RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaku Ren Bo

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 am

Hiei scoffs. "Now you know why i prefer to patch him up when he's unconsious."

"You also fight dirty." Kurama points out, pointing a finger at him. "This is why I patch my own wounds, thank you very much."

Hiei laughs silently at him. "I don't know why you assume I do that."

"Because you have before? Repeatedly?"

"Only when your fool self needed it."

"Which, according to you, is often."

Yusuke laughs. "Stop switching to silent conversations on us!" he teases.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 2:58 pm

"Sorry, it's habit." Hiei says, not sounding apologetic in the least.

Kurama laughs at the pout on Yusuke's face. "We've been doing that for centuries, Yusuke. It's kind of hard to change habits like that on the drop of a hat."

Yusuke laughs. "I get it. Hey! Do you guys think that if I were to forge that kind of bond with Kuwabara that we'd be able to talk like you two do?"

Hiei and Kurama look at each other, then back at Yusuke. Kurama frowns. "I'm not sure. One of you has to be a telepath, and I don't think either of you are."

"Not true. Kuwabara's a latent telepath. He's just never had to use it." Hiei corrects.

Kurama and Yusuke blink at Hiei, causing the smaller apparition to bite back a grin. "Kuwabara's a telepath?" Kurama asks.

"Yes. I could teach him to use that talent, but I'd prefer to wait until we're clear of the tournament." Hiei says.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 10:01 pm

"More importantly, would you be willing to do something that would end you up on Koenma's hit list?" Kurama asks.

Yusuke and Kuwabara exchange looks. Yusuke shrugs. "We've kicked around the idea." he says. "Besides, since we do we care about what Koenma thinks?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Kurama and Hiei exchange a long look. Hiei shrugs and grins. "That's a fair point. I do most of what I do simply because it pisses him off."

Kurabara shakes his head. "I can't tell who's the worst influence here - Hiei or Yusuke."

Yusuke laughs. "Hiei is - he's had more practice."

"And I got that practice from Kurama, so take that as you want." Hiei says with a grin.

Yusuke laughs as Kurama gives a smug grin. "Kinda proud of that, are you?"

"A little. I like to think I've managed to corrupt at least one of my friends."

"Just one, huh?" Kuwabara asks. "Isn't that aiming a little low?"

"Nah. Mostly it's just to prove to myself that I can." Kurama admits with a grin. "Hence, Hiei."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Hiei glares at him. "Remind me to kick you later."

"Not now?"

"You are not screwing up my work." Yukina says primly. "There. That should do it."

Hiei laughs silently. "That's why not now."

"She's almost as scary as you are."

"As we say, I've had more practice."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 2:38 pm

"Give her time - I'm sure she'll be up to our standards." Kurama says cheerfully.

Yukina sits back on her heels and smiles. "I'm done. Please try to wait an hour or two before ruining it, okay? The salve needs to sink in."

"Salve?" Kurama asks, lifting his arm and inspecting it.

"Hiei got you better than I think he meant to. The cut was pretty deep, and the salve will help speed the healing." Yukina says, watching Kurama flex his arm. "So, let it set."

"Thank you, Yukina." Kurama says. His eyes flick to Hiei before looking back at Yukina. "Are you still planning on joining us at the tournament?"

"Yes. You five need a healer, and I'm the best there is." Yukina says, shooting Kurama a grin. "And as I understand it, your mother's not half-bad either."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 6:12 pm

"She's getting better every day." Kurama says with no small amount of pride. Hiei examines his arm with a frown.

"Did I get you that bad?"

"Don't worry. I wasn't paying enough attention." Kurama assures him.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Hiei snorts. "This is the reason I don't like sparring you on a plant high." he mutters.

Kurama just rolls his eyes. "You really need a new name for it."

"No. Plant high works."

Before the bickering can devolve any further, Koenma shows up. He's traded out his toddler form with his teenage form. "I'm assuming training is going okay?"

"As okay as ever." Yusuke quips. "What are you doing here? Please tell me it's not more bad news."

"Only marginally. There's only one other team that has fighters we know - Jin, Toya, Rinku, and Chu. Hilariously enough, their fifth member is actually Shishiwakimaru."

That makes Yusuke laugh. "Seriously? The boy band freak with the crush on Genkai?"

"Don't remind me." Genkai growls. "So we don't know anyone else?"

"Pretty much."

"That's good. We actually stand a chance of avoiding fighting one team. Our luck probably wouldn't hold out with multiple teams."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 pm

"It's like I said it, and it happened. I was hoping that they'd managed not to be invited."Hiei mutters sourly.

Kurama's mouth twitches. "You were hoping they wouldn't qualify? You know that the only reason they were chosen is because of Chu."

"Whom I consider a friend. An annoying drunkard of a friend, but a friend."
Hiei pauses and looks down at Koenma, who's staring at him. "What?"

"You've been very quiet."

"Aren't I allowed to be? I'm not especially thrilled with the fact that I'm being forced to fight in a another dark tournament." Hiei stops, and his head tilts considering. "Maybe I can do to the dark tournament what I did to Kaku Ren Bo. Keep burning it down until it gets the hint to stay dead." He looks down at Kurama. "What are my odds?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Kurama chuckles. "I'd say about as well as Kaku Ren Bo." he teases. Hiei smiles brightly.

"Awesome."

Yusuke grins. "A cheerful Hiei is almost as scary as a plotting Kurama. Stop that." Kurama just cracks up laughing. Koenma shakes his head.

"If you think you can get away with burning Hanging Neck Island to the ground, you have my permission." he says casually. "Actually, there's something I need to tell all of you." He waits until everyone is at the very least looking at him. "This wasn't my choice, and I fought my father on this one. That being said - whatever you have to do to survive, do it. I don't care."

The group exchange surprised looks. "Even killing humans?" Yusuke asks.

"Collateral damage. I won't arrest you for it."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 2:01 am

Hiei gives Koenma a considering stare, and more suprisingly, Koenma stares right back. A corner of Hiei's mouth twitches. "I like this new you."

"I'm angry that you all have to compete again. So, if killing everyone on the damn island is what it takes for them to finally get the hint and stop organizing these things, then so be it. I'll not only encourage it, I'll actively help you if I can."

Hiei nods slowly, then looks down at Kurama. "All things considered, fox, having your mother at the tournament isn't a good idea, especially if I can do the kind of damage to Hanging Neck Island the toddler says I can. She may get in the crossfire."

"I dare you to try and stop her." Kurama says with a grin. "I'll watch the attempt."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Yusuke sighs. "Hiei has a point."

"And so do I. You know my mother, Yusuke. She won't stay home if she doesn't want to. And trust me, I've tried to convince her. Repeatedly."

"I would know. I've listened in on the conversation." Hiei comments dryly. "I still think there needs to be a way to keep her home."

Koenma shakes his head. "If she won't stay home, then I'll keep an eye on her. I will be at the tournament as well. Between myself and Yukina, we'll be able to keep her safe."

Yusuke smirks. "I'm with Hiei. I like this new Koenma."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Koenma scoffs. "Don't get used to it. Once this is over, I'll be right back to harassing all of you."

"Shame." Hiei murmurs. "I could actually work with the new you and not complain too much."

Yusuke leans over to Kurama. "Think that'll keep Koenma as chill as he is right now?"

"Doubt it. He is Enmah's son, after all. There's a reputation to maintain." Kurama says with a grin as Hiei and Koenma have a small staring contest.

Hiei's beginning to smile a little, and Yukina taps him on the shoulder, getting his attention. "Yes?"

"That isn't a nice smile, Hiei. Knock it off." Yukina's voice is prim, and it makes Yusuke and Kurama burst out laughing as Hiei blinks at her.

"I smile like that all the time."

"Only at people you consider a threat. He isn't, so stop it." Hiei eyes her, and Yukina points a finger warningly. "And get that thought out of your head. I'll tell Shiori on you."

That makes Hiei blink again, and Yusuke gives up trying to breathe through his laughter. Hiei stares at Yukina.

"Did you just threaten to tell Kurama's mother on me?"

"Yes."

"I haven't done anything!"

"You were thinking about it."

As they bicker back and forth, Kurama grins at Yusuke, who's turning vaguely blue due to lack of air. "Do you think they're making up for lost time?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:14 pm

"Probably." Yusuke can't quite stop laughing. "I can't believe she threatened to sic Shiori on him! That's like the one threat that might actually work!"

Koenma glances at Hiei. "Do I want to know what you just thought about me?"

"Probably not." Hiei grins.

"Don't take it personally." Kurama says with an easy smile. "He thinks those kinds of thoughts about everyone. Even me. That's how he begins seeing you as a friend."

Hiei glares at him. "You lying fox."

That earns him an arched eyebrow. "Tell me, what part of my assessment was wrong?"

"All of it."

"You lying dragon."

Yukina grins and leans over to Yusuke. "They bicker like an old married couple."

That sets Yusuke off all over again.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 4:55 pm

"I have to get back to the spirit world, but let me know once you've hammered out a plan." Koenma says. "I'll see you at the tournament."

---/

As they board the ship taking them to Hanging Neck Island, Hiei stuffs his fists into his pockets and scowls. "Yay. Next stop, death and destruction."

"Stop being so gloomy, Hiei. We'll be fine." Yusuke says cheerfully, looking around with interest. Kuwabara shakes his head.

"I don't get how you can be so cheerful about this, Urameshi. This like, the opposite of fun."

"Well, at least Toguro and his team won't be here for it." Kurama says with a faint grin. "That's what I'm happiest about." he turns to Shiori. "Holding up all right?"

Shiori nods as she looks around at the demons milling around. "Yes. I see what you mean, though. These guys don't look thrilled to see you."

Yusuke flips off a demon as it walks by, glaring at him. "Yeah, we're not the most popular bunch around. Can't imagine why."

Hiei gives Yusuke a flat look. "Gee. I wonder."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Shiori almost laughs, until another demon gets a little too close. Then she just hits it in the head. "Don't even." she snaps. "I'm human, not a pushover." The thing sulks away, rubbing its head, while the rest of its teammates laugh at it.

Yusuke and Kurama exchange looks while Hiei just laughs. "Yep. I'm convinced she's actually a demon." Hiei cackles.

"I'm almost willing to believe it too." Genkai grins. She and Shiori exchange high-fives. "Now I know what kind of woman it takes to raise Kurama."

"Oh, you've always known it." Kurama grins. "Now the rest of the demon world is gonna figure it out." Still, the rest of the group shifts to stand just a little closer to her, and she continues to glare indiscriminately at any demon that looks like it wants to get too close.

Hiei glances at Kurama. "Still not sure this is a good idea, fox."

"Yeah, I'm not either. On the other hand, if nothing else, I do trust Koenma and Yukina to keep her safe."

((I kinda wanna ship Hiei and Kurama in this one, too. Is that okay?))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 12:37 pm

((Ooh! My fave ship! Let it sail!))

"I trust Yukina. I'm still on the fence about the toddler."

"He won't be stupid enough to let anything happen to Mother."
Kurama says cheerfully. "Largely because I'll kill him if anything does."

"She may not need protecting, she's doing just fine on her own."
Hiei says with a fair amount of amusement, watching her smack another demon upside the head. "That said, she might wanna stop hitting everything that isn't us. Someone's gonna try and hit back."

Before Kurama can say anything, Genkai nudges Shiori. "You might want to stop antagonizing everyone. You're already in a significant amount of danger, you know."

Shiori shrugs. "Might as well earn it, if I'm gonna be babysat the whole time." she says with a grin.

Hiei closes his eyes with a sigh. "Your mother is gonna be the death of us."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:38 pm

((And sail it shall!))

Kurama sighs. "Mother, please don't make us worry more than we already are." he pleads.

Before Shiori can reply, the announcer comes over the speakers. It's the same message they got last time they came to Hanging Neck Island - only one team on the boat gets to compete, and that team will be decided by a battle royale. Yusuke glares. "Oh come on! We did this shit last time!"

"Standard operating procedure." Genkai mutters. "Lovely. I'm not doing it this time. Someone else can go start a fight."

Hiei glances at Shiori. "If this turns out like last time, we're going to have a problem keeping her safe. She's an easy target on this ship."

"We'll worry about that if it happens." Kurama says. "For now, let's just deal with the elimination round. Who wants to fight now?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Yusuke rolls his eyes. "I'll do it, fox-boy. See how well they remember Genkai's shotgun. You guys keep Shiori safe just in case they decide to try to kill us all."

"I'd like to watch them try!" Kuwabara brags. "We'll get them just like we did last time!"

Kurama and Hiei exchange looks and eye-rolls. Shiori grins at them as Yusuke walks up and jumps up on the makeshift arena. The announcer starts the fight, and like last time, the entire group gangs up on Yusuke. The detective almost laughs at that.

They clearly haven't learned. He blasts them away with his shotgun.

Hiei grins. "That was effective."

"And now we wait for them to make their move." Kurama murmurs.

((Does that help?))
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 12:45 pm

((Yes, thank you! My internet went down last night and I couldn't fix it.))

Kurama watches the fight with some amusement, and notes that some of the other teams are looking their way. "We might have some company."

"If they're dumb enough to try, feel free to take them out." Hiei says, leaning against the railing next to Shiori. He glances to the right, and catches the eye of a demon studying her. His hand drops to his hip, thumb flicking his sword out. The demon looks away, and Hiei nods, satisfied.

"Aw, you're actually going to let me participate this time?" Kurama says with a grin. "I feel so loved."

"Well, it's either be you, Genkai, or the oaf. And Genkai did it last time." Hiei points out. "You didn't get to have any fun. It seems only fair."

Genkai laughs from Shiori's other side. "You'll note that you're still armed."

"I'm not stupid - Kurama is an excellent fighter. But he is one demon against a hundred others. Someone might get by him. They won't get by me." Hiei points out.

"So Kuwabara and I are the last line of defense. I think you two got this backward. Isn't the last line of defense supposed to be the strongest?" Genkai says with a laugh.

((MY MUSE HAS RETURNED! PRAISE JESUS! *does a happy dance*))
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 11:57 pm

Before Kurama can retort, the other demons start to draw their weapons. He rolls his eyes. "Figures. Same as last time."

"If we kill them now, then one of us stands a chance!" someone in the crowd says.

Yusuke grins. "They're not that strong. Want to have some fun, Kurama?"

"You'll leave them all to me?" A slow smile crosses Kurama's face. "I think I'd rather enjoy that."

Hiei glances up at Shiori, who's watching Kurama with a mixture of curiosity and wariness. He inclines his head. "There's a reason I partnered with him." he says quietly.

Shiori nods. "I know. He tries so hard to hide this part of himself from me, it surprises me to see it sometimes."

One of the demons lunges. "Enough of this! Die!"

Kurama takes him out with his whip. "Bring it. I could use the practice."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 1:34 pm

The demon charging Kurama doesn't make it two steps before he's cut in half, Kurama's whip retracting just as fast as it'd appeared. Kurama's smile is somewhat bloodthirsty as he steps forward. "Come, then. If you think you can take me out, go ahead and try."

Pretty much as one, the crowd orients on Kurama, and Genkai and Hiei close ranks around Shiori, filling the gap that Kurama left.

The whip cracks once, then is swinging so fast it's a blur, demons falling left and right. It flicks out, catches a demon making an attempt to get past Kurama, and flings the unfortunate demon overboard. Kurama merely smiles. "I don't think so."

"I had him!" Kuwabara pouts, sword out and waiting. Kurama grins.

"You can get the next one."

"That's a damn lie." Yusuke says with a grin. "You won't leave us any."

Shiori's eyes are wide, and Genkai smiles. "Stop worrying about him. This is nothing he can't handle. None of those demons will touch him."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 am

"None of them?" Shiori says faintly.

"Nope. Not one." Genkai gives her a side look. "Did you think we were chatting him up?"

"Not really. But I'm his mother. It's my job to worry, even if it is pointless."

Hiei snorts. "Now we know where he gets it from." he says dryly.

Suddenly Kurama's whip retracts, and he resumes his position standing beside Hiei. "That should do it." he says. Somehow he avoided getting covered in blood, despite the sheer carnage of the boat. Hiei smirks.

"Have fun, fox?"

"Of course." He glances at Shiori and his smile becomes slightly strained. "Mother?"

"Don't mind me. I'm just making sure you're actually in one piece."

That makes the entire team start laughing.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 9:40 am

Kurama surveys the damage with a grin. "I think I got my point across."

Yusuke laughs. "I think I'm glad that the only friends we have in this competition are on another boat." he remarks with a grin. "I'd hate to see Chu and the others torn to shreds by your whip."

"I would have spared them and you know it." Kurama laughs. "I am fond of them."

"Right up until we have to fight them." Hiei points out.

Kuwabara grins. "I call dibs on Rinku. He kicked my ass, and it's payback time."

Hiei heaves a sigh and looks up at Kurama. "Do you know what the oaf would like on his headstone?"

"HEY!"

Shiori shakes her head. "I know all of you can handle yourselves, but I strongly suspect watching this tournament is going to make me go completely gray."

Yusuke smiles. "If it does, I bet it'll be a good color on you."

Shiori hits him, making him yelp. "That is not how you respond to that."

Hiei's eyes widen a fraction. "I'm glad the Detective beat me to that response. I was going to say that."

Kurama blinks in Hiei's direction for a second, then bursts out laughing.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Shiori blinks and stares at the boys. "Suiichi?"

Kurama holds up a hand, still laughing. "Sorry. Hiei is being funny."

"I am not!"

Which just sets Kurama off again. Hiei glares at him. "I will gut you, fox, and not even feel sorry about it."

"That is not a threat I take seriously." Kurama giggles.

Yusuke blinks at them. "What was so funny?"

Hiei shrugs. "I told him I was glad you said it first."

That makes Shiori laugh. Kurama grins. "Exactly! It's funny!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaku Ren Bo
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum