A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Black and White

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Jazz and Bee waited for the 'Cons to round the corner before dropping out of the vents and running to the nearest wall. Bee set the charges with a grin, and they took cover around a corner as the charges blew. The explosion rocked the floor beneath their feet, and they were moving and through the hole before the tremors stopped.

"That's gonna get someone's attention!" Bee called as they ran for the Ark.

"Ask meh if Ah care!" Jazz laughed. "C'mon, we need ta meet Prowler and 'Raj at th' Ark! They've got a prisoner."

"Race ya!"

"Yer on!" Both mechs transformed into their vehicle modes, gunning it and hauling aft for the Ark.

Prowl met them halfway. "I'm glad to see you guys made it out."

"We're jus' that good, Prowler." Jazz said cheerfully.

"You blew something up, didn't you?" Prowl asked. "You're only this cheerful when something explodes."

"We mighta blew our way out, yeah. I wish 'em luck patchin' that hole, though. Bee used a pretty heavy duty charge." Jazz said with a grin.

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:26 am

Prowl chuckles a little. "Well, you guys find anything interesting in the systems?"

"Nah, not yet. I got all the info tho. We'll find somethin' if the 'Cons got it."

"I need to know if they have anything on Mirage's invisibility shield."

Jazz almost stalls. "Eh?"

"That's how we got our prisoner. He found us, while we were shielded."

" . . . That's rather terrifying, Prowl." Bee says. "We rely on that a lot."

"I know."
Back to top Go down
http://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:56 am

"Well, if'n it's in there, we'll find it." Jazz promises as they walk into the Ark. "Are either one 'o ya'll hurt?"

"No, though I think Mirage's pride is a little bruised. Like I said, they saw right through his shield." Prowl admits. "Other than that, we're fine, though the prisoner is being subjected to Sunstreaker and Ironhide's not-so-tender mercies."

"Ouch. Ah'd hate to be that poor mech. Ah imagine 'Raj gave 'im a few lumps while he was at it." Jazz muses as he follows Prowl to the computer they're going to be using. "Bee, yer dismissed. Write up your mission report an' have it on mah desk asap, 'kay?"

"You got it." Bee said cheerfully. "I'll take care of that while I grab some energon. You two want any?"

"Nah, mech. We'll be down in a bit - we gotta debrief wit Prime before anythin' else." Bee nods and walks away while Prowl gives Jazz a look.

"You know, I know you run your division with an iron fist, but it's still strange to hear you do it." he says thoughtfully.

"'Prolly 'cause Ah'm one 'o th' biggest slackers here when it comes ta paperwork." Jazz says with some amusement.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:20 am

Prowl chuckles. "Most likely." They make it down to Prime's office, but pause just outside the door. There are two voices in there - Prime's and Sentinel's. Jazz groans.

"Ahm gonna hate this, ain't I?"

"Sounds like he's on the vid screen." Prowl says quietly. "At least that means Prime can hang up on him."

"Prowler?"

"Yeah?"

"Why does he hafta be mah brother?"

There's such a whine in Jazz's voice that Prowl has to smother a laugh as they walk into Prime's office.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Prime looked up from the console. "Ah, hello you two. I'm sorry Sentinel, but Prowl and Jazz are here to give their mission report."

"If you don't mind, I'd like to listen in." Sentinel's voice said. Jazz made a faint gagging sound that had Prowl stifling a snicker.

"Mah brother's such a kissaft. Not ta mention, he only wants ta hear how we mighta screwed up."

"But we didn't, so he'll be sorely disappointed."
Prowl said cheerfully. Jazz grunted in reply.

"Before we get to that, though - where is Jazz?"

"Not talkin' ta ya, glitch-head." Jazz muttered under his breath. Prowl smacked him upside the head. "What was that for?" Now he was whining in earnest.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:55 pm

"At least pretend like you have manners." Prowl retorts, still smirking slightly. At Prime's look, he adds, "Jazz only got to blow up one thing today."

"Ah. I'm sorry, Jazz, you'll have to try harder next time."

Jazz can't help but chuckle at the friendly teasing. Sentinel not so much. "Why did he have to blow up anything?" he demands.

"Quick exit." Prowl says. "I approved it."

"Of course you did."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:30 am

Prime and Prowl exchange amused looks as Jazz rolls his optics behind the visor. Prime looks over at Jazz. "Mission report."

Jazz straightens automatically, and shoots the console one last dirty look before speaking. "As th' plan outlined, Bee an' mahself were ta infiltrate th' Nemesis, download every scrap o' data that we could, an' make a clean exit while Prowl an' Mirage were on site, Prowl giving us updated tactical advice as th' situation warranted, an' Mirage providin' both protection an' th' added bonus of neither of 'em bein' seen. However, apparently there's a 'Con who c'n see through 'Raj's invisibility shield. So the new plan was ta take the 'Con back to base, and Bee an' I were authorized to make a quick exit through a wall."

Prime nodded. "And the information?"

Jazz held up both data chips. "Right here. We haven' had time ta go through 'em yet, but when we do, it'll be a lot. We need ta filter out duty rosters, and patrol rotations before we find anythin' that's worth lookin' inta."

"Prowl, do we have anything that Jazz can use to go through those?"

"Yes. Wheeljack has built a computer that should be able to handle anything those two chips might throw at it. We were understandably reluctant to use Teletran for these."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:40 am

Optimus makes an undignified snorting sound. "That's an understatement." he says dryly. Prowl just offers him a small smile. Prime continues. "Any injuries?"

"Mirage's ego." Prowl and Jazz say in tandem. Prime's chuckle almost covers up Sentinel's scoffing.

"Mirage relies too heavily on his shield, anyway." Sentinel says flippantly. "It'll do him some good to have to work for it like the rest of us."

Prowl casts the computer a sharp glare. "I seem to recall that shield saving your aft a few times." he snips. "Sir."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:10 am

Jazz scoffs. "Th' only reason he's complainin' is 'cause Raj got th' shield as an automatic upgrade when he entered th' academy. Glitch-head wanted it to be built inta his systems, and Ratch shot him down." he shot Sentinel a smirk. "Don' rag on my mech. Ah'll air your secrets out like last week's dirty laundry."

There was the sound of Optimus and Prowl trying very hard not to burst out laughing as Sentinel sputtered. Jazz just smiled cheerfully. "An' on that note, Ah'm gonna go an' make sure that Raj actually made it to medbay."

Optimus had to clear his vocalizer before he spoke, grateful that the facemask he had hid his grin. "Of course. Jazz, Prowl, you're dismissed."

"Thank Primus." Jazz muttered, flipping the screen off before heading out. Prowl joined him and gave him a curious look.

"Why is Raj headed to the medbay? He wasn't hurt."

Jazz laughed quietly. "He isn't. I'm just using it as an excuse to get away from Sentinel."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:19 am

"Ah. See, this is why I don't call you out on things I know probably aren't true. Most of the time, you have a reason for lying."

Jazz grins at him. "Yep! See, mech, ya are gettin' ta know me!"

Prowl smiles. "After how many centuries, I should hope so."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Optimus's outraged yell brought both mechs bursting back into the office. Prime was actually on his feet, glaring at the screen.

Jazz's glance slid between the screen and his superior. "Uh, Prime? Wanna fill us in on what's got yer wires in a twist?"

Prime didn't even glance in his and Prowl's direction. "Sentinel Prime seems to think that the way I run this unit is lacking, and is therefore been authorized to come down and rectify the situation. He will be arriving here tomorrow, and will be here until further notice." Optimus looks up at Jazz and Prowl, his optics very dark. "I get no say in this. These are orders from the council."

"There's nothin' wrong with th' way ya run th' unit!" Jazz explodes. "Sentinel, I always kinda figured ya were dumb as a box 'o rocks, but yer puttin' my theory that ya had at least half a processor outta commission. Prime does a damn good job runnin' this ship full of crazy, an' Ah can guarantee ya won' last half a day. Not just 'cause none of the soldiers here respect ya - "

"As they shouldn't." Prowl mutters under his breath as Jazz shoots him a grin.

"But because ya think ya can jus' stroll on up in here an' start barkin' orders. That ain' gonna fly, an' I really hope ya aren't gonna be relyin' on us, or Ratch, or Ironhide ta back ya up."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Sentinel ignores Jazz for the moment. "As SIC, Prowl understands the need for such evaluations." he says. "He will ensure everyone cooperates with me."

Prowl can't stop an undignified snort. "Like hell I will. I'll be helping the twins prank you at every turn."

It's well worth seeing the fury that crosses the prime's face. "You insolent whelp."

Prowl crosses his arms over his chest. "Been called worse. Tell me, are you still being called butt-chin around the base?"

Optimus is really grateful for his mask. Sentinel can't tell that he's gone from furious to trying really hard not to laugh. "Prowl."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:10 am

Everyone in the room can tell that Sentinel is grinding his teeth over the screen. However, all he says is - "Have the entire crew awake and ready for briefing at 6 AM. I'll be arriving shortly before." and the screen goes dark.

Jazz snorts in the silence following. "Yeah, right. Imma tell mah mechs ta take a day an' sleep in. Ferget that." he says, rocking back on his heels. He shoots Prime a look. "Ya okay, bossbot? I can tell yer still a little peeved."

Prime shrugs. "Well, I'm not happy by any stretch, but what can I do? I'm not in a position to overrule the council, and at this stage of the game, I'm more than happy to watch the rest of you give Sentinel what is sure to be a well-deserved hard time. It's not my problem, I'm not on duty until he leaves."

Jazz and Prowl exchange shocked looks. "They took you off active duty?" Prowl demands.

"Just until Sentinel leaves." Prime says, holding his hand up.

Jazz shook his head. "Prime, Ah really hate ta say this, but Sentinel ain't gonna wanna leave. He's ambitious, an' he's had his eye on this unit fer some time. Ah think this is a test fer him - ta see if the crew'll cooperate with another leader. If it goes as he hopes, he might put in ta have ya transferred ta another unit. Ah personally don' see that happenin', considerin' most mechs here can't stand that glitch's diodes, but Ah can say that he's gonna try."

"You think he'll try to stage a coup?" Prowl asked.

"Not outright, naw, but it'll be little things. He'll try an' change how things are done, an' make it seem like it's fer the greater good. That's how he got control of Hot Rod's unit as well as his." Jazz says, scowling at the dark screen. "Ah know ya c'n take care of yerself, Prime, but I gotta warn ya. He's lookin' ta replace ya."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 am

Optimus nods. "I can see it. However, he's going to have a hard time of it. I am Acting Prime."

"Which is part of the reason he wants this division." Prowl says softly. "If the Acting Prime loses his mechs to another Prime, guess what else he loses?"

"I am aware. However, I have the entire Spec Ops team on my side. Plus tactical." He smiles at them. "I am not worried about anything underhanded happening. You two will know about it."

"Not to mention the rebellion the other mechs will throw once they realize what's going on." Jazz points out.

"Which you are not allowed to tell." Optimus reminds them. "You are SIC and TIC, after all. Some things need to stay private."

Jazz starts to protest, but Prowl overrides him. "Understood, sir. Come on, Jazz. I think it's time to have a private conversation in a crowded hallway."

Jazz just laughs as they leave the office. "I knew there was a reason I hung out wit ya."

Optimus chuckles as he watches them go. "Hang out with. Right, Jazz, try telling a better lie next time."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:02 pm

"Shut up, Prime!" Jazz says over a private comm link. A few seconds later, Jazz can hear Optimus burst out laughing as they walk away. Prowl looks over his shoulder at the office.

"I wonder what that was about?" he muses. Jazz bites back a grin as they wander into the rec room, waving at a few mechs as they pass.

"Gimme a sec, Prowler - I wanna talk to Bee and Raj." Jazz says, jerking his helm towards the two mechs. Prowl laughs.

"I know why you want to talk to them. I'm coming with, if only to hear what they say." Prowl says with some amusement.

"Fair enough." Jazz plops down at the table where Bee and Raj are. "So, Sentinel's gonna be on base for a few weeks, an' he wants everyone ta be up at the asscrack of dawn ta meet him. Well, I don' wanna, an' I'm pretty sure ya'll don' wanna, so if ya decide ta sleep in, that's fine with me, an' Prime already knows."

Bee burst out laughing. "So you're giving us permission to ignore Sentinel? Just so we're clear?"

"That's exactly what Ah'm doin', yeah." Jazz says, grinning.

Bee and Raj exchange grins. "How much you wanna bet we'll have him out of here in under a week?"

"Under a week? Ya'll are slippin'. Betcha th' twins'll have 'im outta here in three days." Jazz says, leaning back in his seat.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Prowl chuckles. "Those of us who are smart are not taking that bet."

"Wait, if Sentinel is here, that means he's trying to take control from Prime." Mirage realizes. "How well are we planning on that failing?"

"We are not allowed to discuss that with the lower ranks." Prowl says calmly. "You know, decorum and all that."

Bee and Raj exhange looks and smirks. "Consider it completely forgotten." Bee says cheerfully. "The secret is safe with us."

Jazz laughs."Now ya got the idea, mechs."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Jazz shoots Prowl a grin. "An' now we can consider our job here done." he turns to Bee and Raj. "Feel free to tell everyone else that Sentinel expects them here in the rec room at 6 am sharp. Let's see how many of us stay in bed."

Bee and Mirage burst out laughing. "Will do, boss." Bee says with a grin and a salute.

/---/

Sentinel paced the rec room, scowling at the conspicuously empty room. Only a few mechs were up, Cliffjumper and Blaster getting energon before going on patrol, and Ratchet, who was usually awake early anyhow.

Ratchet watched Sentinel take another lap around the room. "Don't tell me you actually expected everyone to be awake just because you said to." he comments, taking a sip of his energon.

"I left very specific instructions." Sentinel ground out. "I don't like not being listened to."

Ratchet snorted. "I'm sure you don't need me to remind you that no one here is under any obligation to listen to you. You're not our Prime." He stood with a quiet sigh. "Have a good morning."

"No, stay put." Sentinel growled. "I said I would have a meeting, and I meant it."

Ratchet cocked an optical ridge. "I put you together, Sentinel. Do not think you can order me around. Do it again, and I will bust you down to your component parts so fast it would make your head spin. I don't take orders from you, so don't start thinking I'll listen just because you are a Prime. I barely listen to Optimus, and I've known him a lot longer."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Sentinel smiles at him. "So you admit to having so little respect for your Prime that you don't listen to him?"

Ratchet stares at him for a moment. "Ah. So that's why Prowl and Jazz are after blood." He sighs, sets down his energon cube, and crosses his arms over his chest. "Listen to me, you little fragger. I respect Optimus. I respect him so much I actually let him order me around. He just doesn't do it because he knows I've been at this long enough that I know better than him. And if he tries, and I know he's wrong, he lets me get away with ignoring his orders and telling him he's being stupid. Because, you know, that's what good leaders do." He grabs his energon cube and starts to leave.

"Oh - by the way, I would be really afraid of what the others are gonna do to drive you out."

Sentinel scowls. "Why?"

"Because Prowl runs tactical for the spybots."

With that, Ratchet leaves the room, and Sentinel stands there by himself, staring.

In the safety of his med bay, Ratchet grins. "Worth it."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:22 am

Optimus pokes his head into medbay. "What was worth it?"

Ratchet turned and gave Prime a grin. "I just told Sentinel off. I think he's still waiting for everyone to show up."

Prime shakes his head, the grin in his voice evident. "Am I allowed to point out that I can in fact, take care of myself?"

"Yes. But damned if we're gonna let that upstart little shit take over and have you transferred." Ratchet says matter-of-factly. His grin turned somewhat vicious. "Jazz and Prowl had a not-so-subtle talk in the rec room about Sentinel's early morning meeting. Which is why the room is deserted save for one mech. I can only imagine the hell he's about to go through."

Prime actually burst out laughing. "So Jazz meant what he said about taking the day and sleeping in, then. I wonder when everyone'll start to filter into the rec room."

Ratchet laughed. "Probably not until well after noon. Nobody wants to be first in there and then trapped."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:40 am

Of course, Prowl's duties usually force him awake at early hours of the day. Like Ratchet, he's already awake - but instead of getting his morning energon, he decides to simply head to his office and wait things out.

And, of course, about 6:30, Sentinel shows up in his office. He has to restrain the urge to sigh. He really should have locked the door.

"At least you're doing something." Sentinel growls. "What happened to the meeting?"

"No one cared." Prowl says flatly. "Including me."

That earns him a scowl. "You always have been too loyal for your own good." he says softly. "I think you might be part of the problem. I was hoping you would be the solution."

Prowl's stylus pauses. He sets aside the data pad and fixes Sentinel with his most blank stare. "So, let me get this straight - if I don't cooperate with you, then when you replace Optimus, you'll replace me as well?"

Sentinel smiles. "Exactly." He leans forward. "However, if you do cooperate with me, I can make it very much worth your while. What do you say? Anything you've ever wanted, I can give it."

Prowl just stares at him for a moment, debating the worth of punching him in the face. Finally, he returns his attention back to his data pad.

"No."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Before Sentinel can say or do anything unfortunate, Jazz pokes his head into the room. "Prowler, Ah'm callin' an emergency meetin' for th' command team. Ah found somethin' on the disks we got from th' Nemesis."

Prowl's optical ridges rise. "You're calling the meeting?"

"Yeah. It's big, an' ya'll need to see it ta believe it." Jazz walks further into the room, ignoring Sentinel.

"What is it?" Prowl stands, gathering his data pads.

"Ah'll explain once everyone's there. Jus' trust meh, at the end of the meetin', we're gonna have our hands full."

Sentinel starts to follow them out, and Jazz holds a hand up. "Ah said th' command team. Ya ain't part of that."

"I am a Prime! I am just as much part of the command team as you are."

"Who happens ta run a completely different unit. Ya ain't my Prime, an' ya ain't part of our unit. Ya stay out." Jazz's words are dark. "Ah won' hesitate ta throw ya out on yer skidplates if Ah catch ya tryin' ta sneak in or eavesdrop."

Prowl looks at the smaller mech. "What did you find?"

As the doors close behind them, shutting Sentinel out, Jazz heaves a sigh, and looks around the room at Prime, Ratchet, Irionhide and Prowl. "The Nemesis is gonna be hostin' Shockwave and Cyclonus. The three leaders of the Decepticons, in one spot. Ah need permission ta go in an' find out what they're gonna be talkin' about."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Prowl's optics widen. The opportunity is too perfect. However - "Jazz, you know the area best. Is it out of our comms range?"

"Yep."

"Is there any way I can get close enough to be in range and not get caught?"

Jazz considers this for a moment. "Not to my knowledge." he says quietly. "M sorry, Prowler. Ah know ya wanna be there."

Prowl clenches his fists. "This has trap written all over it."

Optimus nods. "I know. However, this is too good an oportunity to pass up. Jazz goes. Prowl, team up with Mirage to find a way to get you in comms range."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Prime looks at Jazz. "When will they be arriving?"

"Tomorrow mornin'. So ideally, Ah'd like to be in place before then." Jazz shoots a small grimace at Prowl, who frowns.

"Are you going to head straight out after the meeting?" he asks.

"No, Ah need ta get some recharge, an' Ah won' have th' opportunity while Ah'm on th' Nemesis."

"Before you leave, come see me. We'll need an extraction plan in place in case things go sideways."

Jazz can't help the snort and grin. "Prowler, if things go sideways, an extraction plan is gonna be th' last thing on my mind."

"That's not funny." Ratchet and Prowl say simultaneously.

"Ah'm not tryin' ta be." Jazz says, the grin disappearing. "Ah'm statin' fact. Ah'm gonna do my level best not to get caught, an' Ah'm damn good at what Ah do. But Ah'm also sure security is gonna be airtight there. If th' 'Cons catch meh, we're gonna have bigger problems than gettin' me out."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Prowl nods. "And that is why I worry about getting you out - so you can worry about not getting caught."

Jazz flashes him a grin. "And that's why Ah got ya." he says.

"So what do we do about Sentinel?" Ratchet asks. "You know the fragger ain't gonna stay out of this one."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Jazz shrugs. "Too bad. If he tries ta get involved, Ah'll put 'im through a wall."

Ironhide chuckles. "Can you do that?"

"We'll find out, won't we?" Jazz laughs. "But with that bein' said, Ah'd like ta go an' get a few hours of recharge - Ah have th' feelin' Ah'm gonna need it."

Optimus nods. "Of course. Before you leave, I want you to stop by Ratchet's and get checked out. And that isn't a suggestion - that's an order. I want you to be in top shape when you leave." His attention turns to Prowl. "You and I are going to sit down and make sure we have contingency plans for our contingency plans in case something goes horrifyingly wrong. Jazz, we will see you as you leave."

Jazz's optics widen fractionally at the order. "Yessir." he snaps a salute.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black and White   

Back to top Go down

Black and White
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next