RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for story-type roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Trek 1

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

Star Trek 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:19 am

Kirk grinned. "Oh, well, as long as it's a little of both, I can't complain too much."

Uhura's computer beeped and she turned to look at the readout. "We have a planet coming up." She read the information on the screen. "The planet is uninhabited, and the atmosphere is close to that of Earth's."

Kirk nodded. "Well, we've got to beam down and see what it's like - it's kind of our job description." he turned to Spock. "Spock, you'll be beaming down with myself and Bones. Sulu, you'll have the conn. Have Mister Scotty meet us at the teleporter in five."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 am

"The doctor is going to protest going down there." Spock points out as he follows Kirk from the bridge. "Loudly, I might add."

"Yeah, well, it's in his job description too." Kirk says with a grin. "Besides, uninhabited. What can go wrong?"

"Do you seriously want an answer to that? I can provide a very long list of things that can go wrong, especially with your allergies."

"Aren't you just a Vulcan ball of sunshine."

"I honestly don't think that's the way that expression is said."

"It's not." McCoy says grumpily. "He's censoring himself."

"I was not!" Kirk protests. "I was being descriptive!"
Back to top Go down
https://rpgforums.forumotion.com
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:29 am

"Besides, it's not my fault that the universe is allergic to me!" Kirk added as they walked down the hall towards the transporter room.

Spock opened his mouth to say something, but McCoy cut him off. "Don't. I've tried pointing out that it's him that's allergic to the universe, but in this case, logic will get you nowhere but bashing your head against a wall. Call it personal experience."

Kirk gave them a cheerful grin. "Besides, that's why Bones is coming along!"

"Goody. I just love going down to an unknown planet and seeing what kind of reaction you'll have next." McCoy deadpanned.

"I love you too. Keep that hypospray to yourself though - I don't want to get stabbed until I have to be." Kirk said, eyeing the tool in McCoy's hand.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:33 am

"It is slightly disconcerting to note that you already consider the hypospray to be an inevitability." Spock points out dryly.

"The universe is allergic to me." Kirk replies with the tone of one trying to explain a simple concept. "Yes, it's gonna happen."

They make it to the transporter room and Scotty beams them down to the planet. The blast of cold air has Kirk already rethinking bringing Spock down here. "Holy hell!"

"If this was Hell, it would be warm." Spock replies. "As it stands, I'm surprised there is no snow."

"Don't jinx us." McCoy moans.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:38 am

Kirk's eyes are wide as he wraps his arms around himself and stares at Spock, ignoring McCoy's swearing. "How are you not freezing?"

Spock raises an eyebrow as his shoulders hunch slightly. "I am not 'freezing', however, if we don't find shelter soon, that might become a possibility."

McCoy stops swearing. "Oh, awesome. Congratulations, Jim. You've just stranded us in the middle of a goddam blizzard!"

"Have you even tried your communicator?" Kirk asks, giving McCoy a faintly amused look. "Because I didn't see it in you hand during your swear-fest."

"Don't make me stab you. I'll tell the Admiralty it was justifiable homicide, and they won't even blink."

Spock cleared his throat. "Could we possibly continue this discussion somewhere sheltered?"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 am

Kirk shakes his head. "Let's get the frick off this planet first." he says. "I am so not taking that chance." He pulls out his communicator. "Kirk to Scotty." Nothing. He frowns. "Kirk to Scotty."

"Shit." McCoy grumbles. "Shelter it is."

"Yep." Kirk doesn't even bother arguing the point. He can keep trying Scotty once they find shelter. They've been beamed down on a beach, and lucky enough, there are cliffs and caves on the shoreline. "That way, troop."

"I hope nothing is living in them." McCoy sighs as they head that direction.

Spock chooses not to say anything. The cold is already starting to become unbearable. He tucks his hands into his armpits to keep his fingers warm.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 am

Kirk glanced back at the water. "I'm not so much concerned about anything living in them as opposed to how high the tide is when it comes in. I'm really hoping that it doesn't reach the cliffs and said caves."

McCoy paused. "I didn't think about that. Shit."

"Let's worry about it when or if it happens." Kirk bent and picked up a stick. "We should get some wood, and get a fire going - we're gonna need the heat."

They walked towards the cliffs, picking up whatever wood they could along the way. Kirk kept glancing at Spock, making sure he was doing all right. Spock caught one of his glances, and nodded once before bending to pick up a chunk of wood.

They reached the cave, and Kirk led the way inside, and breathed a slight sigh of relief at the shelter from the wind. "I love this cave."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 am

"It is considerably warmer in here." Spock admits. He really doesn't want to admit that he's slightly shivering, and the faster they get a fire going the better. He greatly dislikes being the weak link in a landing party, even if it is illogical. It's not like they knew it was going to be this cold.

It's not until they get a fire going that Kirk resumes trying to make contact with the Enterprise. "Kirk to Scotty, come in."

"Scotty here. What's going on, Captain?"

Kirk sighs. "Beam up, now. The weather just isn't good for exploring."

"You're gonna have to wait about two hours." Scotty says. "There's something in the atmosphere that's screwing with the readings. I cannoe get a lock on you."

The captain automatically looks at Spock. "Do we have two hours?" he asks.

"I believe so." Spock replies quietly.

"Guys." McCoy says suddenly. "We are not alone in this cave."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:03 am

Kirk froze. "What do you mean, we're not alone?"

"I mean, I just saw something move. I didn't see what it was real well, but there's something here with us." McCoy said, staring suspiciously into the darker part of the cave.

"Maybe it's friendly?" Kirk tried. "Come on, we need to get this fire going. If not because it'll give us light, we need to get Spock's body temperature back up."

McCoy turned to stare at Spock. "Are you holding up okay?"

"I am fine, Doctor. But I wouldn't mind that fire." Spock said, shuddering lightly.

"Fire coming up!" Kirk called out gleefully. There was a whoosh, and a fire was burning. "I had to bust into your supplies, Bones, and borrow a little alcohol. The fire wouldn't light without it."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:08 am

"I'd rather use up some alcohol than have to nurse a hypothermic Vulcan." McCoy points out. "Okay - let's see if I can find that thing in here."

"Captain. Do not move." There is an odd note to Spock's voice that makes Kirk immediately freeze. Spock is looking up at the ceiling, and Kirk slowly follows his gaze. Something is clinging to the rock, and it looks distinctly like a cross between a bat and a monkey.

"What. The. Hell." he mutters.

"I would not advise loud noises." Spock says softly. "I believe that's what startled it." He slowly walks over to Kirk and takes his arm, pulling him away from the creature. It watches them move closer to the fire.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:16 am

Kirk inches closer to it, and smiles. "He's kinda cute." He moves a few inches closer, and Spock grabs his arm.

"We do not know if it is friendy, Captain." he points out. "I would not advise getting any nearer."

Kirk dug in one of his pockets and pulled out a small bag. "I was saving it for after dinner tonight, but I think I can spare part of a cookie to see if he'll at least eat it."

McCoy gave Kirk a flat stare. "You're giving it a cookie?"

"Sure. You got anything else on you?" Kirk rose an eyebrow.

"No. And stop giving me that look. You got that from the hobgoblin, and it's weird."

"Excuse me, but this hobgoblin is standing right here, and can hear you." Spock deadpanned.

"I know. I just don't care." McCoy said cheerfully, sitting down next to the fire and holding his hands out.
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:21 am

Spock decides it's far more logical to stay just behind Kirk (the captain is providing plenty of warmth on his own, and it will allow Spock to pull him out of harm's way faster) but McCoy's voice distracts him.

"Hey, hobgoblin - there's one behind you."

He makes an effort to turn around slowly. Sure enough, it's crouched just behind him, watching him warily. Slowly, he crouches down and reaches out a hand. Now Kirk is watching him while still holding out a cookie to the one on the ceiling.

"Yeah, sure, like you cant' get killed by the things." he teases.

Then the creature reaches out and touches Spock's hand. He almost jerks back in surprise. "They're intelligent." he says.

"Really? Do they understand us?" Kirk almost sounds like a kid in a candy store.

"Affirmative, to a degree. They know we mean no harm. They're - curious."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 am

Kirk's eyes widen and he turns to stare at McCoy and Spock. McCoy read the look on Kirk's face and began shaking his head. "No. No way, Jim."

"You don't even - "

"You want to keep one. Jim, we don't even know if they'd agitate your allergies!"

"I'm not sneezing or displaying any of my symptoms. For all we know, they're hypoallergenic. You know, like rabbits." Kirk pointed out.

"Jim, I swear to God - "

"Quit yelling, Bones, you're scaring them." Kirk said, smiling when the one on the ceiling dropped onto his shoulder and accepted the cookie. "Besides, they're cute, and this one likes me."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:29 am

"And apparently, the other one likes Spock." McCoy says with great amounts of amusement. The second creature is currently perched on Spock's back, leather wings wrapped around the Vulcan. Kirk glances at him and laughs.

"Astoundingly warm, aren't they?" he teases.

Spock arches an eyebrow at him. "They are acceptable." he agrees. "And apparently they are both female."

"Cool. They need names. Do they have names?"

"We don't even know what the hell they're called!" McCoy protests.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Kirk thought for a second and brightened. "I know! I'm calling mine Winona. You know, after my Mom. Hey, Spock, you should call yours Amanda!"

"You say this like they're coming home with us!"

"How do you know they're not?"

"Spock! Help me out here!"
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Spock considers for a moment. "I think calling her Amanda is acceptable." he says finally.

McCoy proceeds to curse rather impressively. Spock and Kirk ignore him in favor of their new companions. Kirk grins at Spock. "Whaddya think? Do they want to come with us?"

"I suppose we could experiment and attempt to detach them from ourselves." the Vulcan muses. "However, I am of the impression that they like us. I doubt they will go willingly."

"Awesome. Hear that Winona? You're coming home with me!" Kirk reaches up and pets the bat-monkey on the head.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:24 pm

"And, bonus, I'm not allergic! So yes, our bat-monkeys are a thing." Kirk said happily. He pulled out his communicator. "Scotty, can you hear me?"

"Aye, Captain! I've got a lock on yer coordinates, and am preparing to beam ye up now. Stand by."

Spock straightened his shirt and walked over to Kirk. "Our exploration did not go very far, Captain."

"No, but I don't exactly feel like walking around in those sub-zero temperatures, do you?" Kirk pointed out with a grin.

McCoy rose a hand. "I'm with the idiot. I don't feel like freezing my balls off."

"Doctor - "

"It's a figure of speech, you hobgoblin!"

Kirk's communicator beeped. "Beamin' ye up now."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:27 pm

The three of them materialize in the transport room. The sudden disruption terrifies Amanda and Winona, who react instantly. Amanda springs up onto Spock's shoulders, hissing and baring quite impressive fangs. Winona follows suit with Kirk.

Scotty immediately backs away. "Um, Captain - "

"Oh, shit, sorry!" Kirk reaches up and sooths Winona back into submission. "We forgot to mention we were bringing additions along."

"Aye." Scotty says, starting to calm down now that the two creatures are not baring their fangs at him. "Did ya stop off at Oz by chance?"
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:31 pm

McCoy snorts. "If that was Oz, then Oz sucks, and I don't wanna go back. Too damn cold." He turns to Spock. "I want to see you in my medbay in five - make sure that your body temperature is going back up to where it's supposed to be."

Spock blinks. "But Doctor, I assure you, I'm fine."

"Uh-huh. The last person who said that to me fainted. And that was Jim. So, I don't care if you feel fine, you're coming down to medbay, or I'll drag you there by the points on your ears."

Spock turned to Kirk, who was staring at the ground, his shoulders beginning to shake. "Captain - "

"Better do what he says, Spock. He'll do it." Kirk said, trying not to laugh. "He's dragged me there by the ear before. It hurts, and I bet it'll hurt worse if he grabs the point of your ear."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Spock sighs. "Fine, Doctor." He turns his attention to Kirk, but the captain waves him on.

"I wanna check out the atmospheric readings." he says. "We should have known that planet was in a blizzard. Don't wanna check in on another one." He winks at Spock and heads down the hall, Winona clinging to his shoulders.

McCoy shakes his head. "How in the hell did you do that?"

"Do what?" Spock asks.

"Make friends with aliens that don't even talk."

Spock arches an eyebrow. "I listened. They speak, just not with words."

"Oh, how poetic. I didn't know you had it in you."

The two snipe at each other the entire way to the med bay.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Winona curls up on Kirk's shoulder as he walks down the hall toward the bridge, her tail flicking every now and then as Kirk hums a little tune he'd picked up from Scotty. He pats her on the head as the doors hiss open, and walks inside.

There's a couple beats of silence while everyone tries to figure out just what Kirk's new pet is. Uhura breaks the silence first. "Aw. . .it's so cute!"

Kirk grins. "Her name's Winona. She and her friend found us down there on that planet. Speaking of, is there any way we can tell whether or not that planet's gonna blizzard again?"

Uhura grins and pats Winona before walking back to her station. Chekov nodded. "Aye, the magnetic field around ze planet flares whenever ze weather starts acting up. So, by tracking ze fluctuations, we should be able to predict when ze storms happen."
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Spock stays still while McCoy runs his scans on him. Amanda tracks the tricoder with her head, and even tries to take it from the doctor a few times. He finally gives her a spare one and turns it on so she can play with the buttons. McCoy sighs. "Well, the tips of your ears are frostbitten, but that'll heal in time." he says. "I think you got lucky."

"How so?" Spock asks. "The temperatures were not that cold. I would have been able to last longer."

"Yeah, but I'd rather you not risk it." McCoy says. "I'm gonna recommend you stay on the ship next time Kirk goes down, because I know he's gonna."

"I would rather go down with the captain."

"Yes, I know you would, but if a blizzard flares up again, you're gonna die." the doctor points out. "And all I have to do is say that to Jim and you know he's not letting you off this ship."

"I am still going back down. I want to see if there are other creatures like Amanda."
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Kirk walked into the medbay, and Winona flew off his shoulder to join Amanda on the bed. Amanda shoved the tricorder at Winona and chirped, showing her how to press the buttons. Kirk smiled before turning his attention to McCoy and Spock. "So, what's the verdict, Bones?"

"The tips of his ears are frostbitten, but other than that, the hobgoblin will survive. Though I don't recommend his going down there again - if another storm crops up, it could kill him." McCoy said, putting his tricorder away and letting Spock sit up.

Kirk nodded. "All right. I've got Chekov and Sulu running scans on the atmosphere. If we do send down another party, we'll have to wait a few hours. The storms seem to appear every few hours or so, so that narrows our window of exploration. Which is a bummer, but not something that bothers me too much."

Last edited by Hiei on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prowl
Admin
Prowl

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Spock narrows his eyes. "I am going back down with you, Captain."

Kirk gives him a look. "A few hours, Spock. That's not enough time for you."

"I can manage it."

"And Bones says no."

McCoy just sits back and grins as he watches the show. For once, he has Kirk agreeing with him.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Admin
Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Kirk closes his eyes briefly. "Spock, don't make me pull rank - I hate that."

"Then do not. I am going with you back down there."

"No, you're not. You're not going to be well enough in time, and besides, I'm not as susceptible to the cold as you are. I didn't live on a desert planet for all of my life."

"That is irrelevant."

"No, it's not. Your tolerance to the cold is way lower than mine. I won't risk you going back down there and something happening. No way." Kirk's tone was firm. "I'll be fine. I'll have Bones and Uhura with me."

"Oh, goody." McCoy muttered as he walked away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek 1   Star Trek 1 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek 1
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next