RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blood Brothers Take 2

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Shiori smiles at Yusuke as Kurama helps her to her feet. "I'm fine, Yusuke. Thank you for helping us."

Yusuke's smile tightens. "I have to say, it was my genuine pleasure. If you don't mind though, I think we'll just take the trash out."

Shiori glances between all three boys. "Suuichi will join you in a moment - we need to have a talk." She watches as Yusuke lifts Kato and tosses him over his shoulder. "And Yusuke, Hiei?"

"Yes, ma'am?" Both boys turn to look at her.

"Don't kill him unless you have to."

Hiei and Yusuke exchange looks. Hiei speaks first. "We make no promises. He would have shot you without a second thought if it meant hurting us. And it would have. Just for that, I want him to suffer. So he'll live for a while longer. Beyond that, I can't say."

"Can't or won't?" Shiori meets his gaze evenly.

"Can't." Hiei says simply.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Shiori considers him for a moment before nodding. Hiei and Yusuke drag Kato out of the room. Kurama stands there, staring at his mother with a completely blank expression. Shiori puts her hands on her hips and gives him a look.

"I'm not going to hit you, you know."

"I lied to you." Kurama says softly.

"Yes, you did. But it was to keep me safe, and I can understand that."

Kurama focuses on her. "How long have you known?"

"Honestly? Since you first made friends with Hiei."

Kurama's thought processes come to a screeching halt. "That . . . that long?"

"Yes. I'm pretty good at eavesdropping."

That earns her an exasperated sigh. "I knew I never should have showed Hiei where I lived." he mutters. "How did I not sense you?"
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Yusuke hefts the unconscious man over his shoulder. "Where do we take him?" he asks conversationally.

Hiei considers as they leave the house. "We could always take him to the demon realm. I know a few demons who owe me a favor."

Yusuke snorts, then levels a look at Hiei. "You lied to Shiori."

"I did. Kato will not walk away alive. Shiori is the closest thing I have to a mother, and that piece of filth threatened to hurt her." Hiei says, not looking at the detective. "Is that going to be a problem?"

"Nope. I'll stand back and let you at him. I might even help. Miss Shiori's a nice woman, and let's face it, she's probably the most protected woman in the human realm." Yusuke says easily. "His shooting at her pisses me right off."

"I imagine - however, before we make a decision, I think it wise to wait for Kurama. I suspect he's going to want a say in what happens to him."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:19 am

Shiori shakes her head. "I do have some spirit awareness. Not much, but enough."

Kurama just chuckles helplessly. "I just wanted to protect you."

"I know, sweetie." she steps up and hugs him tightly. He hugs her back before they both let go. "You owe me the full story, of course, but for now - Hiei lied to me, didn't he?"

"Kato meant to kill you to hurt us." Kurama bites out. "He will not live to make the same mistake again."

"Will you get in trouble for it?"

"Only if Koenma finds the body. More accurately, only if Koenma doesn't know what he is. We are allowed to defend ourselves against hunters."

Shiori nods, a single tear tracking down her cheek. She had been scared. She's just now showing it. "Then go take care of him and come back quickly. I want to know more about who you really are."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:26 am

Kurama smiles. "I will."

"And bring Hiei with you." Shiori adds. At Kurama's look, she smiles. "I want to thank him."

"Ah. Of course." Kurama kisses her forehead. "I'll be back soon."

He steps out the door and smiles when he sees Yusuke and Hiei waiting for him at the end of the driveway. "Ah, you waited. How kind."

"Yeah, right." Yusuke says with a grin. "We knew better than to go and have all the fun without you."

"Smart man."

"I have my moments. So, Hiei said you get final say on what happens to this piece of shit. I don't care either way, but since it was your mom, you get dibs." Yusuke says cheerfully. "I voted for death myself, and Hiei's vote went towards just tossing him to the proverbial wolves in the demon realm, but we figured you'd want a say." Yusuke continues.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:32 am

Kurama considers a moment, then smiles. "How about both?" He turns to Hiei. "Remember the blood-fields?"

Hiei's response is nothing short of vicious. "Should we rough him up a bit first before we throw him to the blood-sucking plants?"

"Of course. It's more fun if the plants know what to look for."

Yusuke chuckles. "Damn. I've said it once, and I'll say it again - remind me to never piss you two off."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:39 am

Kurama smiles as he opens the gate to the Makai. "Yes, well. We are demons after all - it's our nature. Do remind me to stop by Koenma's office to explain what happened?"

"How about this. You two take him, and I'll go explain to Koenma." Yusuke says with a laugh. "I need to talk to him anyway."

"Anything we need to know?" Hiei asks, taking Kato and tossing him unceremoniously through the gate.

"Nah. Just some questions I want answered is all." Yusuke says cheerfully. "Have fun! Film it for me!"

Hiei snorts as he passes through to the Makai, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. He smiles down at the man in front of him, before grabbing his collar and dragging him further in. "You are not a nice man at all. I'm not even sorry for the torture we're about to put you through."

Kurama follows him, chuckling. "Oh, before I forget, Hiei, mother wants you to come back home with me. She wants to thank you."

"For what?"

"Saving her life." Kurama says. "You did keep her from getting killed after all. My reflexes are good, but not that good."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:44 am

Hiei considers. "Huh. Okay then. Does she know what we're doing?"

"Oh, not all of it, but she knows he's not coming out of this alive." Kurama almost sounds cheerful, and Hiei can't help but laugh. By the time they make it to the field, Kato is waking up. Hiei tosses him to the ground and grins. It's not a nice smile.

"Take the first blow." he says, stepping back. "After all, she's your mother."

"Why, thank you, Hiei."

That's about the time Kato realized he was truly going to die.

((just how far are we going on this one? I've never really written a torture scene before))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:50 am

((Frag it - I'm skipping to the end.))

Kurama hefts the man and tosses him to the field. The plants nearest them dive for the blood already spattered on the ground while the ones that surround Kato attack and suck him dry in moments. Hiei wrinkles his nose. "I have to say, that seems very unpleasant." One of the plants drifts close to him, scenting the blood on Hiei's hands. He wisely steps back out of range.

"Well, it's not called the blood fields for nothing, Hiei." Kurama says, turning to leave. "We should wash our hands before we see mother again."

Hiei's already wiping his hands off on his cloak. "If you say so. This does just fine for me." Kurama snorts.

"Of course it does. Rust red has always been your skin tone. She won't notice at all."

"The sarcasm was unnecessary." Hiei says loftily.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:59 am

"Oh, just follow me." Kurama leads him over to a stream and they quickly wash their hands. The scent of blood in the water will draw other demons, and they quickly move on, back to the crack in the barrier. Hiei glances at Kurama

"How did you manage to avoid getting that on your clothes?"

"Years of practice." Kurama says with a grin.

"Hn. You'll have to teach me sometime."

"You wear black, Hiei. I wear white. No one will notice on you."

" . . . True enough."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:03 am

They step through the gate, and Kurama waves a hand, shutting the entrance just as the cries of demons reach their ears. Hiei snorts. "Well, that didn't take long at all, did it?"

"No. However, they won't be able to pass through. I've sealed this entrance." Kurama says, turning to walk down the street. "Come on, then. Mother is very curious, and I don't want to keep her waiting."

Hiei falls into step with him. "Should I go to your room while you have your talk with your mother?"

"I'm not sure yet. I don't think that will be necessary, but if it looks like we need to talk privately, I'd appreciate it."

Hiei nods. "I won't intrude. I'll go check on Yukina if it comes down to it. That man's threat has my hackles still raised." he admits. "I won't be able to settle until I make sure she's safe."

Kurama shakes his head. "That would be easier if you'd just tell her you're her brother." he points out as he opens the front door.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:09 am

"If she's anything like your mother, she probably already knows." Hiei points out. "So why bother torturing myself?"

"Because it would be nice for her to hear it from you."

"Take your own advice, fox."

"I'm about to."

Shiori meets them in the living room. Before Hiei can react, she hugs him and lets go quickly. "Thank you, Hiei."

"Not a problem." he mumbles, embarrassed now.

Shiori smiles and turns her attention to Kurama. "Now - tell me everything. I want to know how you came to be my son."

Kurama nods. Uncertain, but certainly not as worried as he had been before, he begins to tell Shiori about his past, starting with his first meeting with Hiei in the Demon World.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:18 am

Hiei slips out, and heads to Genkai's temple. He considers Kurama's advice, but years of denying the relation has him pausing as he lands just outside the temple. Yukina met him at the door, a small smile on her face. "Hiei. Welcome. Can I get you anything?"

He hesitates for a moment before following her into the temple. Genkai nods at him from where she sits. "Hello, Hiei. What brings you here?"

"There was a threat made against Yukina. I came to make sure she was okay." Hiei says, settling down across from the woman.

"Ah. I take it the threat is gone?"

"Yes. However, Kurama is explaining everything to Shiori. Her boyfriend turned out to be a hunter. Kurama was one of his bounties." Hiei says, accepting the cup of tea from Yukina.

Yukina gives Hiei a curious look. "Why would he threaten me? I'm no one special."

Hiei gives her a serious look. "Because you are my sister. And the hunter knew it." he looks back down at his cup.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:26 am

Kurama gives her the bare bones, but that's all of the tale he can stand to tell her. Later, when he's a little more certain of his position, he'll tell her more. Shiori by now has sat down on the couch, staring up at him with wide eyes.

"So even Yusuke is a demon?"

"Yes. The only human in our group is Kuwabara." Kurama keeps his eyes fixed on a point just above her head. Shiori takes a deep breath.

"I never knew."

"I thought I could keep you safe this way. I was wrong." He risks a glance at her. "Do you hate me, Mother?"

Faster than he thought possible, Shiori is in his space, hugging him tight. "You listen to me, Suiichi." she hisses. "I will never hate you. No matter what, you are my son, and the others are my sons, and you cannot do anything that will drive me away. Understand?"

Kurama thinks he might cry. Instead, he just wraps his arms around her and prays Yukina is as accepting as Shiori is.

"I understand."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:33 am

Hiei doesn't look up when he hears rustling, but he is taken by surprise when Yukina settles her weight against his side. He slides a cautious look to her, and she smiles back.

"I suspected, you know." Yukina says quietly. "I didn't have any proof, and I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong. But it's nice to know that I was right." she gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. "What made you keep it a secret?"

"A number of things - I wanted to protect you, and as far as your village is concerned, I'm an outcast. I don't exist." Hiei says with a small shrug.

Yukina rests her head on his shoulder. "Have you met our mother yet?"

"Yes. Once. It did not go well."

"Oh."

Hiei reaches under his shirt and pulls out his pendant. "This is all I have. I was allowed to keep it when I went to see her." He slides it off and hands it to her.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:37 am

Shiori leans back away from Kurama, giving him his space. "So your name is actually Kurama?"

"You can still call me Suiichi if you like." Kurama says immediately. Shiori shakes her head.

"No. I think I like Kurama. It suits you." She tilts her head to the side. "You must not have thought much of me, growing up."

Kurama shakes his head. "Not at first, but I learned."

"Has Hiei been here the whole time?"

"He is like a brother to me." He isn't sure if he should tell her about the blood bond, mostly because he's not certain Koenma isn't watching. That bond can still get him killed. "He kept watch over me while I was a child."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:43 am

Yukina takes the gem carefully. "Our mother's gems are always the prettiest. I can't make any this flawless."

"I don't want you to." Hiei says flatly. "I'm sorry you had to in the first place."

Yukina blinks at him. "I didn't know you knew about that."

He gives her a small smile. "Between you and Kurama, I was kept fairly busy until just recently." Yukina bursts out laughing.

"Been babysitting us, have you?"

"Someone has to. You two insist on driving me to an early grave." Hiei says with a smile.

"I have been staying out of trouble." Yukina says, smiling. She hands him his pendant back, and her smile widens just a little as he slides it back over his head. "I imagine Kurama will have much to say when he finds out you've told me."

"Yes. I'm going to hear a lot of 'I told you so's', I'm sure. He's been nagging me for a while."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:27 am

"You must have had a lot of enemies." Shiori says quietly.

Kurama can't quite stop a smile at that one. "Not anymore."

That makes his mother blink. "Okay, now I know why Yusuke calls your smile scary." she says, but she's laughing. "Stop smiling like that."

Kurama sighs in contentment. "Well, this went much better than I expected." he tells Hiei.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:31 am

Hiei snorts, causing Yukina to lift her head to give him a curious look. He taps the side of his head. "Kurama is talking to me."

"Ah. Is it because you're telepathic that he can talk to you?" Yukina asks.

"Sort of. My history with the fox is complicated." Hiei hedges. Yukina eyes him, then nods, apparently accepting the explaination.

"I'm glad. My talk with Yukina's gone somewhat better than I expected."

"I told you so."

"Shut up. I'm considering telling her about our blood bond."

"If you do decide to tell it, I won't complain. Just warn her not to tell anyone else."

"I haven't decided yet."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 am

"Whatever you decide, I will back."

"Are you going to tell Shiori about that?"

"Depends. I'm not sure if Koenma is watching."

"Yeah, that wouldn't end well."

Shiori was still watching him. "Are you telepathic as well?" she asks. "Sometimes it's like you're talking to someone else, but you don't say a word."

"Hiei is." Kurama explains. "We - well, we have a very long history together."

Her eyes narrow a bit. "Will you ever tell me?"

"Yes. It's just parts of our history could still get us into trouble. I'd rather tell you when I'm sure no one who can rat us out can hear us." He offers her a small smile.

Shiori nods. "I can understand that."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:40 am

Yukina smiles and kisses Hiei's cheek. "I imagine you'd like to get back to Kurama. So, go, and tell him hello for me. Also, he needs to visit."

Hiei snorts as he brushes a hand over her head. "I'll be sure to tell him. Be safe, Yukina. Genkai, thank you."

"You're welcome, brat. Now get out."

With a laugh, Hiei leaves, heading for Kurama's. "I'm on my way. Is it safe to come back, or should I find something else to do?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:47 am

"Go ahead and come. Mother actually likes you."

"And yet, I don't know why."
Hiei makes his way back to Kurama's house and comes to stand beside him. Shiori smiles at him.

"It's okay." she tells him. "I just had to get used to the idea, is all." She turns to the kitchen again. "Would you boys like something to drink?"

At that moment, Yusuke walks in. "Sorry to bother you, Miss Shiori, but I need to borrow them for a moment."

Kurama's gaze snaps to him. "What's going on?"

"Koenma needs us. Says he has another job for us to do."

"Tell the toddler we quit." Hiei growls.

Yusuke shakes his head. "I can't. Kuwabara's missing, and it's tied into whatever Koenma needs to tell me. I have to find him."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:56 am

Kurama nods. "Of course. Give me a moment to gather a few things, and we'll join you shortly."

"I'll be with Koenma." Yusuke gives them a tight smile. "And guys? Thanks."

Hiei gives a slight shrug. "Don't tell the oaf this, but we're fond of him." he turns to Kurama. "Gather what you'll need. Yusuke, do you know where he was when he was taken?"

"The best Koenma can figure, Kuwabara was at home."

"Then I'll go there, and see if I can find any scents. Fox, I'll meet you and the detective at Koenma's office."

"Are you sure you should go by yourself?" Yusuke asks. "I mean, usually I wouldn't object, but they took Kuwabara. And he's not an easy guy to subdue."

Hiei allows a vicious smile to cross his face. "I dare anyone to try and take me."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 2:00 am

Kurama smiles in return. "Go." he says. With a nod, Hiei flits away. Yusuke nods to Kurama and leaves as well. Kurama turns to Shiori.

"I need to get some plants out of my closet. I'd rather you not come with me. They're weapons and while I can control them, I would rather not risk you."

Shiori nods. "I'll wait here."

Kurama heads up to his room and starts gathering seeds, threading them into his hair. He considers everything that Yusuke told them, and he can't help but feel slightly sick.

Anyone that can get the drop on Kuwabara - and keep it - is not someone Kurama wants existing.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 2:08 am

Hiei lands lightly on the windowsill outside Kuwabara's window. He slides it open, and slips inside, shutting the window again. Kuwabara's scent is all over the room, but there's a scent that's unfamiliar. He frowns, placing it as a demon's scent, but not one he knows personally.

The room is a disaster, thanks to the fight that had happened when Kuwabara had been taken. Hiei found it hard to believe that Kuwabara hadn't managed to wound the demon.

He prowls around the room, opening drawers and looking under the bed. There, he finds a clue of sorts, some kind of cloth that definitely doesn't belong to Kuwabara. With it in hand, he leaves for Koenma's.

Yusuke's pacing when he arrives. "Did you find anything?"

"Yes, but I need Kurama's nose. I don't recognize the scent, but he might." Hiei says, lifting the scrap of cloth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Brothers Take 2   Blood Brothers Take 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Brothers Take 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next