot leans forward, optics trained on Bee. Jazz scoots over a little, and nudges Deadshot. "Yer crush is showin'."

Sideswipe gets up, an optical ridge raised. "Nice kick. But I've been hit harder." He rolls his shoulders, then charges. Bee very neatly sidesteps, and kicks the back of Sideswipe's knee, sending the taller mech tumbling.

"This is gonna get boring if you don't actually get serious." Bee points out. "I can evade, dodge, and send you tumbling to the ground all day, and not get touched once."

Deadshot slides a glance at Jazz. "Maybe, but I'm okay with it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:41 am

Prowl grins. "Come on, Sides, I know I trained you better than that!"

"Hey! As far as everyone else knows, I trained you!"

Ironhide snorts. "Yeah, and none of us believed that, either." he retorts. "Don't make Prowl get in there and whoop your ass for telling lies."

"Oh hell, stop side-seat fighting!"

Bee kicks him square in the back, sending him tumbling to the mat again. He grins. "Did you forget who you're fighting?"

"Maybe?" Sides laughs as he jumps up and dusts himself off. "Okay - round two!"

Sunny rolls his optics. "My brother can be such a moron sometimes, I swear."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:32 am

There's a loud thud from the ring, and Jazz glances over and immediately cracks up. Bee's perched on Sideswipe's back, twisting the frontliner's arm up and back.

"It's a good thing this is just a sparring match, Sides." Bee says cheerfully. "I'm mopping the floor with you."

"And I usually have Sunstreaker watching my back." Sides says with a grin. He pushes himself up with one arm, grinning as Bee just adjusts and lets his other arm go. "What, you just gonna hang on for the ride."

"Well, I'm sitting on your back while you do pushups. Of course I'm gonna make myself comfy." Bee says primly.

Sides snorts, then flips over, landing on Bee, who grunts. "Do I win?"

"No." Comes the slightly muffled response. "Get off. You're heavy."

"No. You're comfy." Sides makes a show of stretching out and sighing. He yelps. "HEY! Did you just bite me?"

"Dunno. Did it feel like this?" Sides yelps again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   

Back to top Go down

Black and White
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next