RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blood Brothers Take 2

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Blood Brothers Take 2 Empty
PostSubject: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 4:46 pm

There is finally peace in all three realms. They've solved the problem of Demon World's issues, Spirit World has been ignoring them, and the human realm is, as always, peaceful.

Well . . ...

Kurama, I'm bored.

I am not entertaining you, Hiei.

Why not? You can't tell me homework actually takes that long.

You can always go kill something.

I'd rather sparr you.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:59 pm

"Go bother Yusuke. He's always up for a fight. I'm in the middle of my homework."

"Uh-huh. You finished it ages ago."

"And you'd know that how?"

"If you'd look to your right, you'd find out."

Kurama looks over at his window and finds Hiei perched on the sill, arms crossed. "Have you been watching me the entire time?"

"Not the entire time. I did sharpen my sword. That took a little time." Hiei says with a faint grin. "But yeah, most of it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Kurama can't help but chuckle. "Hiei, you have some serious issues to work through. Get inside."

Hiei decides to sprawl across Kurama's bed, since the fox demon isn't using it. "You're just now figuring this out?"

"No, I've known it for a while. I just decided I haven't mentioned it lately." Kurama shoots back. "Why are you not bothering Mukuro?"

Hiei flashes him a quick smirk. "I'm on vacation, fox."

Kurama blinks. "Vacation?"

"Yes. Vacation. For a solid week, Mukuro is not allowed to bother me about anything."

Kurama grins. "Let me guess - she kicked your ass out because you got bored and wouldn't stop bothering her."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Hiei scoffs. "I don't bother anyone but you. Get it right. She sent me on vacation because I start killing people when I'm bored, and I was murdering her minions. She apparently doesn't appreciate that. Who knew?"

Kurama snorts. "I can't imagine why."

Hiei shrugs unrepentantly. "So, back to my original statement. I'm bored."

"And like I said earlier. Go harass Yusuke."

"He's with Yukina and the oaf."

"And?"

" . . .I didn't particularly want to interrupt."

"Meaning you still haven't told Yukina you're her brother." Kurama sighs. "Are you ever going to tell her?"

"Not likely."

"Why?"

"She's safer that way."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 9:08 am

Kurama snorts. "Safer. Yes, because it's not like she can fight on her own or anything."

Hiei glares at him. "She's a healer."

"And she can kick Kuwabara's ass now." Kurama replies cheerfully. "You should have seen the look on his face. I think he's finally made the connection."

Hiei blinks, all signs of irritation gone. "Seriously? He's just now figuring it out?"

"Well, the smile on her face was eerily like yours."

"Yeah, but -- just now? Seriously?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Kurama starts laughing. "You're honestly surprised? You did go to great lengths to hide it, Hiei."

"Yeah, but -"

Kurama's grin got a little wider. "You actually thought Kuwabara knew from the beginning, didn't you?"

"Well, not the beginning. But I'd have thought that he'd have figured it out about the same time the detective did, or more to the point, I'd have thought the detective would have told him." Hiei said, sitting up and settling back against the headboard.

Kurama snorts. "Yusuke IS capable of discretion, when it suits him, you know. I do have first hand knowledge of that, after all."

They both turn to look at the door when there's a knock. "Suuichi?"

"Yes, mother?"

"May I come in?"

"Of course."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Hiei flashed Kurama a quick grin. Speaking of secrets -

Actually, I suspect she knows.

. . . .Okay, I know I haven't been gone that long.

Kurama just ignores him for the moment. "Hiei decided it would be a good idea to interrupt my homework." he complains mildly. "Make him stop being annoying."

Shoiri just smiles. "It means he loves you."

Kurama chokes. Hiei bursts out laughing. "I knew there was a reason I liked you." he says, still chuckling.

((im assuming this is post series))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:54 am

Shiori snorts. "I'm so relieved. Hiei, are you staying for dinner?"

"Yes, assuming it isn't too much trouble." Hiei says with a nod, resting his chin on his crossed forearms.

Shiori smiles. "Not at all. Suuichi, I just wanted to let you know dinner will be done in about fifteen minutes. If you and Hiei could set the table, that would be great."

"No trouble, mother. We'll be down shortly."

"Thank you." she kisses Kurama lightly on the cheek and pats Hiei's head as she passes, earning a faint growl for her trouble. She eases the door closed behind her.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Kurama snickers. "You have made much progress, Hiei."

"Do you value living, fox?"

"If you haven't killed me yet - "

"Shut. Up. I still can, you know."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 5:18 pm

They both hear the front door open and close. Hiei frowns at Kurama. "I thought it was just you and your mom that lived here."

"Oh, that's right. You haven't met Kato yet, have you?" Kurama muses quietly.

"Who?"

"My mother has a boyfriend now. He spends much of his time here when he's not at work." Kurama says. Hiei eyes him.

"You don't like him?"

"It's not that - "

"Bull."

"It's not, really. I just - don't know what to make of him, is all. And it's guaranteed that he isn't going to like you. Unfortunately you have this ability to rub anyone who doesn't know you the wrong way." Kurama says.

Hiei looks more than a little proud of that.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:05 am

"Do you care if he likes you?" Hiei asks.

Kurama smirks. "Not really, but it would make life easier for Mother, at least."

Hiei shrugs. "Good point. Still not a good reason to do anything. So let's go down there and be our usual antagonistic selves."

"How about a slightly more mild version of our antagonistic selves?" Kurama retorts as he joins Hiei at the door. "Our usual selves would be more than enough to frighten any human to death."

Hiei just grins. "Who said that wasn't the idea?"

"Hiei!" But he's laughing.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 pm

"Well then, how about I go down and be my usual antagonistic self? You can stand there and scold me like usual, and everyone can believe that compared to me, you're an angel." Hiei says cheerfully, already heading down the stairs.

Kurama scoffs as he follows the fire apparition downstairs. "Yes, because angelic is a word that's always associated with me." he says. "Can't you at least attempt to be civil?"

"Civility is for other people who aren't me." Hiei says cheerfully, reaching up and grabbing some plates out of the cabinet. "Why do you think Murkuro sends me on problem-solving missions that involve violence?"

"Because you're good at what you do? At a guess." Kurama says dryly. He opens his mouth to say more when Shiori and Kato walk in. Shiori smiles and gets Hiei's attention. "Hiei? There's someone I want you to meet. Kato, this is Hiei, Suiichi's best friend."

Hiei turns around and raises an eyebrow as he looks Kato up and down. Kurama catches the look an clears his throat gently. Hiei huffs quietly. "Hi."

Kato gives him a slightly condescending smile that sets Hiei's teeth on edge before turning back to Shiori, and leading her out of the room, completely dismissing Hiei without a word.

Hiei watches them go and the minute they're out of earshot, Hiei speaks. "I'm going to kill him. Slowly. Very slowly."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 am

Kurama blinks as he watches the entire exchange. "Huh. So it wasn't just me."

Hiei's gaze snaps to him. "Excuse me? He did that to you, and Shiori let him?"

"Well, not exactly. He did tell me hello at least. But it was the same attitude." Kurama smiles faintly. "And Mother actually wasn't there to see it. She was in the kitchen, and we were in the living room."

"Better." Hiei continues to mutter under his breath about stupid humans. Kurama chuckles, but he continues to stare after Kato. He can quietly hear his mother reprimanding Kato for his attitude towards Hiei, but the man sounds unrepentant as he apologizes.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 10:22 am

"Hmph." Hiei sets the plates down on the table as Shiori comes in. She gives him a hug before letting him go.

"I'm sorry for Kato's behavior." she says quietly.

Hiei looks up at her. "Is he like that with everyone?"

"No, not usually. He and Suiichi don't get along very well either." Shiori says, giving Kurama a look before turning back to Hiei. "So far, it's just you two."

Kurama nods. "Well, if he dislikes us, I can't imagine what he'd think of Yusuke and Kuwabara." he muses quietly. That earns a snicker from Hiei. "And we're the quieter of the four of us."

Shiori actually giggles. "While that would be funny, perhaps another time? I don't have enough to feed all four of your black holes."

Kurama grins. "What, you don't want to see their bright shining faces devouring all your food?"

"Not tonight. Ask again tomorrow when I've gone shopping." Shiori shot back.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:30 pm

"I think you would have to save up tremendously to be able to afford to feed the oaf and Yusuke." Hiei points out dryly. Kurama snickers.

Shoiri just laughs. "Yes, that's the point. I haven't done that sort of grocery shopping in quite a while. I only keep enough on hand to feed two black holes."

Kurama starts laughing while Hiei splutters. "I'm not a black hole!"

"No, but you eat ice cream like one."

Hiei pretends to pout. "I like mint chocolate chip." He glances at Kurama. "Oh, hush, fox, it's not that funny."

"You're pouting!" Kurama giggles. "It's hysterical!"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Hiei rolls his eyes so hard Kurama's a little surprised he didn't pull something. They finish setting the table while ribbing each other while Shiori finishes cooking dinner. She pokes her head into the living room and calls Kato. "Dinner's ready. And Kato, be nice."

There's a noncommittal grunt from Kato as he joins them in the kitchen. Hiei and Kurama give him a glance as he walked in, and resumed their conversation.

"I'm just saying, it's not that big a deal. Yukina's happy, and I don't want to mess that up." Hiei said with a slightly defensive hunch of his shoulders.

Kurama just sighs. "Whatever you say, Hiei. I just think - "

"I know what you think. I'll tell her. Eventually. Maybe."

Shiori snorts in tandem with Kurama, earning herself a slight glare from Hiei. "Sorry, sweetie. Even I can tell you don't mean that."

"Hmph." Hiei's gaze slid to Kato, who was watching him closely. "Can I help you?"

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Kato shakes his head. "You just look familiar is all."

Hiei snorts. "I doubt you have ever been to my home."

"Hiei grew up in a very rough neighborhood." Shiori explains. Kurama has to hide his snicker. "His little sister just got out herself."

Kato takes a sip of tea. "And you said her name is Yukina?"

" . . . Yes." Hiei slowly lowers his cup. Kurama quickly grabs his arm under the table.

"No bloodshed at the dinner table."

"I know a Yukina. Pretty girl. She's about your height and has the prettiest red eyes." He smiles at Hiei. "I wonder if it's the same girl."

Hiei tenses. "Who the hell are you?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Shiori looks from Kato to Hiei and back again, and Kurama can see her making the connection in her head. "Mother. Stay out of this." he says quietly in her ear. She gives him a sharp look.

"I think the two of us need to have a talk once this is done." she says, her gaze shifting back to where Kato sat smiling at Hiei as the apparition bristled visibly. "Now, what just happened?"

"Kato made the mistake of threatening Yukina." Kurama said quietly. "I'm trying to convince Hiei not to kill him on the spot, but I'm not making much progress."

"You go anywhere near Yukina, and I will slit your throat. And that will be the nicest thing I will do." Hiei growled.

"I would like to see you try." As Kato gave him a smile, the bindings around Hiei's arm began to smoke. That was the point Kurama stood up and grabbed Hiei around the wrist and forcibly dragged him from the room.

"I'M NOT DONE. LET ME BACK IN THERE SO I CAN GUT HIM."

"No."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:10 pm

"Kurama, so help me - "

"No. This is not the time or the place." Kurama lowers his voice. "He hasn't hurt her, and he isn't going to. Besides, he's human, and you know Koenma is still watching us."

"I. Don't. Care."

"I do. Breaking into the Spirit World penetentiary is hard enough without my partner, thank you very much."

"So what's your sugestion?"

"Get him out of here so we can focus on figuring out who he is."

"He's a hunter."

"There hasn't been one in years and you know it. Not a human." Kurama pinches the bridge of his nose. "Please. Just don't burn the house down, that's all I ask."

Hiei considers this. "Damn." The bandages finally stop smoking. "I hate it when you're right."

"Thank you." The two of them walk calmly back into the kitchen, but thankfully, the focus was no longer on them. Shiori was focused entirely on Kato.

"So, I'll ask the question you didn't answer Hiei - who exactly are you, that you think you can get away with threatening my adopted son?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:17 pm

The smile Kato gives Hiei is not a nice one. "I'm a hunter. I've been hired to take out Hiei, Kurama, and someone named Yusuke."

Hiei slid a look to Kurama. "NOW can I kill him?"

"No. I told you, no bloodshed at the dinner table." He gave Kato a thoughtful look, who returned it. "Who hired you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Kato said cheerfully, standing and walking towards them. Shiori stood and planted herself right between them. "Shiori, move. I don't want to hurt you."

"You're not going anywhere near them." She said, not moving an inch.

Kurama leaned down towards Hiei. "You may not have to do anything. Mother will rip him limb from limb."

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. She'd make a good demon." Hiei agreed. "However, she's in my way - I was planning to cut his head off. I don't want to accidentally hit her."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:21 pm

"There will be no bloodshed in this house unless I'm the one shedding the blood, Hiei." Shiori says.

Hiei considers and grins. "I'll allow that. Once he steps outside, though, he's fair game."

"Okay." Shiori never takes her gaze from Kato. "These are my sons, and you are not hurting them."

Kato's gaze hardens. "They are not your sons. They are demons, and I am here to kill them."

"You think I don't know that? He's my son, I know everything."

"I think I am now terrified of my mother." Kurama says faintly.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 12:22 pm

"Anyone with half a brain would be, and that includes the oaf." Hiei pointed out. Koenma is afraid of your mother."

"He is not."

"He is. Ask him."
Hiei's hand drifted to his sword as Kato took a step toward Shiori. "If you lay a hand on her, you will regret it."

"I won't hurt her." Kato sneered.

"Yes, because I'm so inclined to believe you." Hiei said. "I would advise you to step away from Shiori if you want to live."

"Are you going to kill me if I don't?"

"That's not my place. In case you've forgotten, she has a son who's quite willing to rend you down to your most basic parts if you even tap her." Hiei said easily. "I know better than to get in his way."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 1:22 am

Kato sneers. "Yes, Shiori's perfect son. I am absolutely terrified of him."

Hiei blinks. "Wow. You're dumber than I thought." Before he can continue, Shiori interrupts them.

"I don't care. Get out of my house."

Kato crosses his arms over his chest. "Shiori -"

"No. You will get out, or I will end you."

Kato stays right where he is. "I leave, I lose them - and my bounty. So no, I am not afraid of any of you."

"Who hired you?" Kurama asks abruptly. "You keep mentioning a bounty, but I thought we killed everyone stupid enough to hire assassins to come after us." "Didn't we?"

"That's what I thought."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 5:43 am

Kato gives them a mocking smile. "I don't make it a policy to tell my victims who hired me. It's between myself and them, that's it."

"When this is over, we're going to have to go over our list of enemies again. There's someone we're missing." Hiei said sourly.

"Agreed." Kurama walked up to stand next to Shiori, Hiei moving to flank her. "We should also get Mother somewhere safe. I was thinking Genkai's."

"Yes, if she'll go willingly, that is."
Hiei pointed out. "And I don't think she will. Are you still against me setting him on fire?"

There's an audible snort from Kurama that has Shiori and Kato looking at him. "Yes, Hiei. I am. I grew up in this house, and I'd like it to stay that way."

"Just checking." Hiei gave a slight shrug. "It'd be easier than just trying to eject him forcibly." he eyes Kato thoughtfully. "Though I'm not above it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 am

Kato explodes. "Do you not know who I am? I will kill all of you!"

Kurama snorts again. "Please. If you were going to kill us, you wouldn't be making a big production of it. I'm sure you've killed plenty of low-level demons in your day, but you've never taken on someone like us before. We're not intimidated."

Kato's arm swings up, revealing a gun. Hiei quickly shoves Shiori into Kurama, effectively moving both of them out of the way just as Kato fires the weapon. It misses all three of them, but leaves a nice, neat hole in the wall behind them. Hiei stands up, growling.

"Now can I set him on fire?"

"Hiei, drop!"

It's Yusuke's voice, and for once, Hiei doesn't bother to question it. He just drops to the floor just as Yusuke's spirit gun flashes over his head. It slams into Kato and knocks him into the far wall. He slumps to the ground, unconscious.

Yusuke blows mock smoke off his finger. "I thought you could use a hand." he says with a grin.

Kurama smiles at him as he helps his mother to her feet. "It's definitely better than Hiei burning him alive."

"Yeah, that would smell bad." Yusuke chuckles. He glances at Shiori. "You okay, ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Brothers Take 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Blood Brothers-
Jump to: