RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RuroKenshin 1

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 2:24 am

(Because you said the name didn't matter!  *laughs*)

When Sanosuke, Kenshin, and Aoishi arrive back from the battle, Kaoru is relieved.  Even with Kenshin unconscious and badly wounded, she can't help but be happy.

At least he made it back.

They get Kenshin situated at the Aoiya and tend to his wounds the best they can.  Misao sends a letter to Megumi to alert her to the situation.  For about three days, everything seems like it's going back to the peaceful existence she's always known.

Then, on day four, Saitou shows up.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:07 am

"What do you think you're doing here?" At best, Kaoru's voice could be called a shriek. Saitou bites back a groan as the pitch aggravates the pounding in his head.

"I was told Himura was brought here." Saitou's leaning against the door, partly for show, and partly because if he tries to stand upright, he's pretty sure his leg will buckle. "I want to check on him."

"He's resting. You can come back when he's not unconscious." Kaoru crosses her arms. Saitou's eyes narrow, but before he can say anything, Sano moves forward.

"I'll take you to him - besides, you need to get looked at."

"I'm fine, and thank you." Saitou pushes himself off the door, and stumbles briefly, catching himself before his knee hits the ground.

"Yep, you're completely fine. Nothing to worry about." Sano's voice is completely deadpan.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:06 am

Saitou almost says something to that, but Kaoru interrupts him. "Sano! That's not wise - you don't know what he could do! Kenshin can't defend himself!"

Sano snorts. "Yeah, and Saitou isn't going to hurt someone who's completely helpless." He turns and motions for Saitou to follow him. The wolf does so, completely disregarding Kaoru.

They make it to Kenshin's room. Saitou immediately sits down with his back against the wall, watching the unconscious man. Sano examines him for a moment before sighing. "You want me to wrap your leg, or will you be comfortable with Megumi doing it when she gets here? She'll probably do a better job of it."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:56 pm

"If you have the bandage, I'll wrap it myself." Saitou shoots Sano a wry grin. "It wouldn't be the first time I've had to bandage myself."

Sano snorts. "Yeah, I bet. Let me go look - just ignore Kaoru if she comes in."

"I would merely point out that I've been alone with Himura for a good deal of this trip. If I wanted him dead, I'd have killed him a long time ago." Saitou shrugs. "It may not reassure her, but I imagine it would shut her up long enough for me to kick her back out."

"And absolutely piss her off. Please wait until I get back to say that to her - I want to see her expression." Sano laughs.

"Be sure to tell Himura about it, then. I imagine it would amuse him."

"Not that he'd show it."

"Shows what you know. I've made him laugh at her expense before." Saitou says with a slight grin, leaning his head back against the wall. "Also, if you happen to have anything for a headache, bring that with the bandage."

"I'll check. Be back in a few. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Sano leaves, and Saitou looks over at the still out cold Kenshin.

"Your friends are a pain in my ass."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:19 pm

((I'm really tempted to wake Kenshin up earlier than normal. Otherwise this will get boring for me. *laughs*))

When Sano comes back with some bandages and pain medication (courtesy of Misao), he finds that Kaoru has done exactly what he was hoping she wouldn't do. She's standing in the doorway of Kenshin's room, scowling at Saitou.

"I want to know why you're here."

"I already told you. I wanted to check on Himura."

Kaoru snorts. "Like you care about Kenshin."

Saitou's eyes narrow. Sano realizes Kaoru just hit on a sensitive subject. It's time to intervene. "Hey, missy - I don't think all the noise is good for Kenshin right now. Just wait for me outside, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:59 am

Saitou glared after the girl, thumb caressing the hilt of his sword. Sano catches the movment, and snickers.

"Subtle."

"I try." Saitou takes the bandage from Sano, and rolls his pant leg up, and begins to wind the bandage around the gash. Sano watches with a faint grin.

"Well, Megumi's gonna have a field day. Between you, me, and Kenshin, she's not gonna know where to start."

Saitou snorts. "She'll start with Himura, I'm sure. Of the three of us, he was the most injured."

(It's crappy, but it's up!)
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 12:09 pm

Sano nods. "That and Kaoru might kill her if she tried to help anyone else first. Although if I know Kenshin, he would demand she treat everyone else and then him."

Saitou snorts. "That is very true."

The fighter turns to leave the room. "Well, I'm gonna go make sure the missy isn't giving Yahiko a hard time. You get some rest. Pretty sure it's safe here." With that, he walks away.

Saitou watches him go before closing his eyes. "That girl."

"She grows on you, that she does."

His eyes snap open. "Himura."

Kenshin isn't quite awake. His eyes are barely open, but he's watching Saitou with a small smile on his face. "You made it out. I'm grateful."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:34 am

Saitou offers him a small smile. "I told you I would." he says simply. He frowns for half a second before digging in one of his pockets, making a small noise of triumph when he pulls out his now very battered pack of cigarettes. He lights one and exhales, eyeing Kenshin.

"How bad are your injuries? The girl wouldn't tell me." A grin crosses his face. "She seems to think I'll kill you in your sleep."

Kenshin gets one arm under him and levers himself somewhat upright. "I will not lie - they're pretty bad. My fight with Shishiou could have gone either way."

Saitou nods. "Megumi will be beside herself when she finally gets here. Three patients, two of whom are badly wounded. We don't stand a chance."

That makes Kenshin laugh. "That we won't. And I for one will not attempt to stop her. She will have every right to be upset."

The smell of the cigarette smoke brings Kaoru storming into the room. "Put that out right now or I'll -" Movement catches her eye, and she turns and spots Kenshin sitting up. "Kenshin! You're awake!" She rounds on Saitou. "Why didn't you say anything?!"

Saitou merely stares at her, eyebrow raised. "Because it was nice to have a conversation that didn't split my eardrums."

((Does this make me a bad person? Also, I think I mangled Shishiou's name, but I'm not sure.))
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:52 am

((No, you got the name. And you being a bad person depends on who you ask, me or Kaoru. *laughs*))

Kaoru's eyes narrow, but Kenshin interrupts her. "We are fine, Miss Kaoru, that we are. Would you please get me some water?"

Kaoru blinks. "O-of course!" With that, she scurries out of the room.

Saitou arches an eyebrow. "Thirsty?"

"No. But that will keep her busy for a few minutes." He flashes the wolf a weak grin as he continues to struggle upright. Saitou merely sighs and moves from his spot, helping Kenshin into a sitting position and allowing him to lean against his shoulder.

"You have a mean sense of humor, Himura. She'll flip her lid when she sees this."

"I get my entertainment where I can, that I do."

"Why do you insist on getting it at my expense?"

"Who says it's at your expense?"

"My eardrums."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:13 am

Kenshin merely grins and reaches for the cigarette hanging from Saitou's hand. Saitou moves it out of reach, ignoring the pout Kenshin shoots him.

"If the girl comes in and sees you smoking, she'll actively try to kill me. Wait until she leaves." The pout doesn't budge. "I have three more, Himura. I promise, you'll get a chance to smoke."

"But I want to now."

"Too bad."

"Kenshin! I brought the wat - " her sentence cuts off as she takes in the scene before her, Kenshin reaching for the cigarette, leaning very heavily against Saitou. "What do you think you're doing?!" Her voice climbed a couple octaves, and Saitou winced, glaring at Kenshin.

"Told you."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:19 am

"He's helping me sit up, that he is." Kenshin says rather cheerfully. Kaoru takes in the scene with a doubtful expression. Saitou merely arches an eyebrow at her before taking a drag on his cigarette, silently daring her to say anything.

"You don't need to be sitting up, Kenshin." she say finally. "You should lie down and rest. And you - " here she directs her glare at Saitou " - need to leave so he can rest. Now."

Kenshin's gaze snaps to her. "He doesn't have to leave, that he does not." There's no difference in his tone, but Saitou can feel his body tense up. "He's keeping me entertained."

"But Kenshin - "

"I'll leave when Himura asks me to. You have nothing to do with it."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:26 am

Saitou's hand grips Kenshin's wrist. "And you need to relax. Tensing up is not going to do you any favors." he murmurs in an undertone.

"I will not let her make you leave."

"I'd like to see her try." Saitou makes himself visibly more comfortable, the small smirk growing wider as the girl bristles.

"That is not a nice smile, Saitou, that it isn't."

"I always smile like this. You should be used to it."

There's a thud from the other side of the building, and all three heads in the room turn towards the sound. Moments later, Yahiko's hysterical laugher could be heard. "KAORU! Sano's in your room! He says you're hiding his zanbato!"

"EXCUSE ME?!" Kaoru whirls around and stomps out of the room.

Saitou frowns after her. "Would she really do that? More to the point, could she even lift it?" There's a hint of genuine confusion in his tone that makes Kenshin burst out laughing.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:34 am

"No." Kenshin says when he finally calms down and catches his breath. "Yahiko and Sano like messing with her mind, that they do. Yahiko has taken to catching and releasing frogs into the dojo. Miss Kaoru still can't figure out how they keep getting in."

Saitou stares at the door. "She's not too bright."

"I haven't figured out if she honestly doesn't know, or if she's just encouraging the game." Kenshin chuckles. He winces a little. Saitou glares at him.

"Don't pull anything."

"Stop being funny and I'll stop pulling things, that I will."

A moment later, Yahiko pokes his head into the room. "Hey Kenshin! Glad you're up! When you feel better, I gotta tell you about the battle we had here. In the meantime, you probably have about an hour before Kaoru comes back. Sano's got her pretty distracted." His piece said, he vanishes.

Saitou blinks. "Okay, I like him."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:42 am

As Saitou brings the cigarette up, Kenshin snatches it and takes a drag. Saitou merely sighs. "You do realize that I'm up to two packs a week, sharing with you? Those used to last me a week and a half."

Kenshin grins as he exhales the smoke. "I would apologize if I were sorry, that I would."

"But you're not, so don't bother looking for remorse, got it." Saitou takes his cigarette back. They fall into a comfortable silence, Kenshin dozing off against Saitou's shoulder as Saitou leans against the wall.

Kaoru pokes her head into the room, and Saitou holds a finger to his mouth, and then points to Kenshin.

Her eyes narrow, then she nods, withdrawing from the room. Saitou lights another cigarette as Sano enters the room, looking somewhat more battered than he did before. Saitou's eyebrow raises.

"The girl do that to you?"

"Yeah. I had to get her out of here somehow, and I don't think she'd appreciate me just picking her up and tossing her over my shoulder."

"I have no experience with the subject, but I thought girls liked strong men." Saitou muses.

Sano snorts. "Kaoru ain't one of 'em. She like one strong man, and I think it's safe to say that he's kinda bendy at this point."

Saitou actually has to hold his breath to keep from laughing and disturbing Kenshin.

Last edited by Jazz on Mon May 28, 2018 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:53 am

When he can speak without laughing, he says, "A little bendy?"

Sano smirks. "Oh, trust me - I know exactly where you two are going to wind up. I've suspected it before that Kenshin doesn't really discriminate. Watching him with you just confirms it."

Saitou considers that for a moment. "That's a handy piece of information to have."

"Oh, I'm sure." Sano casts a glance at the pack of cigarettes and grins. "He never smoked until you showed up. Pretty sure he only smokes with you."

Saitou snorts. "It's an expensive concession to make."

Sano laughs softly. "I'll get you some more."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:59 am

Saitou grins. "Don't worry about it - I've adjusted. There's another pack in the bag I left up front."

Sano snickers. "Already planning around his new habit, huh?"

"And attempting to moderate it. I'm not actually out to ruin his lungs, only mine." Saitou says with a wry grin. "For the most part, he only has one."

"And you?"

"More than that." Saitou lights a new one after stubbing the old one out. "Obviously." The snicker coming from the vicinity of his shoulder prompts him to turn and arch an eyebrow at Kenshin. "What?"

"I've just been listening, that I have." Kenshin cracks an eye to stare up at Saitou.

"How long have you been listening?" Sano's beginning to grin.

"Since you called me bendy."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:07 am

Sano laughs. "Am I wrong?"

"Actually, only in the sense that there's anything straight about me, that you are." Kenshin cracks an eye open and smiles at him. Sano blinks, then grins.

"See, Saitou, nothing to worry about." he teases. Saitou merely flicks him off with the hand holding the cigarette. Sano laughs. "Sorry. Unlike Kenshin here, I'm totally straight."

"That wasn't an offer, moron."

"Watch who you're calling a moron!"

Kenshin merely smiles to himself as his eyes slide shut again. Saitou glances down at him and smiles. "Comfortable, Himura?"

"Indeed I am."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:13 am

"Well, far be it from me to interrupt such a cozy scene." Sano says with a grin.

"You already have." Saitou shoots back. He shifts, and pauses, his head tilting to get a better look at his leg. "Sano, do we have any extra bandages?"

Kenshin's eyes shoot open to stare at Saitou. Saitou glances over.

"Relax. I've just bled through these and would like to change them." He looks up at Sano expectantly.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we do. Lemme go look." With that Sano stands and ambles away as Saitou inspects his wound.

"How badly are you injured, Saitou?" Kenshin asks.

"It will probably require some stitches. It looks worse than it is." Saitou says, fingers still probing the cut. "It's just a long gash."

"How long?"

"Mid thigh to shin."

"That was a move meant to cripple you."

"I know."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:20 am

"Usui was that skilled?"

Saitou snorts. "More like he was that determined. Damned fool dog." He prods at his leg, wincing a little at the pain. "It's not infected though. It'll heal."

"That's good, that it is." Kenshin attempts to straighten up, but Saitou merely pushes him back to lean against him again. "The wrap would be tighter if someone else did it, that it would. It would make it harder to bleed through."

"Perhaps, but that someone won't be you." Saitou retorts. "Megumi should be here in a few days. It'll keep 'til then. If I thought you wouldn't pitch a fit, I would make you lie back down."

"I do not pitch fits."

Before Saitou can retort, Sano walks in with new bandages.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:25 am

Sano pauses. "Do I need to come back later?"

"No, Himura's being difficult."

"Isn't he always?" Sano grins as he hands the wolf the bandages. The grin gets wider as Saitou smacks Kenshin's hands away from the bandages. "I told you I have it."

"And I said it would be better if someone else did it."

"That someone isn't going to be you. You can barely stay upright on your own." Saitou says as he unwinds the old bandages, hissing as they pull at the wound. He smacks Kenshin's hand again. "Stop it."

"Then let me help."

"Help by resting."

"That's not useful."

"It is to me."

Sano just sits back and watches them bicker with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:33 am

Saitou smacks Kenshin's hand again. "Dammit, Himura - "

"I want to help, that I do."

"Help by staying the hell out of my way!"

Sano can't help but laugh. "Kenshin, I think he's about to punch you." He steps over, smacks both Kenshin's and Saitou's hands out of the way, and wraps his leg himself. "There. Perfect solution. Not pretty, but perfect. Both of you get some rest now."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:44 am

Sano grins as he sits back and meets Saitou's glare. "You're welcome."

"Had you been anyone else, I'd have stabbed you."

"I figured I'd take my chances. Kenshin likes me and wouldn't want you to stab me. I figured I was safe."

Saitou sighs in defeat. "I feel ganged up on. This is hardly fair."

Kenshin laughs as he settles back against Saitou's shoulder. "You will get used to it, that you will."

"That sounds vaugely like a threat." Saitou murmurs, eyes sliding closed.

Sano glances over at Kenshin, who is still eyeing Saitou with a small amount of worry. "He hasn't slept yet."

"I'm fine, Himura. I can feel you worrying." Saitou cracks an eye to stare at Kenshin. "Get back here before you fall over and the girl attempts to decapitate me."

"If I do, will you sleep?"

"It's a distinct possibility."

With that, Kenshin makes himself comfortable. Sano smiles. "I'll keep watch for you two, that way, Saitou can actually get some sleep."

"That would be much appreciated." Saitou's voice is barely audible.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:57 am

Kenshin smiles at Sano. "Thank you."

"Hey, don't mention it. Sleep now. I've got this."

It doesn't take long. Pretty soon both swordsmen are out cold, Saitou leaning against the wall, Kenshin almost curled up into Saitou's shoulder. Sano can't help but smile at the sight. Kenshin deserves some happiness. Odd that he found it with the Wolf of Mibu, but whatever. Who is he to judge?

Yahiko pokes his head in the door. His eyes widen just a little when he sees the two and make the connection. Glancing at Sano, he points at them and mouths who's gonna tell Kaoru.

Sano shakes his head and mouths neither of us. Yahiko nods, visibly relieved, and walks off again.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 7:15 am

A few hours later, Saitou cracks an eye to find Sano right where he'd been sitting, watching the door. He lifted his head from the top of Kenshin's and tapped the floor, getting the other man's attention. Sano's gaze flicks to Saitou.

"Yes?"

"Is everything all right?"

"Yeah. Megumi got here quicker than expected - she hitched a ride in with a caravan. She's in the middle of convincing Kaoru to let her see us now."

"Kaoru is fighting her on this? Why?"

"First, she doesn't trust Megumi to keep the flirting to a minimum. Second, she's of the opinion that Megumi can see Kenshin when he's awake, instead of waking him up."

Saitou snorts. "If Megumi went to the trouble of getting here two days early, I think that's a poor way to repay her."

"Makes two of us. Want me to go get her?"

"Yes."

Sano grins. "You just like driving the missy up the wall."

"It is a bonus, I'll admit."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Saitou glances down at Kenshin, who still hasn't budged from his shoulder. Sano frowns. "Is something wrong?"

The wolf merely shakes his head. "He's resting. But I think he's bled through the bandages on his back. That gash may need to be stitched up."

"Oh, he'll appreciate laying on his stomach for that." Sano shakes his head. "I'll get Megumi." He stands up and leaves the room. Saitou closes his eyes for a moment, waiting for him to return. He can faintly hear voices in the outer room before Sano raises his voice to be heard clearly.

"Shove off, missy! I don't care how insecure you feel right now, Kenshin actually needs a doctor, and so does Saitou! So go take a walk until you can get it through your thick scull that Megumi is here to do a job and not to replace you!"

Saitou can't help but snort at that. "No," he murmurs, "that's my purpose here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RuroKenshin 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RuroKenshin 1
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Rurouni Kenshin-
Jump to: