RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaku Ren Bo

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Kurama flinched as the thing slammed into his barriers. One of them cracked. By now he was starting to sweat, and he knew he was going to have a migraine by the time this was over. Better than being dead.

"Do it."
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Hiei narrowed his eyes, focusing on the barrier. He touched it, infusing it with some of his own power. The demon slammed into the barrier again, and the barrier flared to life, fire dancing along it, and catching on the demon. Hiei's smile widened a fraction, before he fed more of his power into the spark, the flame spreading along the demon. "Take that."

"Hiei, what did you do?"

"I set the demon on fire. I noticed when he tried to breach my barriers that when they burned, he turned away. Hasn't tried again. So I tried something similar with yours, and this time, he caught himself on fire."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Kurama began to tremble as the demon's screams of pain echoed across his mind. He could still hear hints of the little girl, whoever she may once have been. Hiei tightened his grip on his shoulder. "It's okay, fox. It's dying. You'll be fine."

"I know."

Suddenly the demon pulled back, leaving Kurama gasping and shaking. His eyes widened. "The thing is still alive."

"Then I'll kill it - "

"No. Let's just go. We need to report to Koenma."

Hiei glanced down at Kurama. The fox was unusually pale, and it actually worried Hiei. He wasn't sure Kurama would make it out of the city, or if he would just pass out along the way. He nodde

"Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Hiei pulled Kurama to his feet, then they took off for the edge of the city. Hiei kept glancing back every now and then, sword drawn in case something happened. Yusuke met them half-way.

"Hey!" he called, running to meet them. He gave Kurama a worried once-over, then looked at Hiei. "You two okay?"

"We've been better. Help me get him out of here. If he collapses, you'll have to carry him. I'm watching our rear."

"You got it."

Kurama gave them a brief glare. "I can hear you, and I'm fine."

"Yeah, tell that to how pale you are." Yusuke commented. "I've only seen you this pale once. And that was after your fight with Karasu." he wrapped an arm around Kurama's waist, supporting his weight. "C'mon. We're not that far from the city's edge, and then Hiei can burn it to the ground."

"Don't get my hopes up, detective." Hiei said dryly. "How's the oaf doing?"

"He's fine. Botan's healing him as we speak."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 pm

"There are other children, Yusuke - did you see?" Kurama demanded. He sounded faint. Yusuke shifted his grip so the fox wouldn't hit the ground if he collapsed.

"I didn't notice. I was too focused on Kuwabara."

"We can't burn it. Not yet - Koenma will not allow it."

"Fox - shut up. If you pass out, I will kill you." Hiei snipped. He glanced at Yusuke. "What Koenma doesn't know won't hurt him."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Kurama gave Hiei a sharp look. "Hiei, get those kids out of there. They can't stay - they're what's powering the game."

Yusuke gave Kurama a curious look. "The kids are powering the game?"

"Yes. The wires that hold the kids in place are what power the city - making it possible to find their way to the square to start the game." Hiei said, steeling himself. "I'll be back. Detective, get him to Botan, and make sure he doesn't follow me."

"Why not?"

"Because he's exhausted, mentally and physically. I'll be back in a little while."

Kurama grabbed Hiei's arm. "At least take Yusuke."

Hiei gave him a brief smile. "If I take the Detective, you won't have any way out of the city. You're barely able to walk."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Kurama tightened his grip. "I'll be fine. Take Yusuke."

"Kurama - "

"If you think I'm letting you go alone, you're sadly mistaken." Kurama pushed away from Yusuke, only to almost stumble. Hiei caught him, cursing rather creatively.

"Fine, you damn stubborn fox, the kids can wait for a while." Hiei motioned to Yusuke. "Lead the way out of here."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Yusuke shook his head, trying not to laugh at some of the more creative thingss Hiei was muttering under his breath. Kurama didn't even bother trying not to laugh.

"I'm not entirely certain that's possible, Hiei." Kurama said, chuckling.

Hiei kept muttering, Yusuke and Kurama both rolling their eyes at the lack of heat behind the words. They reached the edge of the city, Hiei carefully setting Kurama on his feet.

Kuwabara was already up and moving, Botan and Koenma following him over to them. "Hey! I'm glad to see you guys are okay." he said once he was within hearing distance.

Yusuke grinned. "Hey. You feeling okay?"

"Good as new. Kurama, man, you look rough. Are you all right?" Kuwabara asked, concern written all over his face.

Kurama gave him a small smile. "I'm fine. I'm just tired."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Kuwabara winced. "What happened?"

"Kurama had to fight off a posession attempt." Hiei growled. "Apparently our demon has more than a passing thing for foxes."

Kurama shuddered. "Please, Hiei, don't say it like that. That makes me think of Karasu, and that just freaks me out."

"Karasu freaked me out." Hiei growled. "This chick is just pissing me off."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Yusuke grinned. "Yeah, well, it doesn't take much to piss you off. What say we get those kids out and have done with this whole thing?"

"Sounds good to me, Detective." Hiei gave Kuwabara a hard stare. "Make sure Kurama doesn't try to follow us. He's in no shape to be running from demons trying to eat him. Honestly, I'm not sure any of us are."

Kurama gave Hiei a flat stare. "That wasn't funny."

"I wasn't trying to be. I'm tired, and I know that Yusuke is, too. We just want this done. So please stay here and we'll be back soon." Hiei hugged Kurama briefly before turning and running back into the city, Yusuke right behind him.

Kuwabara gave Kurama a sympathetic smile. "It feels kind of weird not following them in there, don't it?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Kurama ignored him. "You hugged me. You never hug me."

"Yeah, well, no regrets, that sort of thing."

"You are coming back, correct?"

"Well - "

"Hiei!"

Kuwabara edged away from Kurama, who was starting to radiate a slow fury. "Kurama? You okay?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 pm

"Fox, I'm kidding. I have every intention of coming back. Now how about you stop scaring the oaf? He looks ready to wet himself."

"You had better take care of yourself, Hiei. I will be extremely pissed off if you get hurt."

"Getting hurt is almost guaranteed here, Kurama. We barely escaped with our lives, Fox."

"Hiei. . ."

"I'm just being honest."
Hiei paused, Yusuke coming to a stop behind him. "Fox? We'll have to continue this later - we've got company."

"Be careful, Hiei."

"Always."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Kurama sat down and pulled his knees up to his chest. He reverted back to his human form, unable to maintain his demon body due to lack of energy. He trembled lightly.

Kuwabara knelt beside him. 'Hey, it's okay. If it's any consolation, I hate having Urameshi out there without me too."

"You can't - " Kurama cut himself off and glanced at Boton before looking away. Kuwabara nodded.

"Yeah, I understand that too. Not as well, but I do."

Kurama smiled faintly. "They better come back."

"Or we'll have to kill them." Kuwabara said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Hiei and Yusuke ran, Yusuke turning back briefly to face the demon. "Shotgun!" A spray of blue bullets peppered the demon, causing it to pause and shake the blows off.

Yusuke and Hiei used the advantage to put some distance between themselves and the demon. Hiei shot Yusuke a look. "So, there are five kids. How do we get them out all at once?"

Yusuke grinned. "I'll carry three, and you carry two. That way, we don't have to come back, and you can burn this place to the ground."

"Sounds good. Let's get this over with."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Kurama kept his eyes closed, keeping track of Yusuke and Hiei through his bond with the little fire demon. A small smirk crossed his face. "They're discussing battle plans and running for their lives at the same time."

Kuwabara laughed. "Well, that sounds like them. Wait - Urameshi actually has a plan?"

"Get in, save the kids, run."

"Now that's more like it."

Botan just stared at them. "How do you know what they're doing? They're not even here!"

Kurama sighed. No shit, sherlock. "I have my ways. I am a demon, after all."

"But you aren't a psychic!"

Kurama just smirked at her.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Hiei and Yusuke reached the center of the city, pausing briefly as they looked around. "We made it to the center of the city."

"Oh, goody. Do try and avoid getting killed."

"What's got your underwear in a bunch?"

"Botan is hovering and peppering me with questions."

"Oh. Feel free to kill her if you feel like it."

"If I had the energy to do more than growl, I would."

Hiei laughed as he and Yusuke reached the kids. He glanced at Yusuke. "You do realize this isn't going to be pleasant, right?"

Yusuke nodded once. "Yeah, I know. Let's get this over with." he paused. "Are you going to be cauterizing the wounds afterwards?"

"Yes. We don't need them bleeding out as we run for our lives." Hiei said dryly. "I won't have time to stop, and neither will you."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Kuwabara kept a close eye on Kurama. The stubborn fox demon wouldn't let Botan even attempt to heal him, and he looked more and more like he was going to just keel over.

Botan, however, didn't seem to share his concern.

"So - are you really psychic?"

"Botan, shut up!" Kuwabara snapped. "That's like the third time you've asked him!"

"Well, he won't answer me!"

"That's because you're annoying him. Can't you see he's running on fumes right now?"

Kurama managed to ignore them both. He kept his focus solely on Hiei, hoping the fire apparition didn't need his help anytime soon. Even with his legendary stubborness, he wasn't sure he would be of any use.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Hiei and Yusuke worked quickly, unhooking the kids as painlessly as possible. By the time they were done, both of them were covered in blood that was not theirs. They unhooked the last kid, and Hiei cauterized the wounds as quickly as he could. Once he was done, he picked two of the kids up and threw them over his shoulder. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah." Yusuke looked back at the kid who was hanging on his back. The kid's eyes were open, and he was concious, but barely. "You okay back there?"

The kid nodded, and Yusuke lifted the other two before nodding once at Hiei. They took off, running as fast as they could with the kids. There was a roar, and they sped up, Yusuke flicking a glance back. "How much faster do you think we'll need to go?"

"We need to get to the rooftops. The rooftops can't support the demons' weight. It can support ours." Hiei bit out, shifting his grip on the kids and leaping into the air.

Yusuke glanced back at the kid. "Hang on - the ride is about to get wild." he smiled when he felt the kid's grip tighten before he jumped, joining Hiei on the roof and running.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Kurama followed them with his mind, keeping an eye out for anything untoward.

"Behind you, Hiei. The demons are on the ground, closing fast."

"Well, we're going to find out if they can cross city limits."

The fox forced himself to his feet and drew his rose. Kuwabara immediately fell into step beside him, spirit sword at the ready. "We'll make sure they don't."

Hiei didn't bother to argue. There was no point.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Yusuke and Hiei ran as fast as they could. Yusuke glanced back, and swore. "Hiei - they're right behind us."

"I know. I can't do anything about it." Hiei grunted, jumping across the break between buildings, not even breaking stride, Yusuke right behind him.

"How do you feel about carrying one more while I stop him?"

"I'll give it a shot. Don't do anything stupid, Detective."

Yusuke passed off one of the kids, then turned and fired three consecutive shotguns in the demon's face. The thing screamed, and leaped off the roof, turning back the way it came. Three more demons took it's place.

"Detective, not to state the obvious, but we are out-numbered, and we cannot fight with the kids. We need to reach the city limits."

"I know. Come on - we're almost there."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Hiei grunted and pushed himself faster. Yusuke was right beside him. Suddenly the Detective's eyes widened. "What the hell - "

Kurama stood there, his body glowing and rose held tightly in his hand. He was prepared, if necessary, to unleash unholy hell on the demons if they didn't stop at the city limits. Hiei winced. "Kurama - "

"Shut up. I'm doing this."

"I know."

Hiei and Yusuke flew across the city limits. The demons showed no sign of slowing down. Kurama let loose a chilling scream and unleashed a bright flare of energy. Kuwabara yelled and mixed his own spirit energy with Kurama's. The demons closest to them were obliterated. The others decided this really wasn't worth their time and left. Yusuke grinned.

"Awesome."

Kurama smiled faintly. Then his eyes rolled backward and he passed out.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Hiei had already passed the kids to Botan, and caught Kurama before he hit the ground. He carefully set Kurama down before rounding on Koenma. "You. I have a bone to pick with you."

Koenma blinked. "Me?"

"Yes." Hiei stalked toward him, and punched him square in the nose.

Koenma yelped, and covered his face with both hands while Yusuke and Kuwabara howled with laughter. "What was that for?!"

"That's for withholding information. Kurama and I suspected that you knew more than you were telling, and guess what, we were right. You almost got us killed." Hiei growled, fist clenching. "I don't like being lied to, even if it's by omission."

Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Kuwabara grinned. "Man, Kurama's gonna be pissed he missed that!"

"I'm your boss! You can't just punch me!" Koenma whined. "Besides, I didn't lie! I only suspected that there might be something more! I didn't honestly know!"

"It works just as well." Yusuke shook his head. "We got the kids out. I don't think the game is going to be played again."

"Oh, I hope not." Koenma shuddered. "That town is awful."

Hiei's eyes narrowed. "You were watching."

"I always watch." Koenma turned his focus elsewhere. "I'll make sure the children are sent back home. You guys get some rest."

Hiei just rolled his eyes and picked up Kurama, cradling him close. "I'll get him home."

Yusuke arched an eyebrow. "How are you going to get past Shiori?"

Hiei grinned. "She already knows."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Yusuke shrugged. "Hey, whatever works, man. I don't know about you guys, but I could use about ten days of sleep."

Kuwabara yawned and stretched, wincing as the movement pulled his wounds. "I agree, man." he paused, then looked at Hiei. "Hey, thanks for getting me out of there. I really appreciate it."

Hiei gave him a slight smile and a shrug. "You would have done the same for me. Now don't get used to it."

Yusuke grinned and draped an arm around Hiei's shoulders as they walked off. "Aw, that might be the nicest thing you've said to him." he yelped when his arm started to burn.

"Get off of me." Hiei said, bringing his body temperature back down before he burned Kurama.

"Jeez - make a joke, and you stop having a sense of humor." Yusuke muttered, nursing the burn on his arm.

Koenma watched them go before turning to Botan. "I have a feeling this isn't over. This isn't the only time they'll go into that city."

"What makes you say that, sir?"

"Just a gut feeling."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Hiei brought Kurama into his home. Shiori, unsurprisingly, was waiting for him in the living room. She gasped. 'Is he -"

"He's fine." Hiei quickly assured her. "We had a case. He exhausted himself. I'll stay with him for the night - he might have nightmares."

Shiori smiled. "You just don't want to leave him alone."

"He's pack." Hiei said simply. "Of course I don't." Shiori just nodded and helped him carry Kurama up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaku Ren Bo   Kaku Ren Bo - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaku Ren Bo
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Forums :: Roleplays :: Blood Brothers-
Jump to: