RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaku Ren Bo

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:55 am

Kuwabara gave Hiei a grin. "If it makes you feel better, I won't use it unless you can get me something I really, really need."

"Oh, well then, I guess I can live with that." Hiei said dryly. He glanced over at Shiori. "How is Suiichi doing? I had to do some damage when Kurama and I got him out of there."

Shiori gave him a tiny smile. "He's doing fine - Botan made sure there wasn't anything left of his wounds. He's going around telling everyone who'll listen that his big brothers saved him. He's embellishing a bit, I'm sure, but that's what kids do."

"Big brothers?" Hiei echoed blankly. "He only has one brother."

Kuwabara and Shiori burst out laughing.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

"Hiei," Kuwabara grins, "You got adopted by Mrs Shiori. You're Kurama's blood-brother. That makes you Suiichi's brother." Hiei blinks at him.

"You humans make no sense at all." he mutters.

"Not often." Shiori agrees. "But this time, take our word on it, okay?"

"Your word on what, Mother?" Kurama slowly pushes himself into a sitting position. His eyes are still closed when he turns his head to face them. Hiei arches an eyebrow.

"Are you even awake?"

"I think so."

"Open your eyes and try that again, fox."
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Kurama cracks an eye and stares at Hiei. "Better?"

"Only marginally." Hiei said with faint amusement. "Kurama, should you even be awake?"

"I feel like I should be, thus, I am." Kurama said, stretching and yawning. He gave Shiori a smile. "Hello, mother."

Shiori smiled and moved next to Kurama to kiss him on the cheek. "Hello, Kurama. Sleep well?"

"Mm. Mind explaining why I can feel the confusion radiating from Hiei?"

Shiori's smile turned impish. "Suiichi called Hiei his big brother. It confused him."

Kurama blinked once, then started laughing.

Hiei looked at everyone. "Why is this so funny? It was an honest question!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:52 pm

"Well, you did save him from the demon girl." Kurama explains. "Doesn't that create a sort of bond between demons, especially stronger and weaker?" Hiei nods sourly. "Humans just call it being brothers, Hiei. Don't overthink it."

"Oh." At Kuwabara's bewildered look, he simply shrugs. "Kurama explains it in words I understand."

That just makes Shiori laugh. "It's a good thing he's fluent in smart-aleck demon then."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Hiei gives Kuwabara a sardonic grin. "Better he knows 'smart-aleck demon' than 'armpit-scratching oaf'."

Kuwabara's eyes narrowed. "What was that, runt?"

Hiei just rose an eyebrow while Kuwabara processed the insult. Shiori turned to Kurama.

"Do they always fight like this?" she asked in a low tone.

"Usually. It's their way of showing affection, and as long as we've been friends, they don't necessarily mean it anymore." Kurama said with amusement. "Hiei likes to get under Kuwabara's skin, and he does so often."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Hiei glanced over at Kurama. He's still leaning against the wall, eyes half-closed, but definitely looking better than Hiei would have assumed after pulling a stunt like that. Satisfied, he goes back to harassing Kuwabara.

Kurama reaches out to him. "I can see you over there being all protective."

"Oh shut up. After that stupid stunt, I'm allowed."

"I'm still gonna call you on it. It's so sweet!"

"Kurama, do you value your voicebox?"

"That threat doesn't bother me anymore!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:12 pm

"I need to find a new one." Hiei grumbles.

"I wouldn't take you seriously if you did." Kurama says cheerfully. "Where is Yusuke?"

"Genkai took him out for 'training'. She also mentioned using his face to clean her temple. It's apparently the right size to fit into some tight corners."
Hiei said, closing his eyes and leaning against the wall with a contented sigh.

Kurama processed that then burst out laughing. "Did she seriously say that?" he asked out loud, grinning.

"Yep. It was funnier when she said it, though." Hiei said, cracking an eye to stare at Kurama. "I don't have her aplomb."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 pm

"Well, you do lack some of her physique." Kurama teases lightly.

"Yes, I'm not a fossil of an old woman who can still kick someone's ass." Hiei retorts.

"It's nice to know someone appreciates me." Genkai says. "If you want the nitwit, I think he's still passed out in the courtyard."

Kurama grins. "Training, Master Genkai?"

"Something of the like."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Kuwabara stuck his head out the door and gave an impressed whistle. "More like beating Yusuke 'till he's black and blue and groaning for his mommy."

Hiei blinked. "Is he really?"

"Well, no, but some of those bruises are gonna be there for a while." Kuwabara said, walking out and heaving the unconscious detective over his shoulder. "I'm gonna go find Yukina and see if she can do anything about them." He bowed to Shiori. "It was nice to see you again, Miss Shiori."

Shiori laughed. "You too, Kuwabara. Go take care of Yusuke."

Kuwabara walked off, Yusuke thrown over one shoulder. Hiei watched them go.

"Sometimes I wonder if they're together and not telling anyone." he muttered under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Shiori almost chokes on her laughter. Kurama just smiles. "So I'm not the only one who picked up on that then."

"Nope. They're at least attempting to be subtle about it." Hiei observes. "That's what's throwing me. The oaf is never subtle."

"Well, they could be together and Yusuke just neglected to tell him." Genkai mutters.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:33 am

Hiei considered it. "That does sound like something the detective would do. But what about Keiko and Yukina?"

Kurama and Shiori gave up on trying not to laugh as Hiei and Genkai speculated on Yusuke and Kuwabara. Kurama grinned at Hiei. "You don't really think they're dating, do you?"

Hiei shrugged. "Kind of. They give off the 'old married couple' vibe. If I can pick it up, I'm shocked no one in the Spirit World has said anything."

Genkai snorted. "They wouldn't dare. Or did you forget that the four of you are the most formidable team on the entire planet?"

"What has that got to do with anything?" Hiei asked.

"It means they're not going to say anything in case it brings all four of you down on their heads for poking their noses where it doesn't belong." Genkai said, flicking Hiei's for emphasis.

The little fire demon jerked his head back and glared at her. "Was that strictly necessary?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 11:09 am

"Yes it was."

"Why?"

"For my own amusement, half-wit."

"You're lucky I like you, old bat."

"Likewise, midget."

And the two of them began throwing insults at each other. Shiori glanced over at Kurama. "Is this normal?"

"For them." Kurama says with a content smile. "This is how we say I love you. Or in his case, I respect you."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Genkai snorted. "The runt here wouldn't know respect if it walked up and bit him on the ass."

"And you would? What's that like?" Hiei asks, grinning slightly as Kurama and Shiori burst into laughter. "I've heard it can be a real pain."

"You're cruising for a bruising, there, kiddo."

"As if you could catch me." Hiei scoffs.

"I don't have to. With Kurama as tired as he is, you're not going anywhere."

There's a pause, Hiei processing that while Shiori and Kurama try to get some air back into their lungs.

"You've got me there." Hiei admits.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Kurama can't help it. He practically explodes into laughter. "Genkai, I am truly grateful you're on our side." he said.

Hiei nods. "Anyone else figured that out, and I would have to kill them."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 5:51 am

Genkai gives them a wicked grin. "Well then, it's a good thing that you two are marginally fond of me, then. I'd hate to have survived Toguro's attack just to be killed by you two. That would suck."

"Yes, that would, especially since Hiei would probably be very creative in how he killed you." Kurama says, still laughing. Shiori is still reduced to helpless laughter. "How are Kato and Shuichi?"

"They're fine. Kato is taking the fact that you two are demons a little harder than I expected. He actually went so far as to call everyone but you freaks, if you recall." Genkai says with deceptive casualness.

"Yes, I remember." Kurama mutters sourly. Shiori lays a hand on his arm, finally over her giggles.

"Give him some time. I'm sure he'll come around."

"If he doesn't, I'll kill him for you." Hiei offers, settling back against one of the walls. Kurama eyes him.

"Have you slept at all?"

"Yes."

"Have you slept a significant amount since this mission started?"

"Yes." No, though Hiei won't admit it.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 10:08 am

Kurama's eyes narrow. "Correction. Same question, but with my definition of 'significant'."

Hiei snorts. "No. We have not had 12 consecutive hours for me to sleep in."

The fox demon rolls his eyes. "Oversleep once and you never let me forget it."

"More like go into a coma. I thought you were dead." Hiei retorts gamely, glad the focus of the conversation is finally off of him. Kurama gives him a look.

"How about those four hours you made me get?"

Well, damn. He's never been good at directly lying to the fox. Kurama sighs. "Get over here and get some sleep, idiot dragon."

Before Hiei can retort, Kato enters the room. Shiori looks up at him. "Where is Shuichi?"

"He's not coming in here." Kato says sharply. "You should come stay with us, Shiori. The freaks aren't safe." He reaches out a hand to her.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Shiori pointedly doesn't take it. "Those 'freaks' you're talking about happen to be my sons."

"Only one of them is yours, and I'm going to overlook it because of that." Kato says, his hand still outstretched.

"All of them are mine. If you don't like it, you can leave. But I am staying, and that's final. I'm safer with those boys around than I am with you. I know that they'll protect me if something happens."

There was a muttered agreement from where Kurama had forced Hiei to lie down. Shiori smiles. "Once more for the people who don't have super hearing?"

Hiei lifted his head to pin Kato with an arrogant smile. "And we'd do it better than you would, too."

Kurama dropped his face into his hands as Shiori burst out laughing with Genkai. Kato sputtered.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

The smug grin never left Hiei's face. "We'd do a better job of protecting Shiori than you would. Are you deaf as well as stupid?"

"Hiei!" Both Shiori and Kurama smacked him for that one.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 7:02 pm

"Oh, don't punish the boy for speaking the truth." Genkai laughs. "You're the single most well protected person in the human world."

"Thank you, hag." Hiei says with a small grin.

"Anytime, midget."

Kato looks like he might explode. "Shiori. Please. I love you."

Shiori doesn't even bother to stand. She learned this one trick from Kurama - if you move physically, they'll make you move mentally as well. It's the biggest dismissal she can give him. "Love me, love my sons. All of them. No matter what."

"They're not even human!'

"You say that like it's something to aspire to." Yusuke growls. "Look, we're all tired. Why don't you go away and come back when we're in more of a position to actually kick your ass?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Kuwabara bursts in right behind Yusuke. "Sorry about that - he got away from me." he says, then pauses. "What's going on?"

Hiei's gaze doesn't leave Kato. "Apparently we're freaks that Shiori needs to stay away from. It seems we might hurt Kurama's mother."

Shiori smiles serenely as she scoots over to thread her fingers through Hiei's hair. "Be nice, Hiei."

"Hmph." Hiei drops his head down onto her leg as she starts petting his hair.

Kuwabara blinks in surprise. "You think we'd hurt Miss Shiori? Why would we do that?"

"Because you're all dangerous! You're constantly getting into fights, and tonight, you brought it home with you! You put ALL of us in danger!" Kato explodes. "What if you weren't there to stop it? You're going to get yourselves killed, and I refuse to let you take Shiori with you." he turns his attention to Shiori. "Now will you please come with me?"

"No." She doesn't stop petting Hiei, who is very close to purring.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 am

"Shiori!"

Genkai snorts. "Oh, shut up." she snaps. "You clearly don't know these boys, so let me explain something to you. See the midget there? He can decapitate you before you can blink, and he controls a dragon from the Spirit World that not even King Enmah could control. And he's letting Shiori play with his hair. Give Kurama, the most notorious thief and killer of the Demon World, enough time and he'll get jealous and demand some attention as well. As for Yusuke and Kuwabara, they love Shiori because she's the mother they don't have. Nothing is going to happen to her Ever. They're too strong, and they won't allow it."

Hiei doesn't even bother to open his eyes. "Did she just pay all of us a compliment?"

"She's not wrong." Yusuke says with a grin. "Miss Shiori stays with us as long as she wants. And if you try to make her leave, we'll kick your ass."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:19 am

Hiei snorts. "You can kick his ass. I'll just gut him."

Shiroi tugs gently on his hair. "No gutting him. I am fond of him, even if he is beginning to irritate me."

"Mm." Hiei goes boneless again. Yusuke snickers.

"Anyone got a camera? This is prime blackmail material."

"Can I gut the detective?"

"No, Hiei." Shiori starts laughing as Kurama curls up against her side. "Well, that didn't take long."

"Well, Genkai was right, after all." Kurama says cheerfully. "Hiei, stop hogging my mother. I want some attention too."

"Bite me."

Kato was staring at them. "Am I supposed to take your word for it? I don't trust them."

Genkai shrugged. "You don't have to. They could care less about you. They care for Shiori, and by extension, Shuichi. That is all that matters."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 am

"I will not bite you. I did that once, and you tasted bad." Kurama says primly, nudging into his mother. Shioir just laughs and starts playing with his hair as well.

Kato shakes his head. "I can't. I just can't trust them."

"Then go away." Kuwabara snaps. "We're trying to recover from a vicious attack, you know. And you're not helping matters."

"What he said." Yusuke added. He glances behind him at Shiori and the others and almost chokes on his laughter. Hiei has snagged a handful of Kurama's hair and is currently holding it over his face and attempting to braid it. Kurama looks like he could care less what Hiei is doing to his hair. "Besides," he comments, "you really can't look at that and immediately think dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 am

Kurama tilts his head back to try and look at Hiei. "Do you even know what you're doing?"

"No. Yukina's been trying to teach me. Shut up and let me concentrate."

"You're doing it wrong."

"Shut up, Fox."

"No, seriously, don't do that - my hair's going to be one giant tangle!" Kurama protests, trying to pull his hair out of Hiei's grip. Hiei simply hangs on tighter, starting to grin as they play tug-of-war with Kurama's hair.

"It's already tangled, what's one more?"

"Hiei, I swear to God, if I can't get this out tomorrow, I'm kicking your ass."

"As if you could catch me."

"Want to make a bet?"

"No, not particularly. You're a sore loser."

Shiori was having trouble breathing as the boys in her lap bickered.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:48 am

"Hiei!"

"Wow. If you put any more whine into your voice, you'll almost match Koto."

"That was low. You're mean, Hiei."

"And yet, you're still letting me play with your hair."

"Only because I can't stop you! I'm pinned!"

Shiori just buries her face in her hands and tries to smother her laughter.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:55 am

Kato's frowning at Hiei and Kurama while they bicker. While they don't look dangerous, Hiei's sword is within grabbing distance, and he can tell that while Hiei's playing with Kurama's hair, there's an area he's avoiding. Yusuke's gaze never leaves Kato.

"Are you going to stand there and stare at them all day?" he asks irritably. "Shiori, has your husband always been this weird?"

Shiori smiles and pats the mat next to her. "Yes, he has. It's one of his more endearing qualities if you can ignore it. Now come here and lie down. You're about to collapse, and if you do that, you'll land on Hiei."

Hiei doesn't look up from where he's making a massacre of Kurama's hair. The fox isn't going to have an easy time getting the tangle out. "If you land on me detective, Koenma will have to find a replacement."

Yusuke huffs out a laugh as he settles against Shiori's side. "That would be a really depressing way to go after all the shit we've been through."

"Language, Yusuke." Shiori chides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaku Ren Bo
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Blood Brothers-
Jump to: