RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RuroKenshin 1

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 12:28 am

"That would not have ended in his favor." Kenshin murmurs quietly. Luka tilts his head in question. Kenshin continues. "I remember a fight back during the Revolution. An Imperialist tried to use a small child he found - a samurai's son - to force Saitou into allowing himself to be killed. Zero Stance Gatotsu is not something that can be stopped, that it is not. The child was unharmed."

Saitou just stares at Kenshin while the rest of the group considers that. "So you were watching that fight."

"I was. It was dishonorable." Kenshin shrugs. "Had you not killed him, I would have done so myself."

"So you knew about Zero Stance?" Luka asks.

"I knew. It's a good thing he never got the chance to use it on me, that it is. He probably would have killed me."

"Well, if you had the Amakakeru Rio no Hirumeki back then, I would have been killed too." Saitou points out. "Damn good way to die, though. Back then, at least." Kenshin has to nod assent to that.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Yahiko grins. "You know, it's weird hearing you two talk about the Revolution. I mean, I know it was ten years ago, but it still kinda makes you two sound old."

Megumi and Sano burst out laughing as Saitou and Kenshin blink at Yahiko. Megumi grins widely. "I wasn't aware we were travelling with a couple of senior citizens. Think maybe we could have gotten a discount?"

Saitou merely closes his eyes and sighs while Kenshin just hangs his head. "My friends are mean, that they are."

"You've made that observation before." Saitou remarks, taking another drag of his cigarette. He catches Megumi's narrowed eyes. "Do not touch it. I wasn't able to stop you before. I will now."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Megumi says with a grin.

Luka and Yahiko exchange looks, then look back over at Megumi. She smiles. "I took his cigarette last time."

"Oh." Yahiko thinks about that for a moment. "And he let you?"

"Letting her is a strong way to put it." Saitou says, moving the cigarette out of reach. "I was pinned, and she took advantage of it."

"I gave it back!"

"Yes, only after Himura pointed out that I get mean without them." Saitou's eyebrow raises. "Perhaps take that warning to heart."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Megumi sighs. "I can't do anything about Saitou or Kenshin, but Sanosuke, really? You're gonna start smoking too?"

"I'm not gonna turn down a smoke." Sano protests.

Kenshin just watches the budding argument from behind his own cigarette, a pleased smile on his face. Saitou glances at him and arches an eyebrow. Kenshin merely smirks.

Kaoru finds her way back into the train car, effectively shutting down the argument. Yahiko sighs. "Damn. And it was just getting interesting too."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Sano's eyebrow raises as Kaoru walks over to join them. "Better?" he asks quietly.

Kaoru nods. "Yes." she turns to look over at everyone. "I just wanted to apologize to everyone. I've been in a bad mood for a few days, and I took it out on all of you, and that wasn't fair. It took Sano pointing that out, and I'm sorry."

Megumi gets up and hugs the younger girl. "I'm glad you've got your head back on straight." she says quietly. "Men are overrated."

That makes Kaoru laugh. "That's true." she slides a look over at Kenshin, then smiles. "Am I forgiven?"

Kenshin laughs. "Everyone has bad days, Miss Kaoru, that they do. I am glad you are getting back to your old self, I have missed her, that I have."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Kaoru blushes a little, but she merely smiles and turns her attention to the window. Kenshin merely sighs. "It's going to be a long trip home, that it is." he murmurs. He glances at Saitou. "What will you do when we get back?"

Saitou shrugs. "I have to report in. Might ask about getting stationed permanently in Tokyo. I'm getting a little old to not have a home base."

Megumi doesn't miss the way Kenshin brightens at that. Unfortunately, neither does Kaoru. Her eyes narrow a little as she observes them. Sano merely smiles.

"It'll be good to have you around, wolf." he says simply. "Keep Kenshin here from working too hard."

"Hey!" Kenshin laughs.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Saitou snorts. "He does not need my help for that. After all, Tokyo may be my home base, but that does not mean I will not be travelling around a lot." he grins. "I am good at what I do, after all."

Sano laughs. "Not ready to retire yet?"

"Gods, no. I'm barely thirty-three. I'm not going to retire for a long time." Saitou says, looking a hair affronted. That makes Kenshin and Megumi burst out laughing. Luka and Yahiko exchange looks.

"He is old." Yahiko remarks quietly to Luka. He looks up and catches Saitou's gaze.

"I heard that." Saitou remarks. "I'm only old in comparison to you, brat." he reaches over and flicks Yahiko's nose.

"Ow!"

Saitou scoffs. "Please, that didn't hurt."

Yahiko glares at him while rubbing his nose. "Says you!"

Kaoru snorts. "You deserved it. That was rude, Yahiko."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Sano chuckles. "Eh, something tells me you won't be going off alone when you travel." he says quietly enough that no one else will hear him. Saitou manages to catch it though, and he can't help the small smirk.

"Wait," Luka says suddenly, "how old are you, Kenshin?"

"29, that I am."

"You're both a lot older than I thought you were." His gaze turns to Sano. "How old are you?"

"19. I'm a baby compared to them." Sano laughs.

"Huh. And yet you get along with them so well."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Saitou leans over to Kenshin, speaking low enough that only he can hear. "Does that mean we're cradle robbers?"

The question makes Kenshin burst out laughing. "Yes, it does."

"Okay, just checking." Saitou takes a drag off his cigarette and smiles. "I'm okay with that."

Luka looks over at Kaoru. "How long have you been teaching Yahiko?"

Kaoru smiles. "A little over a year now. He can be obnoxious, but he's a good student."

Yahiko pouts. "That was an insult mixed with a compliment. Only you can pull that off, Kaoru." he mutters, making Luka laugh.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Kenshin watches the exchange between Luka, Yahiko, and Kaoru with a small, fond smile on his face. Saitou glances at him. "You really care for her." he murmurs.

"She has become like a sister to me." he murmurs back. "A sister who's a bit of a pain, but a sister nonetheless."

Saitou merely nods. "Okay, then."

Sano grins. "Trying to figure out the dynamics?"

"Something like that." Saitou flashes him a grin. "I don't plan on going anywhere, so alienating anyone really isn't an option."

"You don't gotta worry about that." Sano replies. "Kenshin's got your back, so you've got a place at the dojo. It's as simple as that."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 10:43 pm

"It might take some time for the missy to warm up to you, but she will. I think it's just gonna have to be through exposure. That's how I stuck around." Sano says with a grin. "Don't sweat it."

"I'm not. I just know that she doesn't like me." Saitou says with a grin.

"I don't trust you. There's a difference." Kaoru interjects. The pause that earns her as three pairs of eyes focus on her makes her grin. "What? Forgot that there are other people on the planet?" she teases.

Kenshin gives her a sheepish grin. "We do get caught up in our own conversations, that we do."

"I don't mind it - just don't be so surprised when someone adds their opinion." Kaoru winks. "Especially when that someone is being talked about."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Kenshin grins back. "Why do you not trust Saitou?" he asks.

Kaoru raises an eyebrow. "Have you forgotten what he did to Sano?" That earns her blank stares from both Kenshin and Sano. She can't help but chuckle. "You totally did. You totally forgot that Saitou beat the shit out of Sano."

"If it's any consolation, I never intended to kill him." Saitou comments dryly. "I just wanted to get Himura's attention. I was ordered to expose any potential weaknesses."

"Besides, I've forgiven him." Sano winks at him. "Still need to kick your ass for that, but forgiven."

"I'm so relieved."

"If your tone was any drier, you'd give the desert a run for its money."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Saitou shrugs as Kenshin and Kaoru laugh. "He's not wrong, you know." Saitou points out. He glances over and nudges Kenshin, jerking his chin at the boys, both of whom have fallen asleep in a pile on the seat.

"That's cute, that it is." Kenshin murmurs. Kaoru leans around Megumi to look.

"Aw, how cute!" she says with a grin. "It's nice to know that Luka is comfortable enough around us to sleep."

Megumi nods. "Yeah, though he's using me as a pillow. And I really need to use the rest room." she glances at Kaoru. "Come here and trade places with me."

"Won't he wake up?"

"Will you just switch so I can go?!"

"Fine, fine. How do you wanna do this?" Kaoru stands as Megumi gently lifts Luka's head and slides out from under it. Kaoru sits down and Megumi sets Luka's head back down.

"Like that. Be right back." Megumi hurries out of the carriage.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Luka wakes up just enough to register a change in position before going back to sleep. Yahiko grins. "I'm glad he's comfortable. I want him to stick around."

"Gets kinda lonely being the youngest?" Sano comments.

"Yeah. I mean, you and Kaoru are great and all, but I have no one my age most of the time. Except for Tsubame. But she doesn't come to the dojo."

"True enough." Kenshin comments.

Yahiko shrugs. "Not like I'm not happy, you know."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Megumi returns, and once again, very carefully, the two women switch places. Megumi smiles as she pets Luka's head. "You're awake, Yahiko?"

"Yeah. I was kinda dozing, so I heard you guys aww'ing." Yahiko grins. "It's nice to know you guys still think I'm cute."

Kaoru rolls her eyes. "Don't get to full of yourself there, kiddo."

Yahiko scoffs. "Please. If anyone's full of themselves, it's Sano. He's got the biggest ego out of all of us."

Kenshin bursts out laughing. "That is true, that it is." Saitou merely lights another cigarette and takes a drag. Kenshin grins. "And Saitou agrees with me."

"Says who?" Saitou asks. "I'm just lighting another cigarette."

"You're laughing. I can feel it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Saitou rolls his eyes. "And how am I laughing?"

"I can feel it in your chi."

"Like hell you can."

"How about we follow Luka's example and try to get some sleep." Megumi says, chuckling at the others' antics.

"Sound plan." Saitou agrees.

"You guys should sleep. I'll stay awake a while longer, that I will." Kenshin replies easily.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Saitou rolls his eyes and looks over at Sano. "Which one of us is going to end up carrying him off the train because he won't sleep for the duration of the trip?"

"You will. He won't stab you." Sano says immediately.

"What makes you think I want to?" Saitou demands.

Kenshin kicks them both. "I am sitting right here, that I am!" he laughs. "I can hear you both!"

Sano yelps, while Saitou pulls his feet up and checks his shin. The bruise forming is impressive, and he gives Kenshin a glower for it. "That was unnecessary."

"It was too. I do plan to sleep sometime during the trip."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Sano rolls his eyes. "Right. You're going to be up all night keeping watch. I know you."

Kenshin pinches the bridge of his nose. "Sano." he whines.

Saitou just grins. "If you think I don't already know what your plan is, you're wrong and stupid." He stubs out the cigarette and leans back. "Go to sleep, Himura. I'll take first watch. Between the three of us and a moving train, I don't think there will be much to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:40 pm

A few hours after everyone's fallen asleep, Saitou lights another cigarette, and sighs quietly. He stretches his arms and legs for a moment before relaxing again. His gaze slides sideways and meets Sano's. "Yes?" his voice is quiet.

"Are you planning to keep watch the entire night?" Sano's voice lowers to match Saitou's.

"I don't see why not." Saitou shrugs. "It's quiet, and I can think." Kenshin shifts, and Saitou looks down to make sure the redhead isn't getting up. He looks back up to see Sano smiling. "What?"

"You two are cute."

"We are anything but."

(Meh, it's crappy, but it's up.)
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Sano smirks, but he decides to drop that line of teasing. For now, Saitou doesn't seem to mind his teasing, and he'd rather keep it that way. "What are you thinking about?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Because I might be able to help? Especially if it's about the missy or Kenshin."

For a moment, Saitou just stares at him, as if considering. Sano arches an eyebrow and stares right back. Finally, the wolf grins.

"Why did you stay with Himura?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Sano pauses to think. "Well, I didn't mean to, not at first. Did he tell you I was contracted to find, fight, and hopefully kill him?"

Saitou shakes his head. "No, he didn't."

"Yep. So our first encounter wasn't exactly friendly. So, he won, kicked my ass pretty soundly, took me home with him, and patched me up." Sano laughs. "I gotta tell you, I wasn't expecting him to fix me up after he kicked my ass. Usually, I'd patch myself up."

Saitou chuckles. "He has a habit of picking up strays. You, me, Luka. The list just keeps getting bigger."

"If anything, it's the missy who's collecting strays. It's her dojo, but most of us are because of Kenshin." Sano says, leaning back in his seat. Saitou lights another cigarette and passes it over. Sano takes it, with a nod of thanks.

"Am I allowed to ask where you keep getting these?" Sano asks with a grin. "You never seem to run out."

"I made it a point to stock up for the ride home. It was fairly expensive, but worth it." Saitou smiles. "I will not be running out anytime soon."

"How many packs did you get?"

"Several."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 11:41 pm

Sano chuckles. Saitou directs the conversation back to where he wants it to go. "What made you decide to stick around?"

"I wanted to see if he was actually different from the other Imperialists." At Saitou's questioning look, he adds, "I was a member of the Sekihoutai."

And suddenly, the last name clicks. "Sagara. You took the captain's surname as yours."

"Yep. Man was the closest thing to a father that I knew."

"You were only a child."

"Didn't matter to me."

Saitou can only nod. "I'm disappointed with myself for not making the connection sooner. I'm also rather surprised you didn't kill Himura on the spot."

Sano snorts. "Like that can happen. But I'm glad I didn't. I found a new family with him." There's something about his tone that makes Saitou smirk, but it's gone by the time Sano focuses on him again.

His goal may not be as hard to reach as Kenshin thought.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:38 am

Sano leans back and eyes the wolf speculatively. "What about you? What made you stick around?"

Saitou grins around the cigarette. "We became somewhat friendly during the war. It was a bit of an unspoken agreement between Himura and I that if we ran into each other on the way to some battle, if we were alone, we'd have a cigarette, enjoy a little company and move on." Saitou exhales the smoke. "I was lucky to have never really faced him in battle - I rather imagine he'd have killed me."

"Did you smoke together often?"

"Often enough that it became a habit." Saitou's grin turns wry. "You might have noticed that while I smoke like a chimney, he's got a pretty serious habit himself. And it's entirely my fault."

Sano starts laughing. "So the comment I made earlier about sharing a smoke after kicking someone's ass was dead on."

"Yes."

"It's nice to be included in that little ritual, even if I don't really smoke." Sano grins. "Is this going to be a regular thing? You offering me a cigarette?"

"Probably. I imagine this isn't going to be the only time that we end up fighing on the same side." Saitou leans back and takes another drag. He raises an eyebrow. "Want one?"

"What the hell, sure." Sano grins as Saitou lights another one and passes it over.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Kenshin stirs a little. Saitou merely adjusts his position so the smaller swordsman can more easily curl up against his shoulder. Kenshin settles back down without ever actually waking up. Sano grins.

"You ever gonna tell anyone?"

"You mean, are we going to tell Kamiya."

"Well, yeah, her. But just anyone. I mean, you're keeping a low profile, but you know there's gonna be other girls out there with a crush on Kenshin." He can't help but grin at the smirk on Saitou's face.

"I'm not concerned."

"Oh? And if some guy wanted to take him from you?"

"Himura goes where he wants. I'm more than a little confident he's right where he wants to be."

Sano chuckles. "Okay then. I'm just looking forward to that fight, when someone decides to challenge that."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 am

Saitou raises an eyebrow. "Are you going to watch?"

"Hell yes. That'll be bound to be hilarious, especially since it'll almost certainly be a civillian, so you won't be allowed to kill him." Sano says with a grin, nodding at the still sleeping Kenshin. "I guarantee he won't let you."

Saitou sighs. "This no-killing policy of his is getting problematic. Are you sure he won't let me kill them?"

"Pretty positive, yeah."

"What if I never told him?"

"Probably wouldn't work." Sano says with a grin, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Hmm. I'll have to think of something." Saitou muses, making Sano choke on the smoke he'd just inhaled. Saitou gives him a look. "Need a thump on the back?"

"Good. I'm good." Sano coughs out. The look doesn't go away. "Seriously, I'm fine."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 pm

The sound of Sano coughing is enough to somewhat wake Kenshin. "Sano?" he murmurs, not really opening his eyes.

Sano finally regains his breath. "'m good, Kenshin. Just got choked is all."

"Oh. Be careful, Sano." With that his breathing evens out again.

Saitou snorts. "Bet you ten bucks he doesn't remember that when he wakes up."

"Nope. Not taking that bet." Sano grins. "Although you should probably follow his lead and go to sleep. I can keep watch for a while." Saitou arches an eyebrow. Sano just smirks. "I'm better at it than the missy and you know it."

"A rock is better at it than Kamiya."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RuroKenshin 1   RuroKenshin 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RuroKenshin 1
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Rurouni Kenshin-
Jump to: